Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How Do I Root My HTC Desire HD Android 2.3.5(im kinda new to android and rooting)

Tip us?

AshTheDude007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How Do I Root My HTC Desire HD Android 2.3.5(im kinda new to android and rooting)

Hi

I bought my Desire HD last week.i received an update today and i updated it to 2.3.5.Now i want to root my phone. i tried searching in the internet but no luck..so some please help me with this.
here is my software specs

Android Version-2.3.5
HTC Sense Version-3.0
Software Number3.13.707.4

Kernel Version
2.6.35.10-g931a37e
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Baseband Version
12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M

Build Number
3.13.707.4 CL228204 release-keys

Browser Version
WebKit/533.1

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTheDude007 View Post
Hi

I bought my Desire HD last week.i received an update today and i updated it to 2.3.5.Now i want to root my phone. i tried searching in the internet but no luck..so some please help me with this.

Android Version-2.3.5
HTC Sense Version-3.0

Kernel Version
2.6.35.10-g931a37e
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Baseband Version

Build Number

Browser Version
WebKit/533.1
See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037315.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theonew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nani99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTheDude007 View Post
Hi

Android Version-2.3.5
HTC Sense Version-3.0

Kernel Version
2.6.35.10-g931a37e
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Baseband Version

Build Number

Browser Version
WebKit/533.1
I'm getting in the same as your trouble

pspfree
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani99 View Post
I'm getting in the same as your trouble
Yeah me too.

Saturn007
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Anyone of you guys is on 3 Australia?

I am tempted not to upgrade so I don't get into trouble rooting.

I wanted to wait to make sure there is root available before upgrading it.

bl0m5t3r
Old
Thanks Meter 3
here is a nice (though elaborate) guide to downgrading your rom so you can root it: theunlockr.com/2011/10/25/how-to-downgrade-the-g2-desire-z-desire-hd-and-mytouch-4g-back-to-froyo/

it's not the easiest guide, but it works from my experience.

diakhat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default still nothing happens

tried many tools, seems new HTC official 2.3.5 with sense 3.0 is patched against all available rooting methods, should wait a bit longer for a new tool to root

although there are some "HTC stock 2.3.5" that are rooted, but it requires removing the original os and replacing this one, such as:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...382235&page=12

if any one finds how this os was rooted plz help us, so we could root our existing os instead of replacing it

jase3303
Old
(Last edited by jase3303; 24th January 2012 at 11:53 PM.) Reason: Extra information
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all. New to the forum and brand new at rooting android phones. After a lot of reading and searching and trying I managed too achieve root last night on my Desire hd running 2.3.5 using the Ace Advanced Hack Tool. It took a few attempts for the phone to accept the downgrade. I had to run the hack tool several times to achieve this. In the end as the effin manual says I had to turn off all anti virus and close non essential programs. I also removed any anti virus apps from my phone. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I was about to give up and had unplugged the USB cable and was in the bootloader menu about to reboot when all of a sudden it read the zip file on the SD card and downgraded the ROM. After that ran the Hack tool again and Now rooted, S off and Custom ROM (CM7) installed. One other quick thing, after installing CM7 on boot up it went into a boot loop. After searching found out you have to clear/reset factory settings and clear cache in custom recovery before flashing a new ROM. Hope this helps.

edit - forgot to mention I had the bootloader unlocked from HTCdev site but re locked it just before the downgrade started working.

ericute
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi ALL,

Have you tried The Advanced Ace Hack Kit by attn1?
Device: HTC Desire HD
Current ROM: RunnyDrOiD v5.1 by PVTEAM
Previous ROM(s):
IceColdSandwich - 6.1 - AOKP | TWISTED EDITION
RunnyDrOiD v4.0 by PVTEAM (GB 2.3.5 Sense 3.5)
Playground ICS
Virtuous Quattro RC3 (AOSP 4.0.3)
LC ICS 4.0.3 1.0.beta4.5
Virtuous Quattro RC2 (AOSP 4.0.3)
RCMix3D v4.0 (GB 2.3.5 Sense 3.5)

Kernel: Whichever is included in the ROM
Build No.: 1.05.401.4
Radio: 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M
Recovery: Clockwork Mod 5.02
SDCard: Patriot LX Series 32gb Class 10

acidsven
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase3303 View Post
Hi all. New to the forum and brand new at rooting android phones. After a lot of reading and searching and trying I managed too achieve root last night on my Desire hd running 2.3.5 using the Ace Advanced Hack Tool. It took a few attempts for the phone to accept the downgrade. I had to run the hack tool several times to achieve this. In the end as the effin manual says I had to turn off all anti virus and close non essential programs. I also removed any anti virus apps from my phone. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I was about to give up and had unplugged the USB cable and was in the bootloader menu about to reboot when all of a sudden it read the zip file on the SD card and downgraded the ROM. After that ran the Hack tool again and Now rooted, S off and Custom ROM (CM7) installed. One other quick thing, after installing CM7 on boot up it went into a boot loop. After searching found out you have to clear/reset factory settings and clear cache in custom recovery before flashing a new ROM. Hope this helps.

edit - forgot to mention I had the bootloader unlocked from HTCdev site but re locked it just before the downgrade started working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericute View Post
Hi ALL,

Have you tried The Advanced Ace Hack Kit by attn1?

People it really works flawlessly...; just re-lock your bootloader if unlocked from HTCdev.com and use an empty, clean sd card... andof course read all the manual. Then you can let show begin They did such a BIG AND PERFECT work! i'm Amazed and impressed! thank's a lot people who made this possible.