Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

[Q] How Do I Root My HTC Desire HD Android 2.3.5(im kinda new to android and rooting)

29th December 2011, 03:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi

I bought my Desire HD last week.i received an update today and i updated it to 2.3.5.Now i want to root my phone. i tried searching in the internet but no luck..so some please help me with this.
here is my software specs

Android Version-2.3.5
HTC Sense Version-3.0
Software Number3.13.707.4

Kernel Version
2.6.35.10-g931a37e
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Baseband Version
12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M

Build Number
3.13.707.4 CL228204 release-keys

Browser Version
WebKit/533.1
29th December 2011, 05:14 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,056

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTheDude007

Hi

I bought my Desire HD last week.i received an update today and i updated it to 2.3.5.Now i want to root my phone. i tried searching in the internet but no luck..so some please help me with this.

Android Version-2.3.5
HTC Sense Version-3.0

Kernel Version
2.6.35.10-g931a37e
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Baseband Version

Build Number

Browser Version
WebKit/533.1

See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037315.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theonew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2012, 06:55 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTheDude007

Hi

Android Version-2.3.5
HTC Sense Version-3.0

Kernel Version
2.6.35.10-g931a37e
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Baseband Version

Build Number

Browser Version
WebKit/533.1

I'm getting in the same as your trouble
3rd January 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani99

I'm getting in the same as your trouble

Yeah me too.
9th January 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

105 posts
More
Anyone of you guys is on 3 Australia?

I am tempted not to upgrade so I don't get into trouble rooting.

I wanted to wait to make sure there is root available before upgrading it.
9th January 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #6  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
More
here is a nice (though elaborate) guide to downgrading your rom so you can root it: theunlockr.com/2011/10/25/how-to-downgrade-the-g2-desire-z-desire-hd-and-mytouch-4g-back-to-froyo/

it's not the easiest guide, but it works from my experience.
15th January 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
still nothing happens
tried many tools, seems new HTC official 2.3.5 with sense 3.0 is patched against all available rooting methods, should wait a bit longer for a new tool to root

although there are some "HTC stock 2.3.5" that are rooted, but it requires removing the original os and replacing this one, such as:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...382235&page=12

if any one finds how this os was rooted plz help us, so we could root our existing os instead of replacing it
24th January 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Adelaide

3 posts
Hi all. New to the forum and brand new at rooting android phones. After a lot of reading and searching and trying I managed too achieve root last night on my Desire hd running 2.3.5 using the Ace Advanced Hack Tool. It took a few attempts for the phone to accept the downgrade. I had to run the hack tool several times to achieve this. In the end as the effin manual says I had to turn off all anti virus and close non essential programs. I also removed any anti virus apps from my phone. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I was about to give up and had unplugged the USB cable and was in the bootloader menu about to reboot when all of a sudden it read the zip file on the SD card and downgraded the ROM. After that ran the Hack tool again and Now rooted, S off and Custom ROM (CM7) installed. One other quick thing, after installing CM7 on boot up it went into a boot loop. After searching found out you have to clear/reset factory settings and clear cache in custom recovery before flashing a new ROM. Hope this helps.

edit - forgot to mention I had the bootloader unlocked from HTCdev site but re locked it just before the downgrade started working.
Last edited by jase3303; 24th January 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Extra information
24th January 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

101 posts
More
Hi ALL,

Have you tried The Advanced Ace Hack Kit by attn1?
3rd February 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #10  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 9

103 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase3303

Hi all. New to the forum and brand new at rooting android phones. After a lot of reading and searching and trying I managed too achieve root last night on my Desire hd running 2.3.5 using the Ace Advanced Hack Tool. It took a few attempts for the phone to accept the downgrade. I had to run the hack tool several times to achieve this. In the end as the effin manual says I had to turn off all anti virus and close non essential programs. I also removed any anti virus apps from my phone. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I was about to give up and had unplugged the USB cable and was in the bootloader menu about to reboot when all of a sudden it read the zip file on the SD card and downgraded the ROM. After that ran the Hack tool again and Now rooted, S off and Custom ROM (CM7) installed. One other quick thing, after installing CM7 on boot up it went into a boot loop. After searching found out you have to clear/reset factory settings and clear cache in custom recovery before flashing a new ROM. Hope this helps.

edit - forgot to mention I had the bootloader unlocked from HTCdev site but re locked it just before the downgrade started working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericute

Hi ALL,

Have you tried The Advanced Ace Hack Kit by attn1?

People it really works flawlessly...; just re-lock your bootloader if unlocked from HTCdev.com and use an empty, clean sd card... andof course read all the manual. Then you can let show begin They did such a BIG AND PERFECT work! i'm Amazed and impressed! thank's a lot people who made this possible.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread