Just posting this to help out my fellow Mac Heads who've turned from the evil iPhone.
Unlocking your bootloader will probably or definitely void your warranty. I am in no way responsible for you screwing up your beautiful Rezound. (K, that's out of the way.)
1. I had an old Android SDK and couldn't get it to work.
HTC Dev site stated I only needed adb and fastboot for this (but I don't remember when I actually used an adb command). Anyhoo... download the latest Android SDK from the link provided by HTC Dev from the link at the right side (as your following the process). Save and uncompress it in the root of your hard drive and rename it ' android ' (no single quotes) - this step just makes it easier.
2. Check if there is a 'platform-tools' folder. If not then in the 'tools' folder just double click the 'android' file and it'll open Terminal and run the Android SDK Manager app. I only checked the 'Android SDK Platform-tools' for installation but you can install whatever else you want. Click the button 'Install (x) package' close to the bottom right. After it's done you'll find the 'platform-tools' folder and that's where adb will be. (Like I said, I don't remember using any ./adb commands, though)
NEXT FOLLOW THE HTC WEBSITE STEPS
(this is on the website)
1. After you've pulled the battery and placed it back in, hold VolumeDown and Power button to restart. At white screen, select Fastboot with volume rocker and hit the power button. Connect cable from phone to mac.
2. Download the Mac version of the Fastboot in Step 5 of the HTC Website. Uncompress it and place it in the root of the 'android' folder. Rename it 'fastboot' (without single quotes) from 'fastboot-mac'.
3. Open a new Terminal window (Applications/Utitilies).
Type: cd /android
(that's if you had placed the android folder at the root of your hard drive) or you can type: cd then <space> then drag the android folder from a finder window into the terminal window
Type: ./fastboot oem get_identifier_token
4. Per the instructions at the HTC Website Step 9, Copy the Identifier token text.
(I copied and pasted it into a text app and deleted the "(bootloader)" text in there, then copied the resulting text.)
5. Paste into HTC Website Step 10 inside the "My Device Identifier Token:" box and hit submit.
If it goes through you'll get a Congratulations webpage and your unlock file will be sent to your registered email.
6. Download the Unlock_code.bin file into the android folder where the 'fastboot' file should be.
7. Go back into the Terminal window.
Type: ./fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
8. Your phone should go off and come up with an Unlock Your Phone screen. Use the volume rocker to select Yes and hit the Power button. Should restart and you're good to go.
Originally Posted by AshtonTS
to avoid having to use the ./ (this should probably be done after you set up adb and fasboot but before you start the Actual unlock part)
and then add