Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Skinomi Carbon Fiber + Screen Protector for TF-201

17th February 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #31  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 16

130 posts
More
I only put on the main back cover, the edges did not stick very well even with a dryer. The screen protector sucks.
17th February 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #32  
Flag jacksonville florida
Thanks Meter: 121

713 posts
More
glad i didnt find this thread till after i put tablet dock kit on. it looks awesom and you cant even tell their is a screen protector on it bnut i took my sweet a## time putting this thing together. everyone that has seen it loves it including me. as for the corners, you have to do them last. leave them sticking up till you are done with that piece then hit it with the blow dryer. heat the top and under the edge and it will stick, as long as you cleaned it before hand.
22nd February 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug2010

They have a a 30 days "no questions asked" return policy, so I'm guessing as long as you're with that window, all you pay is shipping.

But you have legit concerns, send them the pics, see what they say

They sent me a new screen protector and it's definitely from a different batch. Even the ends of the tube are a different color. This one fits perfectly without needing to stretch it with a blow dryer. After a few weeks of letting it dry it's 500x better than the last 2 they sent but it still has some odd marks like micro micro bubbles in 2 places that never went away. Guess the adhesive just isn't the best in these things. The marks from the squeegee are still there too. Not scratches, just indentions. I used 2 layers of cloths around the card so that it wouldn't scratch as those do scratch the surface. Satisfied though! They made no effort in fixing the issues with the corners for the edge pieces but they probably thought my puzzle piecing was good enough. I blasted that crap with my hairdryer and it never melted into place or even got soft like other people's in this thread. Oh well!

I'm finally going to pick up my dock at BB today.. this will be my 3rd try getting it from BB. Last one they couldn't find it anywhere in the pick up area or in the store. Apparently sold it to someone else even though I called and told them exactly when I'd be flying into town. The previous one I didn't order but it said Available Now for pickup on that day at another store in another town but the tech guy told me I was wrong and it was only available for order. Third time may be the charm.. 3rd city, 3rd BB. I'll post about the dock skin installation after if I get the dock today!
The Following User Says Thank You to Misera For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #34  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 12

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misera

They sent me a new screen protector and it's definitely from a different batch. Even the ends of the tube are a different color. This one fits perfectly without needing to stretch it with a blow dryer. After a few weeks of letting it dry it's 500x better than the last 2 they sent but it still has some odd marks like micro micro bubbles in 2 places that never went away. Guess the adhesive just isn't the best in these things. The marks from the squeegee are still there too. Not scratches, just indentions. I used 2 layers of cloths around the card so that it wouldn't scratch as those do scratch the surface. Satisfied though! They made no effort in fixing the issues with the corners for the edge pieces but they probably thought my puzzle piecing was good enough. I blasted that crap with my hairdryer and it never melted into place or even got soft like other people's in this thread. Oh well!

I'm finally going to pick up my dock at BB today.. this will be my 3rd try getting it from BB. Last one they couldn't find it anywhere in the pick up area or in the store. Apparently sold it to someone else even though I called and told them exactly when I'd be flying into town. The previous one I didn't order but it said Available Now for pickup on that day at another store in another town but the tech guy told me I was wrong and it was only available for order. Third time may be the charm.. 3rd city, 3rd BB. I'll post about the dock skin installation after if I get the dock today!

Thanks for the info I contacted Skinomi about my issues with the dock + screen protector and they sent me a new one for free. They didn't really address the issues I mentioned so I was a little disappointed, but after hearing that the one they sent you seems to be from a different batch, my hopes are up again!
23rd February 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #35  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 540

3,058 posts
More
Here's my installation from Bestbuys. Since they always do an awesome job, I always comeback when I get a new device.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

27th February 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
Thumbs up RE: RMXO
RMXO - Is that a Ghost Armor White or a Skinomi Silver Carbon?
28th February 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #37  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 540

3,058 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderinacircle

RMXO - Is that a Ghost Armor White or a Skinomi Silver Carbon?

Skinomi silver carbon body kit

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
prime, screen cover, skinomi
Previous Thread Next Thread