WIFI and GPS Issues with the TF201

OP dereking

30th December 2011, 02:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Guys i pre-ordered a TFPrime from amazon UK and will be getting it shortly (12-Jan). However after watching a few reviews, etc, I noticed the Wifi / GPS seems really buggy which could be a deal breaker for me. Can anyone share their experiences? Any workaround?

Wifi Issues: youtube.com/watch?v=nzCZc3pjtrA

GPS Issues: youtube.com/watch?v=YeiOh09v54I
30th December 2011, 02:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 83

501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereking

Guys i pre-ordered a TFPrime from amazon UK and will be getting it shortly (12-Jan). However after watching a few reviews, etc, I noticed the Wifi / GPS seems really buggy which could be a deal breaker for me. Can anyone share their experiences? Any workaround?

Wifi Issues: youtube.com/watch?v=nzCZc3pjtrA

GPS Issues: youtube.com/watch?v=YeiOh09v54I

Really?

You can't spit in any direction on this forum without hitting a thread that talks about these issues...why do you need yet another thread? A solution to these, if they are deal breakers for you, is to not buy the Prime.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RussianMenace For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2011, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oxford

13 posts
More
Yep i guess your post signature leaves it clear... "Asus Transformer Prime (Waiting on a replacement) "
30th December 2011, 02:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Selden
Thanks Meter: 264

1,418 posts
More
Wifi seems to be fine GPS is wacky but will get fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to tylermaciaszek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2011, 04:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 253

682 posts
Yes wifi and gps have issues. Be careful about saying anything bad about the Prime in these forums.

A lot of town criers...
30th December 2011, 07:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 141

315 posts
Donate to Me
The WiFi is working fine, at least with mine anyways. GPS is still broken, but I have faith in ASUS that they'll come up with a fix.
30th December 2011, 07:43 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
You guys are killing me with this. I was hell bent on purchasing a Prime & Keyboard as soon as stock arrived. I checked all the reviews. I knew about it's pros & it's cons. I was sold. It was just a fluke that I wound up searching about the Prime's GPS accuracy and all of the BS ASUS has been covering up surfaced.

I'm not going to drop nearly $700 on a fancy toy if:

1. WiFi sucks. Especially on a portable device. That simply makes no sense.
2. GPS doesn't work. --I go to UC, so this bad boy needs to be LoJacked. I've seen too many laptops & tablets "walk off and disappear" during lecture.
3. Paying $700 for anything that doesn't have all of it's features intact is a non-starter.

ASUS makes great video cards & motherboards. But they need to get their sh*t together on this device if they plan to stay in tablet game.
30th December 2011, 07:57 AM   |  #8  

23 posts
Not gonna lie. I got my prime last week thru BB pre order and my GPS and wifi are working great! Not sure why other people $are having issues with this.
30th December 2011, 08:00 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 11

154 posts
Early models did have hardware issues. (especially with wifi)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1394611

This is one reason why you don't want to rush to get one.
30th December 2011, 08:02 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 253

682 posts
A lot of people will state that their wifi and gps is working just fine, but they dont really know any better...

Wifi works but its got a very slow upload and download speed. They may be thinking GPS works but not realize they are using wifi location.

But yes on every unit regardless of what others may say. Wifi does not work as good as it should and GPS doesn't work at all.

And if it is any indication...
TF101 shipped with screen bleed & loose casing defects, to this very day Asus has not bothered to fix the issue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread