5,598,086 Members 42,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OnLive Universal Controller fix! Compatible with any X360 game, GTA3, Shadowgun, etc.

Tip us?

Gary13579
Old
(Last edited by Gary13579; 31st December 2011 at 06:58 AM.)
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default OnLive Universal Controller fix! Compatible with any X360 game, GTA3, Shadowgun, etc.

Alright, I've posted this otherwhere on this forum, but now that I've finished it in a manner that's significantly safer to use, I want to make it into it's own thread so that it is easier for people to find it and for SEO reasons.

This method will allow you to play games like GTA 3, Shadowgun, et certa on your tablet with the controller. This works by default on some tablets, but for the two I've tested (Xoom and Eee Pad Transformer) it has issues. Specifically, the right analog stick doesn't work and you are stuck turning left (SEO: running in circles, triggers don't work, can't aim). This method requires a rooted tablet. Rooting most tablets is simple and safe, I strongly suggest doing it, it offers enormous benefits.

You need to open Terminal Emulator (download one from market if you don't have it). Then enter the following commands. Hit enter after every line and ensure that it completes with no errors.

su
cd /system/usr/keylayout/
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl Vendor_2378_Product_100a.kl
exit
exit

Reboot your tablet, and the OnLive controller should now work be fully compatible with any game that uses an Xbox 360 controller! If the file "Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl" isn't on your tablet, let me know and I will upload it for you.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gary13579 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

topxshelfxtre
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If you could post up the Vendor_045 that would be awesome it says no such directory found. Thanks!!!
Asus Transformer TF101------Rooted-----Revolution HD!!!!

Iphone 4S 64GB Black-------Stock

Rooted Motorola Bionic-----Bloatware Free

Rooted Thunderbolt-----Synergy Sense 3.0 Rom Overclocked at 1.2Ghz

~~~Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid~~~

Rob S.
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Thanks for the info Gary, going to try it out.

Off topic, Gary from dashhacks?

I was an admin over there for a few years, up until greg sold the site to Caputo Media.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob S. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gary13579
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by topxshelfxtre View Post
If you could post up the Vendor_045 that would be awesome it says no such directory found. Thanks!!!
https://gist.github.com/a7a52e892d5d8519b10c

Click "raw" and save the file. Transfer it over to the device and copy it to the directory (/system/usr/keylayout/). This version includes a few patches of mine to allow the media keys on the controller to work (the play, next, and previous buttons are mapped to whatever app wants to use them, allows for you to control music with them, etc).

What tablet do you have? I'm kinda shocked any tablet is missing the file
Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl, as it is necessary for the xbox 360 controller to function properly! You are the second person today to tell me that it doesn't exist for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
Thanks for the info Gary, going to try it out.

Off topic, Gary from dashhacks?

I was an admin over there for a few years, up until greg sold the site to Caputo Media.
The one and only . You weren't around before I left, were you? I only remember one other admin besides Greg. Sad to hear he sold the site! Can't exactly blame him, the PSP scene was basically dead and none of the other sites (360, ps3, etc) really peaked anywhere near what psp-hacks did.

Rob S.
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary13579 View Post

The one and only . You weren't around before I left, were you? I only remember one other admin besides Greg. Sad to hear he sold the site! Can't exactly blame him, the PSP scene was basically dead and none of the other sites (360, ps3, etc) really peaked anywhere near what psp-hacks did.

I joined the site in Jan 06. If i remember Alias420 and Xy were admins at the time.

I don't blame him for selling the site, but the new owners drove a lot of members away.

They simply dropped the ban hammer on anyone who voiced their opinions about the changes they were making in the forums.

i9apps
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Does it fix the GTA3 bug with the Xbox 360 controller? (running in circles)
Because its didn't work for me , is there another way to do it?
maybe to edit the file with root explorer?
Thank you

Gary13579
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9apps View Post
Does it fix the GTA3 bug with the Xbox 360 controller? (running in circles)
Because its didn't work for me , is there another way to do it?
maybe to edit the file with root explorer?
Thank you
Post the logcat of when you connect the controller to your tablet. It should be easy to fix you just need to find the vendor and product ids to make the right keylayout file.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

musada
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Alright, I've posted this otherwhere on this forum, but now that I've finished it in a manner that's significantly safer to use, I want to make it into it's own thread so that it is easier for people to find it and for SEO reasons.

This method will allow you to play games like GTA 3, Shadowgun, et certa on your tablet with the controller. This works by default on some tablets, but for the two I've tested (Xoom and Eee Pad Transformer) it has issues. Specifically, the right analog stick doesn't work and you are stuck turning left (SEO: running in circles, triggers don't work, can't aim). This method requires a rooted tablet. Rooting most tablets is simple and safe, I strongly suggest doing it, it offers enormous benefits.

You need to open Terminal Emulator (download one from market if you don't have it). Then enter the following commands. Hit enter after every line and ensure that it completes with no errors.

su
cd /system/usr/keylayout/
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl Vendor_2378_Product_100a.kl
exit
exit

Reboot your tablet, and the OnLive controller should now work be fully compatible with any game that uses an Xbox 360 controller! If the file "Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl" isn't on your tablet, let me know and I will upload it for you.

whenever i type in "cd/system/usr/keylayout" it says not found
but when go through root explorer i see the folder....what do i need to do

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Gary13579
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 60
:sigh: there is a space between cd and the rest of the command. It's "cd /system/usr/keylayout" not "cd/system/usr/keylayout".

musada
Old
(Last edited by musada; 6th January 2012 at 11:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
:sigh: there is a space between cd and the rest of the command. It's "cd /system/usr/keylayout" not "cd/system/usr/keylayout".

Oh....my bad..thanx
It didnt work for me . Still walks in circles after i press the left trigger. and the right analog stick only goes up and down
I'm trying to use a wired xbox 360 controller. That shouldnt matter right
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium