Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][CWM Flashable] Touchwiz Program Monitor Widget (deodexed)

OP promiseofcake

30th December 2011, 09:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 82

493 posts
More
I have created a flashable zip to install the Touchwiz Program Monitor Widget into any deodexed SGS2 Skyrocket ROMS (running Touchwiz) which are missing it such as boneSTOCKeteer.

Make sure you have /system/app/JobManager.apk installed, and are running Touchwiz prior to flashing the zip file.

This is my first go at deodexing and creating a CWM flashable zip, you can always extract the zip and push the .apk into /system/app via Root Explorer if you are nervous.

Hope you enjoy.

promiseofcake
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWProgramMonitorWidget-deodexed-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (256.1 KB, 483 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to promiseofcake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

281 posts
More
i'm pretty sure that this widget can only be used on the twlauncher. is there another widget that is similar?
3rd January 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco

493 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicks510

i'm pretty sure that this widget can only be used on the twlauncher. is there another widget that is similar?

You are correct, this is for people who are running touchwiz but do not have the widget as per it missing from boneSTOCKeteer.
27th February 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thanks for making this!

I'm new to all this. I found that I couldn't install the apk just by opening it, but the zip installs via clockwork mod. I don't really know why but has something to do with deodexing, right? Is there a tutorial for learning about deodexing and creating flashable zips?
3rd March 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco

493 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatoroid

Thanks for making this!

I'm new to all this. I found that I couldn't install the apk just by opening it, but the zip installs via clockwork mod. I don't really know why but has something to do with deodexing, right? Is there a tutorial for learning about deodexing and creating flashable zips?

System apps are not installed, they just need to be placed in /system/app with the correct permissions (644). You can use something like Root Explorer and you wouldn't have to flash. An odexed rom just means that for each APK there is a corresponding .odex file so: Phone.apk and Phone.odex for example. I think it would also work if I made a flash with ____.apk,_____.odex but well deodex is the trend for portability. A deodexed APK just has the .odex file basically placed inside of it.

I would start with ADB first and then once you are familiar with everything you can move on to flashing. Flashing is really only good if you want to share your changes, it's much easier to just push the file via ADB.

http://www.madteam.co/forum/tutorial...-an-odex-file/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jobmanager, sgs2, touchwiz, widget
Previous Thread Next Thread