Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Explanation of different governors

Tip us?

Diamantes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Question [Q] Explanation of different governors

Hi guys.
I would like to know the differences amongst various governors. I googled a bit and both on the net and XDA I found some explanations, but not all the governors I have are properly explained. Some of them are not explained at all.
Is there anybody able to help me?
I found some info here and here
The governors I have with FM1.5 not explained are:
  • lazy
  • lulzactive
  • lagfree
  • intellidemand
  • smartassv2
  • ondemandx

Ok, some of them like lagfree could be self-explanatory, but I would be grateful if somebody could be more clear...

Thanks as usual to all!!
SAMSUNG Galaxy Note GT-N7100

NOTE

HTC HD2: still alive!
ROM ► Pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 OS 7.10.8858.136 RMT v8.7
HSPL ► HSPL 2.08 by bepe & Cotulla 2010

Diamantes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
bump.
no one?

NOTE

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 566
Note to myself: answer this thread when you get home...
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

Diamantes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Not at home? :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

NOTE

parthpatels007
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamantes View Post
Not at home? :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
have you reached home yet? would be glad if you could answer

schaggo
Old
(Last edited by schaggo; 4th January 2012 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 566
I was in Prague for a week

Ok, so, to be honest using only Google I found this:
lazy (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1276092) - is ondemand but with an added option to stay longer on a certain frequency. This is due to the fact that some CPU's dont like too quick freq changes when sampling rate for decision making is set too low. See link for more.

lulzactive (http://tegrak2x.blogspot.com/2011/11...vernor-v2.html) - is basically interactive governor with added smartass bits and variable (as opposed to fixed amout) frequency scaling, based on currently occuring cpu loads. Has, like smartass, a sleep profile built-in. See link for details on exact scaling.

lagfree (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1272933) - seems to be ondemand but with a lessend tendency to ramp up to 100% but rather also use steps available in between 0-100%.

intellidemand (freely translated from http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-hac...-governor.html) - behaves like ondemand when the system is under heavy use, it behaves differently when the system is mostly ideling. That mode is colled "browsing mode" or "browser mode" or whatever. It seems to be some sort of "intelligent" demand sensing/analysing ondemand governor.

smartassV2 - this one should be known. It's the same as smartass(V1) but tweaked. Same code author. I heard one should use smartassV2 instead of smartass when available.

ondemandx - is ondemand with an added sleep profile built-in. I believe all ...X kernels are the default kernels but with an added sleep profile.

Just in case you wonder: I use Savagedzen, I somehow like it best. And I have to get up at 4:20am thats in 2:48h so you may excuse me if I go to bed.
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

parthpatels007
Old
Thanks Meter 16
thanks +1

tefloncoated
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hope you found the info you were looking for already, if not - take a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817