Post Reply

Skinomi & Dock, Tight Fit?

31st December 2011, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
HuskerWebhead's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 139
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
So I bought the Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin and it applied nicely. Today I got my dock in the mail and it's a pretty tight fit. I was wondering if it's a tight fit in general or is it just because I have the Skinomi Skin applied.

Anyone else have the Skinomi Skin and the dock?
31st December 2011, 04:56 AM   |  #2  
ryan562's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerWebhead

So I bought the Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin and it applied nicely. Today I got my dock in the mail and it's a pretty tight fit. I was wondering if it's a tight fit in general or is it just because I have the Skinomi Skin applied.

Anyone else have the Skinomi Skin and the dock?

When and where did u order the dock from? Can u post pics of the fitment? I just installed the carbon fiber skin on mines last night. I'm still waiting on my dock from Amazon.



Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ryan562; 31st December 2011 at 05:01 AM.
31st December 2011, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 155
 
1,645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562

When and where did u order the dock from? Can u post pics of the fitment? I just installed the carbon fiber skin on mines last night. I'm still waiting on my dock from Amazon.



Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

That looks sexy...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
31st December 2011, 12:47 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Galveston
Thanks Meter: 12
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerWebhead

So I bought the Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin and it applied nicely. Today I got my dock in the mail and it's a pretty tight fit. I was wondering if it's a tight fit in general or is it just because I have the Skinomi Skin applied.

Anyone else have the Skinomi Skin and the dock?

I do have the dock but I have not gotten that skin even though I've been thinking about it. Is it tight enough where it may mess up the skin?
31st December 2011, 03:02 PM   |  #5  
Gary_O's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562

I just installed the carbon fiber skin on mines last night.


That looks good! Is that the "regular" black Carbon Fiber skin, or the Silver Carbon Fiber skin?

I've had a black Skinomi carbon fiber skin on a Viewsonic gTablet, and it has held up quite well over 8 months, so I'm considering getting this for the slick Transformer Prime.
31st December 2011, 05:09 PM   |  #6  
ryan562's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_O

That looks good! Is that the "regular" black Carbon Fiber skin, or the Silver Carbon Fiber skin?

I've had a black Skinomi carbon fiber skin on a Viewsonic gTablet, and it has held up quite well over 8 months, so I'm considering getting this for the slick Transformer Prime.

i believe it is the regular black one. i didn't know they had a silver i would have jumped on that. i ordered mines from amazon as i used an amazon gift card to purchase the whole set which included the front clear protection.

i'm very surprised at how well it fits and feels. now i don't worry about it slipping out of my hands since it's rough and textured enough for gripping such a slim device that much easier to hold.

i am just worried about how it would fit with the keyboard dock per OP's concerns. amazon just emailed me and noted that my dock should get here by next wednesday. i would hate to take off such a nice guard if fitment doesn't hold up well with the dock.
31st December 2011, 09:20 PM   |  #7  
Gary_O's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562

i'm very surprised at how well it fits and feels. now i don't worry about it slipping out of my hands since it's rough and textured enough for gripping such a slim device that much easier to hold.

i am just worried about how it would fit with the keyboard dock per OP's concerns. amazon just emailed me and noted that my dock should get here by next wednesday. i would hate to take off such a nice guard if fitment doesn't hold up well with the dock.

Good to hear the carbon fiber skin helps with gripping the Prime.

After you get the dock, let us know how it fits and works with the dock. I notice there are thin strips of foam material on the inside of the dock hinge where the tablet is inserted, so hopefully inserting the dock will not scratch or catch on the carbon fiber skin.
31st December 2011, 11:39 PM   |  #8  
Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I installed the skinomi full body yesterday and also have the keyboard dock. The tablet fits into the dock fine; however, I there are marks left on the skin due to contact with the dock. Ultimately, the rub marks don't bother me----the skin is very smooth and nice to touch. Just waiting for skinomi to make a skin for the keyboard...
The Following User Says Thank You to soundneedle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2012, 01:41 AM   |  #9  
HuskerWebhead's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 139
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Turns out for me, the problem was with the Skinomi screen protector. I noticed there were marks on the screen protector where it looked like it was catching. I pulled off the screen protector and it seems to fit better now. Sorry, I already yanked it off so I don't have pictures.
The Following User Says Thank You to HuskerWebhead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Dallas
Thanks Meter: 27
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
i have the clear skin and the dock and have not had any issues with it. it was a tight fit with or without the skin. I have had it in and out a couple times and have not had any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to aawshads For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes