Skinomi & Dock, Tight Fit?

Tip us?

HuskerWebhead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
Default Skinomi & Dock, Tight Fit?

So I bought the Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin and it applied nicely. Today I got my dock in the mail and it's a pretty tight fit. I was wondering if it's a tight fit in general or is it just because I have the Skinomi Skin applied.

Anyone else have the Skinomi Skin and the dock?
Equal Opportunity Hater

HTC Droid Incredible - Rooted - Running In-Sensitive Minimalist
ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 - Rooted, Unlocked, Running CleanROM 2.0
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted - Running AOKP JB

ryan562
Old
(Last edited by ryan562; 31st December 2011 at 05:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerWebhead View Post
So I bought the Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin and it applied nicely. Today I got my dock in the mail and it's a pretty tight fit. I was wondering if it's a tight fit in general or is it just because I have the Skinomi Skin applied.

When and where did u order the dock from? Can u post pics of the fitment? I just installed the carbon fiber skin on mines last night. I'm still waiting on my dock from Amazon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note n7000
ClockworkMod-Based Recovery
Criskelo's ICS Touchwiz Rom v3
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
LPY Kernel

Apple iPad (3rd Gen)

Asus Transformer Prime Tablet
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4
Virtuous Prime Rom S Series 9.4.2.15 v1

http://www.youtube.com/boloe562

Haro912
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562 View Post
When and where did u order the dock from? Can u post pics of the fitment? I just installed the carbon fiber skin on mines last night. I'm still waiting on my dock from Amazon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
That looks sexy...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Transformer Prime
------------------
Asus Transformer Prime
ROM: AOKP by Jermaine151
Kernel: Motley by _Motley
------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3:
ROM: Android Open Kang Project By Xoomdev
Kernel: KT747 By Ktoonsez

thetruth1983
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerWebhead View Post

I do have the dock but I have not gotten that skin even though I've been thinking about it. Is it tight enough where it may mess up the skin?

Gary_O
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
I just installed the carbon fiber skin on mines last night.

That looks good! Is that the "regular" black Carbon Fiber skin, or the Silver Carbon Fiber skin?

I've had a black Skinomi carbon fiber skin on a Viewsonic gTablet, and it has held up quite well over 8 months, so I'm considering getting this for the slick Transformer Prime.

ryan562
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_O View Post
That looks good! Is that the "regular" black Carbon Fiber skin, or the Silver Carbon Fiber skin?

I've had a black Skinomi carbon fiber skin on a Viewsonic gTablet, and it has held up quite well over 8 months, so I'm considering getting this for the slick Transformer Prime.
i believe it is the regular black one. i didn't know they had a silver i would have jumped on that. i ordered mines from amazon as i used an amazon gift card to purchase the whole set which included the front clear protection.

i'm very surprised at how well it fits and feels. now i don't worry about it slipping out of my hands since it's rough and textured enough for gripping such a slim device that much easier to hold.

i am just worried about how it would fit with the keyboard dock per OP's concerns. amazon just emailed me and noted that my dock should get here by next wednesday. i would hate to take off such a nice guard if fitment doesn't hold up well with the dock.
Samsung Galaxy Note n7000
ClockworkMod-Based Recovery
Criskelo's ICS Touchwiz Rom v3
LPY Kernel

Apple iPad (3rd Gen)

Asus Transformer Prime Tablet
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4
Virtuous Prime Rom S Series 9.4.2.15 v1

http://www.youtube.com/boloe562

Gary_O
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
i'm very surprised at how well it fits and feels. now i don't worry about it slipping out of my hands since it's rough and textured enough for gripping such a slim device that much easier to hold.

i am just worried about how it would fit with the keyboard dock per OP's concerns. amazon just emailed me and noted that my dock should get here by next wednesday. i would hate to take off such a nice guard if fitment doesn't hold up well with the dock.
Good to hear the carbon fiber skin helps with gripping the Prime.

After you get the dock, let us know how it fits and works with the dock. I notice there are thin strips of foam material on the inside of the dock hinge where the tablet is inserted, so hopefully inserting the dock will not scratch or catch on the carbon fiber skin.

soundneedle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I installed the skinomi full body yesterday and also have the keyboard dock. The tablet fits into the dock fine; however, I there are marks left on the skin due to contact with the dock. Ultimately, the rub marks don't bother me----the skin is very smooth and nice to touch. Just waiting for skinomi to make a skin for the keyboard...
The Following User Says Thank You to soundneedle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HuskerWebhead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
Turns out for me, the problem was with the Skinomi screen protector. I noticed there were marks on the screen protector where it looked like it was catching. I pulled off the screen protector and it seems to fit better now. Sorry, I already yanked it off so I don't have pictures.
Equal Opportunity Hater

HTC Droid Incredible - Rooted - Running In-Sensitive Minimalist
ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 - Rooted, Unlocked, Running CleanROM 2.0
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted - Running AOKP JB
The Following User Says Thank You to HuskerWebhead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aawshads
Old
Thanks Meter 26
i have the clear skin and the dock and have not had any issues with it. it was a tight fit with or without the skin. I have had it in and out a couple times and have not had any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to aawshads For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]