Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] DHD Bricked? Help?! Vibrates 3 Times and led flashes

OP Omairss

31st December 2011, 04:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Greetings,

About 2 months back i decide to root my phone, so i do, and i go Flash MIUI.

It's worked perfectly fine for 2 months now, with an exception of phone attemting to play with 2 music players and hanging and ultimately rebooting when volume controls were operated on the headset.

A minor glitch? Possibly, i didn't mind.

Yesterday though, while playing through bluetooth on my cars stereo, the hanging-rebooting kept happening quite often, ie. everytime i disconnected it to get out.

Still, didn't sense anything majorly wrong there, so moving on.

Yesterday night i kept my phone for charge, overnight,. In the morning the alarm rings, device vibrates, i put snooze it, and go back to sleep.

When i wake up in an hours tome, my phone wont boot.
It vibrates 3 times and led blinks in red.

My warranty got over [B]yesterday[B] though it was anyway void, since i put a custom ROM on it.

I did, search the threads but whoever bothered to reply, had their warranty on and were on stock ROM.

If there's anything i could do, please do help me out

Also, my computer wont detect my phone (Says USB device may have malfunctioned), is there anyway to revert to stock ROM with S-OFF so htc would fix it?

My phone was o/c'd to 1.2 GHz while i was on lordm0d's 8.6 Kernel. Any chances the o/c burn the processor or anything?
1st January 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Hi Omairss,

can you enter bootloader ? (pressing vol down when powering up)
1st January 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #3  
Gizmoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 827
 
2,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
The red light means there is a power issue. Do you have access to another battery to try?
1st January 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudel211

Hi Omairss,

can you enter bootloader ? (pressing vol down when powering up)

No, i can't enter the bootloader or recovery. If I try though, the phone vibrates 5 times and puts out a steady green light.
If i connect it to my laptop, it shows up as 'Unknown Device".
1st January 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoe

The red light means there is a power issue. Do you have access to another battery to try?

Okay, i'll try that and let you know.

I went to htc's service center and they told me the phones been water damaged and that the whole motherboard needs replacement which would cost about 188$.

I haven't dropped the phone in water or let it anywhere near water as far as i know, and the void stickers are all black & white, except one in the motherboard, whose edges are slightly red.

1st January 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Hi Omairss, i wish you a happy new year !!

Water damage can also happen because of sweat when carrying the phone near the body...

Perhaps worth trying before a 188$ repair:

Remove battery and cover, SD-card and cover and put the phone in a plastic bag together with lots of rice. Place the bag in a warm place for 3-4 days. The rice will bind the water.
Then try again also with another battery, Li-Ion batteries dont like water...

Let us know if it helped.

-Pudel
The Following User Says Thank You to pudel211 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #7  
JSLEnterprises's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 1,342
 
1,330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
the unknown device, is it something to do with 'qload'. if so, its bricked, only fix is a mainboard swap out, or a jtag based flash and re-partitioning of the eMMC.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSLEnterprises For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudel211

Hi Omairss, i wish you a happy new year !!

Water damage can also happen because of sweat when carrying the phone near the body...

Perhaps worth trying before a 188$ repair:

Remove battery and cover, SD-card and cover and put the phone in a plastic bag together with lots of rice. Place the bag in a warm place for 3-4 days. The rice will bind the water.
Then try again also with another battery, Li-Ion batteries dont like water...

Let us know if it helped.

-Pudel

Cool, i'll try that and let you know.
And happy new year to you too
2nd January 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLEnterprises

the unknown device, is it something to do with 'qload'. if so, its bricked, only fix is a mainboard swap out, or a jtag based flash and re-partitioning of the eMMC.

What's qload?
Well, the htc guys told me the same thing - a motherboard swap.

I don't know what a 'jtag based flash or re partitioning of emmc is, but it has got to be cheaper than a 188$ replacement? Anyway i can do it?

Also, what do you think would have caused it? Could overclocking have anything to do with it? I mean it could save other phone's heading towards a hardware failure, if it does, right?
3rd January 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #10  
JSLEnterprises's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 1,342
 
1,330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omairss

What's qload?
Well, the htc guys told me the same thing - a motherboard swap.

I don't know what a 'jtag based flash or re partitioning of emmc is, but it has got to be cheaper than a 188$ replacement? Anyway i can do it?

Also, what do you think would have caused it? Could overclocking have anything to do with it? I mean it could save other phone's heading towards a hardware failure, if it does, right?

Well, Depends on how high you oc'd could have possibly caused a controller failure or something, but we dont know.

Usually its a failure of some sort with the emmc. In my case, the partition table was corrupted (either by cwm recovery, or some other random bug) My experience, and then found the driver, but were not able to go any further using qpst tools.

Google 'RIFF Box', thats the jtag based restoration I mentioned. There are a user or two on xda that offers riff box jtag services, I just cant remember which... and thats only if something corrupted the partition. But if its a hardware failure, then you'll have to get the mainboard replaced.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes