[Q]Galaxy R shuts down immediately after I turn it on
I am new here but I've been lurking for a while even before there was a dedicated area for the SGR. This might be a long read since I put in a lot of details. Now, straight to my point.
My fone is new. Not even a month from purchase. Never rooted since I'm afraid I might brick it since I'm not well inclined with technology.
It was ok when I got it but the problem started to occur a few days ago.
When I turn on the fone, it goes past the samsung animation part then, the screen goes all black,even if i press any button, I assume it's turned off.
What I tried:
1. Tried lodging a small piece of paper in the battery area because I thought it was a terminal problem. (did not fix it)
2. Cleaned gold plated contacts of the battery and it's phone counterpart. (did not fix it)
3. Factory Reset the thing by pressing vol up+mid button when turning on. Deleted ALL of my things in the fone but the problem is still there.
So, when the fone "dies" on me, even if I don't take out the battery, it will turn on but it will prolly turn off again as soon as 10 secs after the samsung animation part. When I take out the battery, sometimes it will operate normally but, it will turn off again randomly. The past few days have been very tasking for me. I think I'm going crazy....
What I've done to the fone since getting it:
1. install a custom skin from Market
2. install some social media apps and messenger apps
3. installed a passcode thing to make things private
4. installed games via ASTRO. (download apk from net + put in SD card via USB + install via ASTRO)
5. installed kies into my laptop and connected the fone. Also via Kies Air
6. Restored the fone to factory settings by pressing vol up+middle button when turning fone on.
Just a few minutes ago, when the fone was starting up, I saw a WHITE TRIANGLE with a (!) in the middle on the upper left area of the screen but it was gone in a few secs.
My fone data:
model num gt-i9103
android ver 2.3.5
baseband ver i9103xxki2
kernel ver 126.96.36.199-i9103jpki3-cl577705root@dell85#3
build num gibgerbread.jpki3
1.I live in the Philippines and the fone was purchased in Qatar. I can send it back but maybe as a LAST RESORT, shipping costs would be quite expensive....
2. SGR is not released here in my home country so I doubt if I can get proper support. Even screenguards are not available here for this model.
Again, I apologize for the VERY LONG read but I tried me best to put in every detail I can to help solve my problem. I look forward to seeing your replies. Please feel free to ask me further details to help you help me. Happy New Year.