[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

OP arrrghhh

30th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #651  
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

I started on a new data.img...

Just for sanity sake, try renaming your data.img to data.bak and boot. See if wifi is OK...

I just booted again, and granted I only have a few apps installed - wifi worked flawlessly...

Once I turn on wifi, android reboots in loops, going to try the wifi fix, thanks arrrghhh
30th April 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #652  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,566

11,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners59

I think you may have a point stickdaddy96
I have noticed that when my babe is playing up and falling back in to the XDANDROID animation and just can't get network, that I am also not getting the "x app has just been granted super user privileges" messages. Maybe there is just too much going on. So maybe you have something there?

Anyone any ideas on my CoPilot causing freezing of the device after c 30 minutes. Only way is to restart by pulling the battery out.

I'm still on the build from the original first thread.

On the build from the original first thread...? So that means you're not on GBX0C, you're on 0B...? I'm confused.

You should definitely upgrade, as there's a lot of GPS related fixes in the newest build. GPS used to freeze up on me after extended usage, but now it's fine. Might want to try other apps too, like Google Nav - just to rule out that CoPilot app you're using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eik

I installed GBX0C. Initially it all looked fine, but after some time it seems the display is dark; almost impossible to read at daytime. Changing the display settings (auto brightness, using the brightness slider) does not seem to change anything. Nor does using the mentioned widget.

Any ideas if I am overlooking something?

I uploaded logs in http://pastebin.com/4G4XKcnV

You also appear to be on a slightly older build, but I don't think that's critical - this issue is usually kernel related. Does it happen on .27? 3.3.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyguy

Once I turn on wifi, android reboots in loops, going to try the wifi fix, thanks arrrghhh

Yea, it seems if you start straight away on the newest 3.3.3 kernel, wifi will not work properly...

I was always starting on .27, so it never failed for me .
Last edited by arrrghhh; 30th April 2012 at 02:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #653  

36 posts
Quote:

I was always starting on .27, so it never failed for me .

I'm actually only been using .27, which is bundled in GBX0C right? How do I get on kernel 3.3.3? You just need to replace the zImage and modules files right? Was never able to get the other kernels to work. It would always get stuck before you can get to the xandroid boot up screen.
Last edited by frostyguy; 30th April 2012 at 03:22 AM.
30th April 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #654  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,566

11,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm actually only been using .27, which is bundled in GBX0C right? How do I get on kernel 3.3.3? You just need to replace the zImage and modules files right? Was never able to get the other kernels to work. It would always get stuck before you can get to the xandroid boot up screen.

Are you using everything from the first post? You're not reusing anything from another build/bundle? (Except for maybe ts-calibration...)

Also, silly question - but you're using a RHOD yes? Which one?

Did you have to do the wifi-nvram trick before? That's a necessary a step for some regardless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 04:30 AM   |  #655  
Thanks Meter: 11

50 posts
Quote:

I have the same problem trying the other kernels. I've got a system which is running well with .27. To try a new kernel I copy (and overright the zImage file in the \andbootgbx0c directory, then try to start HaRET.exe. No go, it hangs after about a screenfull of text boot strings (never gets to the startup animation). I've tried this on 3.3, 3.2, and 3.1. I must be doing something wrong. Sprint TP2 in case it matters...
30th April 2012, 04:37 AM   |  #656  

36 posts
Yeah, I'm using everything from the GBX0C bundle, plus got all the .csv files too. I'm on RHOD400. .27 works perfectly but all the other kernels just get stuck before the boot up screen
30th April 2012, 09:57 AM   |  #657  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 10

218 posts
More
Quote:

On the build from the original first thread...? So that means you're not on GBX0C, you're on 0B...? I'm confused.

You should definitely upgrade, as there's a lot of GPS related fixes in the newest build. GPS used to freeze up on me after extended usage, but now it's fine. Might want to try other apps too, like Google Nav - just to rule out that CoPilot app you're using.

Yes, plan too. Just have not had the time since it came out. Good to know about the GPS stuff. I do also have the various Google nav apps, and it does not happen on any of those, so it may well be CoPilot related. See if the new build fixes it.

I have had a suspicion for some time now that SOMETIMES the phone does not ring when I get a caller. Today I was able to confirm this, with missed calls when I was standing next to it. It is not always, but intermittent. I'll keep an eye and try a log if I am in a position to. Wonder if anyone else has had this issue?
30th April 2012, 10:43 AM   |  #658  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
More
I've been running this build now for about half a day.
Wifi: No problems
Calling: On Froyo I sometimes had the problem I couldn't hear the other person. So far this hasn't occured on GBX0C.
Camera: I can confirm the rhod100 camera patch isn't included in the bundled .27 kernel
Sleep&Wake: No problems spotted, device always wakes fast
Overall smoothness: Sometimes it runs faster than Froyo, but most of the times it's just as laggy as froyo was...

Perhaps things like speed are fixed in newer kernels?
30th April 2012, 02:01 PM   |  #659  
Thanks Meter: 332

300 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijnjits

I've been running this build now for about half a day.
Camera: I can confirm the rhod100 camera patch isn't included in the bundled .27 kernel
Perhaps things like speed are fixed in newer kernels?

You should try 3.3 and see if camera at least is working for you. Some time ago I added some version of brinka's camera patch, never got any feedback if it made a difference for RHOD1xx folks.
The Following User Says Thank You to detule For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #660  
Flag Fontana, CA
Thanks Meter: 23

208 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah, I'm using everything from the GBX0C bundle, plus got all the .csv files too. I'm on RHOD400. .27 works perfectly but all the other kernels just get stuck before the boot up screen

I also had this problem with a rhod 300. It would stop with a kernel exit in the text. I reinstalled everything including a new data.img and let it all settle in. I set up an account in gmail, WiFi and a couple minor things like screen brightness. Then I rebooted to the same setup and let it settle in again. After another reboot, I changed the kernel to 3.3.3 and it booted and worked fine. It might need the reboots to establish a solid file system in .27 first.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread