Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CUBE U9GT2 Android 4.0.3 Mods

Tip us?

christis
Old
(Last edited by christis; 10th March 2012 at 02:24 PM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 2
Hi Wackym. Congrats and thank you very much for all your efforts. You have given a new life to our tablets.
I am using your roms on an Easypad 970, and I am wondering what can I do with it's little brother (Easypad 1370). They are the same in most aspects - same CPU, same batteries, same RAM, less flash memory, 1 camera only, but most importanly the screen is resistive unfortunately and this is the big problem, even though the resolution is the same.
I tried your ROM and although everything was working and showing fine, unfortunately the touch screen was unusable (perhaps as expected).

I wonder is there a way to modify your rom for a resistive screen, since the manufacturer hasn't released any ICS yet, and I cannot find a similar Chinese OEM to get the ICS from?
Or perhaps does anyone know to which Chinese OEM tablet does this compare to, so I can search for their ICS version?

Thanks
Eten300->Eten400->Mpx200->Mpx220->G-smart->AsusP526->HP614c->HTC Diamond->HTC Diamond2->HTC Desire->Xperia SP/Xperia Sola/new iPad (simultaneously)

areankim
Old
(Last edited by areankim; 10th March 2012 at 11:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
i successfully flash this firmware, but upon reaching the setup page... i have no touch response... the tablet doesn't register any touch response

help~

##2
Flased twice.. clicked restore...
everything show succesfull, able to boot. until the select language, i cant touch on start....
1 thing i notice is that, the lower bar of ICS is gone.. the bar where u can press back, home, recent etc... it's not there...

but it appear when i long press power button...

Firmware before flash is.
v1.07_eng 4.0.3 IML74k eng.wbx.20120223.092809 test keys

##3
Redownload from other links. Same thing. No bar... no touch response... omg.

##4
I think this rom is not suitable for backward? Cos probably my firmware is newer? I use v1.08 bokorez and it alright now.

##5
add into permission folder the gps file, and facebook appears....
The Following User Says Thank You to areankim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

u669983
Old
(Last edited by u669983; 10th March 2012 at 02:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
@areankim

Can you please elaborate on poiny no 5. What exactly do you mean by adding gps file ? Where do you get this file?

tks

update

I read a page back and understood what you mean. will try it. tks

Update 2.

Wow..it works. Market sorted out for me. My tablet is close to perfect now. Am so happy. tks guys

dannypk81
Old
(Last edited by dannypk81; 10th March 2012 at 03:14 PM.) Reason: changed etc/permissions/tablet to handheld, and added last line
Thanks Meter 2
For those looking to increase market apps do a google serch for "ICS and getting those missing market apps". There is an xda thread that refrences the kindel fire. You can follow the same premis of adding the feature names to the u9gt2. I used es file explorer to edit etc/permissions/handheld_core_hardware.xml . Even though the cube does not have all of these features just by adding them, many more apps showed up in my market and I have had no problem with running any of them yet. I also edited my build.prop to reflect that of a Xoom's. Hope this helps.

sisko7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Damn! I can't edit etc/permissions/handheld_core_hardware.xml with ES file explorer. It says: "Error occurred when trying to save the file".

Could it be because U9GT2 is not rooted?

I use the mod from Troilele: Visture V2 4.0.3 20120208, pre-rooted by Troelie (he says it's pre-rooted) how do I check whether my device is ROOTed or not?

dannypk81
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sislo7 to be able to change these files you have to mount the directory as read/write. In order to do this after you open file explorer go to settings. Look for Root Explorer and make sure that it is selected then make sure that you also have Mount File System selected, it will ask for super user to approve. after you should be able to make the changes and save them. Hope this helps you. You must also do this to be able to edit and save your build.prop file.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannypk81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wackym
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by christis View Post
Hi Wackym. Congrats and thank you very much for all your efforts. You have given a new life to our tablets.
I am using your roms on an Easypad 970, and I am wondering what can I do with it's little brother (Easypad 1370). They are the same in most aspects - same CPU, same batteries, same RAM, less flash memory, 1 camera only, but most importanly the screen is resistive unfortunately and this is the big problem, even though the resolution is the same.
I tried your ROM and although everything was working and showing fine, unfortunately the touch screen was unusable (perhaps as expected).

I wonder is there a way to modify your rom for a resistive screen, since the manufacturer hasn't released any ICS yet, and I cannot find a similar Chinese OEM to get the ICS from?
Or perhaps does anyone know to which Chinese OEM tablet does this compare to, so I can search for their ICS version?

Thanks
Thank you!

The problem lies in kernel. It's set up for capacitive screen. I'm still looking for a fresh kernel source from RockChip... So, for now, I can help you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wackym For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wackym
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
I released a new mod with 1.08 base.

Further info and download link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wackym For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wackym
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex_bcn View Post
Hello wackym.
Thanks for your help.

I could reflash the tablet with the original 1.08 but I get the same result...black screen.

I can hear some noise when I push the "menu" botton, but the screen still completely black....

Any other sugestion? Should I try to open it and check any connector?
Hmm...then it's definitely a hardware problem. If you're a skilled cell phone or tablet repairman or you know one then you could try to fix it...but bear in mind that will void your warranty... So best bet would be to send it back and request a new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to wackym For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

satfly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackym View Post
I released a new mod with 1.08 base.
Thanks Wackym! If I hadn't just reverted back to Android 2.3 (cube v1. 05) I would install it immediately. Hmm, actually I'm tempted to install it anyway. ;)