FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

Lumia 800 Touchscreen Bug?

Thanks Meter: 108

By rockvoid, Senior Member on 31st December 2011, 03:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

1st January 2012, 07:13 AM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
The one I received yesterday doesn't have this issue.
1st January 2012, 12:38 PM |#3  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Mine does but only with the charger plugged in. Try plugging in your charger and open up a webpage, try holding down on some text until the cursor pops up and see if it shakes about.
1st January 2012, 02:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I did notice this a few days ago. But it stoped behaving this way a few days ago and now everything works fine.
1st January 2012, 11:43 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1,798

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickfarr

Mine does but only with the charger plugged in. Try plugging in your charger and open up a webpage, try holding down on some text until the cursor pops up and see if it shakes about.

Yep, just checked mine plugged in and it does it. Seems a lot of phones get digitizer issues when plugged in, you'd think they'd have isolated the cause by now.
2nd January 2012, 11:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty!

Yep, just checked mine plugged in and it does it. Seems a lot of phones get digitizer issues when plugged in, you'd think they'd have isolated the cause by now.

I don't seem to be able to do it. As soon as I leave my finger for 2-3 seconds it enter tile relocation mode.
2nd January 2012, 10:25 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1,798

More
Scroll first
6th March 2012, 09:22 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,084

Donate to Me
More
The new 12070 update is available here. It is confirmed unbranded. You can update any Lumia 800. It improves battery, fixes hardware keys and also fixes the touchscreen-issue described in this thread.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

EDIT: OOPS!! Spoke too soon! Touchscreen issue is back!
Last edited by Heathcliff74; 6th March 2012 at 10:05 PM.
7th March 2012, 09:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
It's a grounding issue. How bad it is can depend on the humidity in the room and if the phone is plugged in our not.

It affects all capacitive screens to a degree, just some companies are better at masking the effect. It depends on how good your touchscreen controller is, and nokia's isn't the best.
7th March 2012, 06:18 PM |#10  
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 106

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, mine does this often. Every touchsceen phone I've owned does it to some extent, though the lumia seems to do it more frequently/worse.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread