Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Compile from CM7 Source (Kanged) Ubuntu 11.10 - 12/31/2011

Tip us?

tennandcoz1
Old
Thanks Meter 112
I dont think they were trying to hate.Just think they feel some people would try this and brick.just looking out.But in saying that it was strong and could have been handled better.Everyone please lets turn this **** around.We have a great phone,lets show the world.peace

From a glaxay better than yours.

Royalknight6190
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid View Post
what you dont know is he didnt compile that cm7 build. its slayhers build.
Correct some of it is Slayhers build but not all of it. I used some of his files to make it boot and work. But that is what open source is all about helping each other out. Sharing is Caring.....Guess what Everybody has stolen, here I will use the dumbest word in Android dictionary Kanged code from Google, HTC, Samsung,..etc and you dont see people giving them credit nor sending them letters asking for permission. Its the same thing. People get to damn up tight about the entire thing of you took that from me, Developers should be flattered that somebody has used there work, but instead people get to cocky and big headed about the entire thing that they turn into big D-Bags. Android started out being fun for everyone and now its just stupid. Hence why we have lost so many good Devs because they are trying to do something they think is fun and they love and others just beat them down its freaking stupid. People need to grow up.

pyraxiate
Old
Thanks Meter 642
Quote:
what you dont know is he didnt compile that cm7 build. its slayhers build.
Not the build , just proprietary files according to the OP. I'm new to the entire idea of building android but am eager to learn. If you look at my post history in XDA I generally help others ..... not bash them. Long time member here ........ things aren't like they used to be around here. I understand why certain Devs have left in lui of other places ( actual kernel devs too mind you..... not repackagers)

Lets be productive and help fix this thread before it gets too off topic. If you know and personally compile by source , tell the man how / what to fix .... not be an a$$ about it. A thread like this could be invaluable for others to learn from.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Devices - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Asus Transformer Tab TF300T
Roms - JediMaster 13 + Jedi X 13 - - - - - - - | CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.6 W / Untermench's 10.4.4.20 Kernel
Home Internet Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> Work Internet Speed

If I have helped and you would like to donate, Click Here

mikeyinid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknight6190 View Post
Correct some of it is Slayhers build but not all of it. I used some of his files to make it boot and work. But that is what open source is all about helping each other out. Sharing is Caring.....Guess what Everybody has stolen, here I will use the dumbest word in Android dictionary Kanged code from Google, HTC, Samsung,..etc and you dont see people giving them credit nor sending them letters asking for permission. Its the same thing. People get to damn up tight about the entire thing of you took that from me, Developers should be flattered that somebody has used there work, but instead people get to cocky and big headed about the entire thing that they turn into big D-Bags. Android started out being fun for everyone and now its just stupid. Hence why we have lost so many good Devs because they are trying to do something they think is fun and they love and others just beat them down its freaking stupid. People need to grow up.
just like in all the pm's youve sent me, your making it something its not. we just wanted to make sure people understood that this tutorial is not for this phone and not to try it.
Follow me on Twitter @mikeyinid

Royalknight6190
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,095
Quote:
just like in all the pm's youve sent me, your making it something its not. we just wanted to make sure people understood that this tutorial is not for this phone and not to try it.
Like I said in the PM's people can use this for this phone it will give them a good start on something. Are they going to have to find other work arounds to get it to work yes. But its a good start. Also if people like me have other phones then they can use it to start working on those phones. They just need to change the manufacture name and the device name.

mikeyinid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknight6190 View Post
Like I said in the PM's people can use this for this phone it will give them a good start on something. Are they going to have to find other work arounds to get it to work yes. But its a good start. Also if people like me have other phones then they can use it to start working on those phones. They just need to change the manufacture name and the device name.
dude, why is it not sinking in to your head? this does absolutely NOTHING to help anyone compile cm7 for our device.
Follow me on Twitter @mikeyinid

Romanbb
Old
(Last edited by Romanbb; 31st December 2011 at 10:22 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,028

DONATE TO ME
The point is, you cannot build CM7 for the SGH-T989 through source.

Call me a douchebag all you like, it still doesn't change the facts.

Your intentions are good, but this guide is misleading. Sharing IS caring, but sources are closed for msm8660 devices and someone following this guide would potentially flash Exynos builds to their phone.

Edit: Also calling me a douchebag is very warranted. My post was a little more hostile than intended
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Romanbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faux123
Old
Thanks Meter 34,142

DONATE TO ME
Unless TeamDouche open source their CM7/9 repos for this device, you can't have a complete build using this guide.

The guide itself is nice and lowers the entry barriers for many noob developers and enthusiasts but again, you CANNOT build a working CM7 for this particular device.
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pyraxiate
Old
(Last edited by pyraxiate; 31st December 2011 at 10:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 642
I'm hoping post 2 gets completed personally as I've been setting up my aosp build server. :) I am a "noob" developer to android and have already found the first post helpful as far as packages are concerned. Hopefully between this and filling gaps w/ other developers I can make a built from scratch rom myself rather than a "Tmobile" based rom like the others

Devices - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Asus Transformer Tab TF300T
Roms - JediMaster 13 + Jedi X 13 - - - - - - - | CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.6 W / Untermench's 10.4.4.20 Kernel
Home Internet Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> Work Internet Speed

If I have helped and you would like to donate, Click Here

Romanbb
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,028

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyraxiate View Post
I'm hoping post 2 gets completed personally as I've been setting up my aosp build server. :) I am a "noob" developed to android and have already found the first post helpful as far as packages are concerned. Hopefully between this and filling g also w/ other developers I can make a built from scratch rom myself rather than a "Tmobile" based rom like the others

The best resources:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romanbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]