Post Reply

[GT-P6210][KERNEL][UV/OC]garyd9's GT-P6210 kernel (updated 2012-01-23)

OP garyd9

18th April 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #211  
Ceelos09's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 284
 
1,005 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Voodoo Louder is a paid app though...

I'm assuming that if Supercurio gives the ok, he will give us a free "slimmed down" version of it. Kind of how he did with Voodoo Control.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by Ceelos09; 18th April 2012 at 08:02 AM.
18th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #212  
Junior Member
Flag Taranto
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
@garyd9
i have a request...
could you make an UV kernel for p6200?
thanks
18th April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #213  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,989
 
1,968 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jancilo

@garyd9
i have a request...
could you make an UV kernel for p6200?

Do you really expect me to take the time to respond when you didn't even take the time to read the first 3 posts in this thread? I really wish XDA would issue infractions for stuff like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #214  
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,018
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Hey Gary,

Thanks for your work. I've included some of your changes in our cm9 kernel (hope you don't mind, I gave you proper credit). FYI, samsung released an update1 for the p6210, and 3 of your changes made there way into their kernel (verbatim, other than a typo in one your comments).
19th April 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #215  
Junior Member
Flag Taranto
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

Do you really expect me to take the time to respond when you didn't even take the time to read the first 3 posts in this thread? I really wish XDA would issue infractions for stuff like this.

19th April 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #216  
edan1979's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 827
 
2,202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jancilo

Q: Can you make a kernel for the GT-P6200, GT-P6200L, or SGH-T869?
A: I probably could if I had the hardware to test with. Without a sample of hardware, I can't even begin to guess if what I've done already will work, or what it might take to make it work. If you really want me to do one of those devices, please feel free to send me one. (Making a recovery kernel is quite a bit easier as it doesn't have to work with the ethernet, sound, modem or any other drivers.)
19th April 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #217  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,989
 
1,968 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra

Thanks for your work. I've included some of your changes in our cm9 kernel (hope you don't mind, I gave you proper credit). FYI, samsung released an update1 for the p6210, and 3 of your changes made there way into their kernel (verbatim, other than a typo in one your comments).

Unlike samsung, I'm happy to share my work with others. Actually, I'm flattered that others would use my efforts. Many of my changes are derived from others (who I've tried to give credit to.) That's what makes this a great platform: OPEN SOURCE.

I wonder if it would be compatible with the GPL if I added a condition to my changes: May not be used in closed-source platforms.

Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #218  
nrage23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 339
 
1,016 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

If he's willing to tell me what needs to be done in the kernel, I'd be happy to compile it it.

Gary

He has a link on his XDA post to his github for kernel patches. I believe this will have what you need.
https://github.com/project-voodoo/sound_kernel_patches
If not I'll try to PM him to maybe contact you.

Here is the link to his thread with all of his links and info aswell.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806195
Last edited by nrage23; 19th April 2012 at 04:37 PM.
20th April 2012, 08:49 AM   |  #219  
Junior Member
Flag Taranto
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan1979

Q: Can you make a kernel for the GT-P6200, GT-P6200L, or SGH-T869?
A: I probably could if I had the hardware to test with. Without a sample of hardware, I can't even begin to guess if what I've done already will work, or what it might take to make it work. If you really want me to do one of those devices, please feel free to send me one. (Making a recovery kernel is quite a bit easier as it doesn't have to work with the ethernet, sound, modem or any other drivers.)

thanks a lot
can you explain me how can i do this?
or if you have a guide...
Sorry for my english
22nd April 2012, 05:42 AM   |  #220  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,989
 
1,968 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

Here is the link to his thread with all of his links and info aswell.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806195

It won't ever be supported. The 7+ uses a much cheaper sound chip (yamaha) that he's not interested in supporting.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes