OP web_ninja

1st January 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Smith
Thanks Meter: 48

207 posts
More
http://www.pandawill.com/lyf1-tablet...te-p53785.html

I bought 4 of these Tablets for my kiddoes for Christmas, and i must say these are really good..... the interface is laggy but if you replace the Launcher it helps... i have rooted it with SuperOneClick and it is sticking! now need to put CWM recovery and some custom roms and this thing will rock! i will post the recovery image here in a few..... warning it is in Chinese so good luck because i havnt tried it yet!...

here is the recovery files.. it works because i just tried it...
i offer no tech support and i am not responsible it you brick your Tablet, your wife or girlfriend leaves you or the world ends.... but i will help as much as i can...

http://www.multiupload.com/HX9LST2J7A

Nice!! with the help of messinatyler we can now have ICS before it is released.using the MOMO9 ICS firmware and a work around for the capacitive buttons not working this is really rocking.. since most of the new releases of ICS from China are rooted at the factory just install the super user app from market and all is good.... Much simpler that using any rooting tools....
here is his link to the instructions, Mods if i am in the wrong just tell me and i will remove the link.

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/cort...4-0-a-612.html
Last edited by web_ninja; 22nd January 2012 at 09:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to web_ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag St. Ignatius
Thanks Meter: 7

137 posts
More
im actually looking at buying one of these, how the build quality?
android_owl
3rd January 2012, 09:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I am really interested in this too, please respond asap :P
3rd January 2012, 05:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag St. Ignatius
Thanks Meter: 7

137 posts
More
i just got this email from pandawill.

"Hi,Dear friend,
Yes,Our item LY-F1,F4S,F528 will get an android 4.0 version,We have already made trial order for these items.But the mass production will do after Chinese New Year"
3rd January 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Smith

207 posts
More
it actually is real good... the interface and drawer is laggy but i installed ICS launcher and it is a little faster... games run smooth and netflix runs with no hiccups... as soon as i figure out the bloat that needs removed it should run smoother... it isn't built like the M009S resistive tablets, this feels alot better in the hands.. my kiddoes love it and i am amazed at the performance and feel..
and for 100 bucks i cannot complain one bit... but it took me about a month to get them, i ordered 4 of them...... i do not like the customer service... but oh well...

i hope ICS comes this month, that would be sweet... i will upload the stock firmware and install files translated... not that great on the instructions but i am not going to flash for the hell of it... i will wait for one of the kiddoes to mess it up... hell i even thought of buying 10 of them, rooting and selling them locally for a sweet profit... lol

you think dropbox will be good enough for you guys?
Last edited by web_ninja; 3rd January 2012 at 11:47 PM.
4th January 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

37 posts
dealextreme.com/p/7-capacitive-android-2-3-tablet-w-camera-wifi-hdmi-tf-cortex-a8-1-5ghz-4gb-111713

is this the same model ?
android_owl
4th January 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #7  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by web_ninja

it actually is real good... the interface and drawer is laggy but i installed ICS launcher and it is a little faster... games run smooth and netflix runs with no hiccups... as soon as i figure out the bloat that needs removed it should run smoother... it isn't built like the M009S resistive tablets, this feels alot better in the hands.. my kiddoes love it and i am amazed at the performance and feel..
and for 100 bucks i cannot complain one bit... but it took me about a month to get them, i ordered 4 of them...... i do not like the customer service... but oh well...

Could you describe how laggy the launcher is? Maybe you could screen-record some footage of it? I'd be pretty interested in that. Also, an android device for like 100 bucks sounds like sweet candy to me.

Quote:

i hope ICS comes this month, that would be sweet... i will upload the stock firmware and install files translated... not that great on the instructions but i am not going to flash for the hell of it... i will wait for one of the kiddoes to mess it up... hell i even thought of buying 10 of them, rooting and selling them locally for a sweet profit... lol

Is it legal to do this kind of stuff? I mean rooting and selling it?

Quote:

you think dropbox will be good enough for you guys?

Sure it is!
4th January 2012, 10:39 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Smith

207 posts
More
rooting and selling? ya it is personal property.. not illegal..

dealextreme.com/p/7-capacitive-android-2-3-tablet-w-camera-wifi-hdmi-tf-cortex-a8-1-5ghz-4gb-111713

it looks the same? don't quote me on this....

i will zip up the recovery and image and upload it today... and post a link..
The Following User Says Thank You to web_ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
android_owl
4th January 2012, 11:24 AM   |  #9  

n/a posts
Quote:

i will zip up the recovery and image and upload it today... and post a link..

You, sir, are a good man.
5th January 2012, 11:47 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Smith

207 posts
More
recovery is up... i suggest you use the usb cord that came with the tablet... i offer no tech support and i am not responsible it you brick your Tablet, your wife or girlfriend leaves you or the world ends.... but i will help as much as i can...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread