Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth + WIFI Problems (a pair made in hell?!)

OP jfortier777

11th January 2012, 12:23 PM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 33

450 posts
I hope you guys are subscribed to this thread. According to an engineer there are two versions of the Prime. One version, the old version that I don't think was meant to ship has the BT issue. The second version has no such issue as I am told.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1439582

Help me build a database of bad devices so we can determine good and bad batches.
The Following User Says Thank You to setite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
can someone let me know if there is a problem with pairing to bluetooth headset, WIFI on (but not using internet) and watching a video stored internally through media player.

The current Vega tablet I have causes stutter on video with the above scenario, but not sure if the problem with the Prime is just with using the internet at the same time

thanks
11th January 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
I have varified that when i run my tablet on wifi i get 9752kbps DL speeds
at the same spot with BT on and connected to my head set and playing music the dl speeds are 363kbps.....thats a huge drop.

So i also ran this test with my HTC evo3d DL speeds were 6160 wifi no BT and 736 dl with wifi and BT.

Also did this test with my friends HTC EVO (OG) dl speeds were 7165 wifi no BT and 4168 dl with wifi and BT.

So to me it looks like this is a regular issue with BT and wifi in the sense that you take a DL speed hit when on wifi and BT connected but.....

363kbps with wifi + BT on the tablet....thats the worst score and just about 56k modem speeds.

Im not sure if this can be fixed with with a software up date to balance out the wifi VS BT signal. so im dont want to high jack the thread but anyone else run this test on any other devices? .....apple products as well?
12th January 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #154  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 250

1,425 posts
Well, I finally tested this out using my BT speakers and both my Galaxy Nexus and Transformer Prime. The TP is messed up. My Nexus streamed music and downloaded at about 10 Mbps, while the Prime crawled at about 0.25 Mbps while streaming. Do the problems ever end with this tablet? Does Asus actually employ real engineers? Unbelievable.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
15th January 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 17

177 posts
just confirmed the issue on mine and confirmed that my archos 70 doesn't have the problem...

this blows...was going to love it, even with the gps issue (already remedied that), but now this is the game breaker... going back to BB
The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #156  
Flag Bothell, Washington
Thanks Meter: 218

1,028 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzer

just confirmed the issue on mine and confirmed that my archos 70 doesn't have the problem...

this blows...was going to love it, even with the gps issue (already remedied that), but now this is the game breaker... going back to BB

Opps accidently thanked you. Anyways I hear that this issue will be fixed through next update. Don't remember where that post was made though

16th January 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #157  

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdevega

Opps accidently thanked you. Anyways I hear that this issue will be fixed through next update. Don't remember where that post was made though

source? link? Since I only have a few days left to get my money back, i'm not willing to hang on to hope.
16th January 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #158  
Flag Bothell, Washington
Thanks Meter: 218

1,028 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzer

source? link? Since I only have a few days left to get my money back, i'm not willing to hang on to hope.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1444683

TF-201 WIFI/GPS Compared Against Tf-700
Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

The Following User Says Thank You to jjdevega For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #159  
Flag Tygelsjö
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
More
64G Prime
I just received my 64G Asus Prime and of course I checked the Wifi+Bluetooth 10m away from the router, connected with 100mbit fiber, and with 3 120mm gypsum walls between. Tested with speedtest.net android app and the tablet placed flat on granite counter and running Honeycomb (ICS not avaliable, and yes I have a serial but that didn't help)

Wifi on + bluetooth off (3 run average)
Upload: 21 Mbps
Download: 13 Mbps

Wifi on + Bluetooth on (3 run average)
Upload: 24 Mbps
Download: 10 Mbps

Wifi on + Bluetooth on and paired (3 run average)
Upload: 14 Mbps
Download: 10 Mbps

Standing 2m away from the router, no walls:

Wifi on + bluetooth off (3 run average)
Upload: 28 Mbps
Download: 33 Mbps

Wifi on + Bluetooth on and paired (3 run average)
Upload: 14 Mbps
Download: 15 Mbps

After turning Bluetooth off it takes a little minute before you can reach full speed again.
16th January 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #160  

177 posts
turning BT on isn't the real problem, for me, it wasn't until i got an external "sound" source (bt headphones) that the problem "showed up"

is it just me, but why are the upload speeds so Hi...usually higher than download speeds, i notice this on all my speed tests....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread