Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Firmware downloading now..

Tip us?

mazjohn
Old
(Last edited by mazjohn; 2nd January 2012 at 08:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Mine updated without problems, but did take 8 minutes to restart... I do wonder why some have experience bricked updates... could it be instability caused by a certain combination of installed apps? is it important to do a clean reboot first before applying the update? (postpone , then reboot and apply?)

If we could try to identify a cause for the bricks, then perhaps we could at least have a "best practices" before applying any updates.

Just a thought... since this could happen next time to any one of us.

deviouskater
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Did anybody install all three successfully. Or did ppl only install 2

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
HTC Evo CM7.1 + Teamwin HDMI

FunkyMcBain
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I got 3 updates, two firmware, one camera, the screen sensitivity is much better, that makes me really happy cause it was missing quite a few presses sometimes especially when it's really cold and dry out, low humidity

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnco View Post
Just the first today. I did the Dec updates when I got it. I knew it was too good to be true. I did not have the issues others were having, no light bleed, good Wifi, GPS locks,... Perfect until the .33 OTA update. Oh hell. I am going to have to use my GTab until I get this back sometime in the spring. I am too mad to even call Asus yet. I am going to go and get some food and calm down before calling tonight.
I feel your pain.

If my Prime comes in perfect tomorrow I will likely skip these automatic updates.

FunkyMcBain
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Uhhh my tablet just rebooted itself

deadwolfbones
Old
Thanks Meter 22
completed all 3 updates, running just fine.

mazjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviouskater View Post
Did anybody install all three successfully. Or did ppl only install 2

I got 3 updates in total- the first one was the main update, after accepting, it rebooted on its own and I got the green robot with gears spinning... this went on for a few minutes-

Then , I got the ASUS logo- it sat on this screen for over 7 minutes.

then it finally reached the login screen.

I logged in, and there was a firmware upgrade available- I accepted, and it downloaded and installed. It popped up saying that update was finished. It did not ask me to reboot. I did not reboot.

Then I received another update notice. (third one) This one was for the camera. I accepted. It downloaded (took a good 2 minutes to download) It installed and popped up saying "update complete"

Thats where I am at. I have let the screen sleep but have not yet done a full shutdown and restart.

Hope this can help others.

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMcBain View Post
I got 3 updates, two firmware, one camera, the screen sensitivity is much better, that makes me really happy cause it was missing quite a few presses sometimes especially when it's really cold and dry out, low humidity
people who got mulitple updates were most likely on older versions than a good number of people. as the different versions that people had were a lil fragmented and some were on older cam and build versions than others. I only received the one system update to put me at .33. as my other component versions are up to date already.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

deviouskater
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_game_master View Post
I feel your pain.

If my Prime comes in perfect tomorrow I will likely skip these automatic updates.
Sorry man. I feel it too. I was all excited about my prime but this happened.

Well im just going to wait till its instock and its easy to find. Or wait to see if Google brings out a nexus line for tablets.

deviouskater
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjohn View Post
I got 3 updates in total- the first one was the main update, after accepting, it rebooted on its own and I got the green robot with gears spinning... this went on for a few minutes-

Then , I got the ASUS logo- it sat on this screen for over 7 minutes.

then it finally reached the login screen.

I logged in, and there was a firmware upgrade available- I accepted, and it downloaded and installed. It popped up saying that update was finished. It did not ask me to reboot. I did not reboot.

Then I received another update notice. (third one) This one was for the camera. I accepted. It downloaded (took a good 2 minutes to download) It installed and popped up saying "update complete"

Thats where I am at. I have let the screen sleep but have not yet done a full shutdown and restart.

Hope this can help others.
Yeah my first updated fine. But once I hit to upgrade the 2nd eeepad update the screen became unresponsive for about an hour. Didn't show update complete in background.