XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Firmware downloading now..

Tip us?

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdp252 View Post
I can report that this does absolutely nothing to fix my GPS issue. I still get "0 in view" and "0 in use" in GPS test. Every once in a while I'll get 1 popup in "view" but it's rare.
even with your wifi turned on?

tdp252
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_game_master View Post
even with your wifi turned on?
WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

unknown_owner
Old
(Last edited by unknown_owner; 2nd January 2012 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
If anyone finds the link to the 8.8.3.33 update online, please post it here. Also if anyone download the update but doesn't apply it yet, mind finding where the update downloads to? I want to do a file compare with 8.8.3.29 and see specifically which files are being updated.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

oasis9389
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oasis9389 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
then yours must be broken. You ought to exchange it or get it RMAed.

tdp252
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
then yours must be broken. You ought to exchange it or get it RMAed.
But my roommate bought one also and it has the exact same issue. I'm not confident that there is a "fix" and I'm not willing to repeatedly RMA or Exchange these things until I win the lottery and find one that works as advertised.

n11
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_owner View Post
If anyone finds the link to the update online, please post it here. Also if anyone download the update but doesn't apply it yet, mind finding where the update downloads to? I want to do a file compare with 8.8.3.29 and see specifically which files are being updated.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
You can find it on the Asus website -http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...F201&p=20&s=16

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
But my roommate bought one also and it has the exact same issue. I'm not confident that there is a "fix" and I'm not willing to repeatedly RMA or Exchange these things until I win the lottery and find one that works as advertised.
where did you buys yours from, and when did you buy?

gogol
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Then it is your room if you were not able to get sat fix indoor

Suggestion: move to another room ... :P

Quote:
Nexus 5 : Android 4.4.1 stock ROM, stock recovery, rooted

tdp252
Old
(Last edited by tdp252; 2nd January 2012 at 03:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
where did you buys yours from, and when did you buy?
My roommate purchased his from a random ebay seller so not many details there. I purchased mine on 12/23 from Best Buy.

I also bought the keyboard/dock from an Ebay seller in Taiwan. (It has small Chinese letters above the English keys ). I really like the complete package and the battery life is awesome when coupled together. This is the only thing keeping me from returning the unit.

I will probably wait a few months and then RMA it with the assumption that this may give the ASUS engineers time to sort things out. I don't want a marginally functioning unit back I actually want it to work correctly because I had planned to use the TFP on my boat with Navionics marine charting software (currently using a first generation ipad)

I had a custom mount made for the IPAD and it's saved me from having to buy a several thousand dollar Garmin Marine unit. Still getting value out of that device years later. (I didn't use GPS on it when I first purchased it either.)