[APP] Vim Touch - An VIM Android port with Touch support

Search This thread

momodalo

Mar 23, 2010
I spent some of my vacation time to implement this app as my first app on Android Market. I worked on Android since Android 1.0 but someday I just found that I never publish an apk on the market. That should be a shame that I took so much from the open source community. So it's a first app I made and open source for all developers who may be interested in.

Vi Improved Touch
VimTouch is a open source VIM port on Android. It supports full vim syntax and finger touch gestures to help VIM much more usable on touch screens.
Features
- Touch to scroll
- Fling to scroll
- Long press to zoom-in
- two-fingers to delete lines("dd") or new lines("p")
- Single tap to send "ESC"
- Read email attachments
- Single instance to open files in vim window
- Real VIM runtime

Android Market Information
search "vim touch"

Source code here is on the google code project : vimtouch

Happy Hacking!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent some of my vacation time to implement this app as my first app on Android Market. I worked on Android since Android 1.0 but someday I just found that I never publish an apk on the market. That should be a shame that I took so much from the open source community. So it's a first app I made and open source for all developers who may be interested in.

Vi Improved Touch
    VimTouch is a open source VIM port on Android. It supports full vim syntax and finger touch gestures to help VIM much more usable on touch screens.
    Features
    - Touch to scroll
    - Fling to scroll
    - Long press to zoom-in
    - two-fingers to delete lines("dd") or new lines("p")
    - Single tap to send "ESC"
    - Read email attachments
    - Single instance to open files in vim window
    - Real VIM runtime

Android Market Information
    search "vim touch"

Source code here is on the google code project : vimtouch

Happy Hacking!