[ROM][IML74K][4.0.3] CyanogenMod 9 experimental Build [01-02-2012]
I know you're happy to see some movement regarding the Galaxy Note and ICS but please refrain from posting to this thread unless you have to add anything of value
** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.
** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues
** you may encounter while running one of these builds.
** Submitting bug reports on experimental builds is the leading
** cause of male impotence.
This is a experimental Build of the current state of CyanogenMod 9 for the Samsung Galaxy Note. CM 9 is based on latest AOSP sources plus some usefull tweaks and features.
CyanogenMod 9 is still under heavy development and will probably be finished in January/February 2012. The device specific part for the Galaxy Note is under heavy Development, too.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
- WiFi should work as expected.
- 3G/GPRS/EDGE Data and Calling
- Touchscreen as well as the S-Pen (proprietary S-Pen Apps by Samsung are not included and would'nt work anyway.
- Sensors should work. (ie. at least GPS is confirmed to work properly)
Installation using ODIN
- Bluetooth is unstable. Don't rely on it just yet
- Battery Usage doesn't work.
- MTP Mode does not work. You need to push/pull files via adb
- Camera doesn't work. Will be that way until we can get our hands on a ICS leak for the Galaxy Note
Odin 1.83 should be fine. If you don't know what Odin this, stop reading further right now. This rom isn't for you.
Do a full wipe in the Recovery mode before flashing.
Enter Download Mode on your device.
Start Odin. Load up the ROM in the PDA Section of Odin. Make sure not
not to change any settings like Flash Lock, Re-Partition etc. Just use Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time.
Flashing this rom WILL increase your binary counter and may/will void your warranty.
After flashing make sure to boot into Recovery and do a full wipe. If you want you can adb push GAPPS to your device and install them accordingly.
Installation using CWM
- READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...sked_Questions
- Make sure you're running a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Flash GApps zip
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
- Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!
Flashing this rom MAY increase your binary counter and may/will void your warranty.
Make sure you have read the entire post. There are bugs and caveats. This rom is a pre-Alpha release and not suitable for daily usage. It may even break your device. Please only flash it if you know what you're doing.
Build 01022012: http://bit.ly/icsnote_b1
[Multiupload] ODIN Version
Build 01022012: http://bit.ly/icsnote_b1_cwm
[Multiupload] Flashable via CWM.
GApps v6: http://www.multiupload.com/JV91OI4HZ0
Samsung USB Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/?8jq83u3xs6w8jou
Google USB Drivers: http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html
01-02-2012 Intial Release. Codename: FULLOFBUGS
As this is a pre-Alpha release that contains a ton of bugs and unresolved issues there is no offical support by Team Hacksung and/or CM.
But there is a channel on the IRC where users can exchange their experience using this ROM. (ie. User2User Support)
AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, mauimauer, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, yjwong, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team. And many more...
Happy new year!!