[ROM] Cyanogenmod Nightly Builds - Builds for P920 works on P925!

Search This thread

KurdX

Oct 16, 2010
Gothenburg
Nightly builds for the Thrill (P925) has stopped, P920 builds will work on Thrill P925.

Builds can be found here:
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p920

Changelog can be found here:
http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p920

There should be NO problems at all to upgrade from the latest SelfKang to the lastest Nightly Build.

INSTRUCTIONS:
* Create a nandroid backup in CWM.
* Install the latest Nightly.
* Reboot.

If you're currently using a stock rom or a custom rom that is not based on CM then you must make a factory reset/format data in CWM after installing the latest nightly.
Else you'll get stuck in a bootloop.

NOTICE:
* Please note that this rom will replace your old one if you have a stock rom (Froyo or Gingerbread).
Everything on your current rom will be useless, so backup everything!
If you're currently using Froyo, then you need to flash the latest Baseband;
Use the "LG Updater tool" to update to the latest Stock version so you'll get the latest Baseband, re-root your phone and download Rom Manager from the market.
Install CWM, do a Nandroid backup and install the latest nightly build of CM7.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T USE CM:
If you're using the 3D functions of your phone as well as the HDMI then you shouldn't change to CM at the moment.
3D and HDMI is broken.

And yes, these releases are newer than the SelfKang4.

This is Not my mod and try asking in this thread before posting me a PM, you'll get a faster reply here.

Last edited:

rydeN-

Oct 29, 2011
I've never understood Nightly builds.
What's most of the difference you'll see?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

azhhael

Aug 4, 2011
Belo Horizonte
this may be a full ROM... right?
i used to use CM7 in my SE X10 Mini Pro, and i loved it...

but here on thrill one... what r the limits? does it has 3D??? Radio??? GPS??? Wifi??? it's all working?

i tried to read changelog, but as i am not a developer i cant understand clearly 80% of the info... can u tell what it's not working?

one more question is... is it running GB 2.3.7???? dn't i need to change baseband to GB one???? i have stock froyo rom from LG...

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
this may be a full ROM... right?
i used to use CM7 in my SE X10 Mini Pro, and i loved it...

but here on thrill one... what r the limits? does it has 3D??? Radio??? GPS??? Wifi??? it's all working?

i tried to read changelog, but as i am not a developer i cant understand clearly 80% of the info... can u tell what it's not working?

one more question is... is it running GB 2.3.7???? dn't i need to change baseband to GB one???? i have stock froyo rom from LG...

I think 3D and HDMI aren't working. Radio, GPS, and wifi were all working before the nightly. I can confirm that wifi is working great. I haven't used GPS so not sure how well it works or not.

It is running 2.3.7 . No you don't need to do anything with the baseband.

Rabidaries

May 24, 2011
The only complaint I have is that the person i call using this rom hears a really bad echo

+1

Also should cell standby be taking 72% of battery? Been barely using for hr and a half and already down to 70% seems to drain faster on standby than when I'm on it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Last edited:

goat_sea

Jan 30, 2011
How about make it mount internal and external SD card?

Is there a way to get headset recognition as well? I pressed mine a couple time while playing music, wouldn't pause or skip tracks like normal CM7 would. I've had atleast 2 reboots now but everything else seems great

Last edited:

gentzleon

May 7, 2009
Alright, time to start building some nightlies.........Ill be on my own in a few weeks....

rydeN-

Oct 29, 2011
Yup, but we need something other than this trashy 'CyanogenMod'.

I personally hate CM in general, it's not n00b friendly and it just looks plain dumb.

But if anyone could rocket a GB ROM without having to install a GB break, then count me in.

I hope to see a Froyo ROM soon.

Love you guys but the Thrill is trash and the mods here suck.
Alright, time to start building some nightlies.........Ill be on my own in a few weeks....

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010

I personally hate CM in general, it's not n00b friendly and it just looks plain dumb.

But if anyone could rocket a GB ROM without having to install a GB break, then count me in.

Eh, I agree to a certain extent. However, I wouldn't count noobs as those rooting, flashing ROMs, etc etc. So if they can't be bothered to google some CM info, welll, then...

As far as dumb, most of the time, our phones look dumb out of the box. The CM ROM is just as customizable as any other ROM. I got rid of the skateboard alien ASAP. What is kinda cool is the theme chooser so that you make a bunch of the stuff like battery stat, various widgets, dialer, etc all look different in one click.

I think most of us are just kinda waiting until the new cool phones come out in 2012 and move on.

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
are there any kernels for this with OC? im coming from foryo and my benchmark would hit up to 3300. now i cant even reach 3k.

CXENTE

Oct 1, 2011
HOUSTON
uhhhh I flash this rom... and when tried to go back on stock froyo. It stays stuck on LG logo... I did a backup .... flash other roms before and was able to return to stock rooted. It only works with this rom and two others roms" thriller and doomded ... what did I do wrong? I miss my 3D functions ;(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Handalaan

Apr 6, 2011
I think a lot of people are having the issue with the call echo. Seems to be a problem with the ambient/noise cancellation microphone. Not a big deal if you turn down the call volume.

I am having other issues with the first nightly; can't select items in the notification bar, misaligned keyboard, etc. so will be sticking with SK4 for the time being. That being said, however; it is nice that the Thrill is getting a little love. I'll still be checking the dailies and looking out for a stable build.

KurdX

Oct 16, 2010
Gothenburg
are there any kernels for this with OC? im coming from foryo and my benchmark would hit up to 3300. now i cant even reach 3k.
Not a kernel, but you can use the same script like before, Check Tekahuna's post, you can get the files for CM there aswell.

uhhhh I flash this rom... and when tried to go back on stock froyo. It stays stuck on LG logo... I did a backup .... flash other roms before and was able to return to stock rooted. It only works with this rom and two others roms" thriller and doomded ... what did I do wrong? I miss my 3D functions ;(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
If you want to go back to froyo, use the LG updater tool to go back to stock, there is a few threads that describes how. After that, you can just root your device and go back to the old backup.

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
Had the weirdest bug ever on the 2nd nightly last night. I was at the mall playing cards when my phone suddenly made this alarm-esque noise. No matter what I did, i couldn't get it to stop. I had to restart my phone which finally put an end to it. Hopefully i don't experience that again lol.

Nightly 2 still has the echo thing going on. I'll try the new ones as they come out.

I have a question : Before on froyo, my SD had a partition that i could put various things into. After flashing CM7, this partition seems to be invisible from my phone (root explorer). For some reason, my computer at home cannot access this partition, but my computer at work can. I have filled my internal sd card from restoring apps. How can I access this partition, or repartition so the internal SD has more space?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

goat_sea

Jan 30, 2011
I have a question : Before on froyo, my SD had a partition that i could put various things into. After flashing CM7, this partition seems to be invisible from my phone (root explorer). For some reason, my computer at home cannot access this partition, but my computer at work can. I have filled my internal sd card from restoring apps. How can I access this partition, or repartition so the internal SD has more space?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

I completely know what you mean by SD card.

If you goto CM7 settings> Application, there should be an option named "Use internal storage". If you check that box and reboot, it just flip flops the SD cards. You can access the other, but can't the other. Kinda annoying, wish I had a 32GB MicroSD right about now :(

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
i tried going back to froyo from this and it was stuck on LG too. i had many backups. i was able to go back to froyo by flashing doomed again. idk what it is about that one but it took it back to froyo just fine. and from there you can flash ur recovery and ull b fine

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
I had the crazy-alarm-type bug happen again just now. I believe it was caused by a notification sound that is supposed to play, but instead, starts clipping at an alarming rate at full volume. I tried just about everything you can think of to stop this cacophonous noise, but had to ultimately shut down the phone.

As far as the "SD thing", I did find out that the other portion of the card is actually listed under "mnt" and then "emmc" for anyone that was wondering. I can access this from the phone as well.

fn1046

Aug 24, 2010
So far the nightly builds are great, thanks for the hard work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly builds for the Thrill (P925) has stopped, P920 builds will work on Thrill P925.

Builds can be found here:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p920

Changelog can be found here:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p920

There should be NO problems at all to upgrade from the latest SelfKang to the lastest Nightly Build.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    * Create a nandroid backup in CWM.
    * Install the latest Nightly.
    * Reboot.

If you're currently using a stock rom or a custom rom that is not based on CM then you must make a factory reset/format data in CWM after installing the latest nightly.
    Else you'll get stuck in a bootloop.

NOTICE:
    * Please note that this rom will replace your old one if you have a stock rom (Froyo or Gingerbread).
    Everything on your current rom will be useless, so backup everything!
    If you're currently using Froyo, then you need to flash the latest Baseband;
    Use the "LG Updater tool" to update to the latest Stock version so you'll get the latest Baseband, re-root your phone and download Rom Manager from the market.
    Install CWM, do a Nandroid backup and install the latest nightly build of CM7.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T USE CM:
    If you're using the 3D functions of your phone as well as the HDMI then you shouldn't change to CM at the moment.
    3D and HDMI is broken.

And yes, these releases are newer than the SelfKang4.

This is Not my mod and try asking in this thread before posting me a PM, you'll get a faster reply here.

Eh, I agree to a certain extent. However, I wouldn't count noobs as those rooting, flashing ROMs, etc etc. So if they can't be bothered to google some CM info, welll, then...

As far as dumb, most of the time, our phones look dumb out of the box. The CM ROM is just as customizable as any other ROM. I got rid of the skateboard alien ASAP. What is kinda cool is the theme chooser so that you make a bunch of the stuff like battery stat, various widgets, dialer, etc all look different in one click.

I think most of us are just kinda waiting until the new cool phones come out in 2012 and move on.
    The CM7 for the P925 is on the Froyo Baseband, the CM7 for the P920 is on Gingerbread Baseband. if you are still running "stock" Froyo on your Thrill (P925) u can use the CM7 for the P925, if you flash ANY of the Gingerbread KDZ files, then you are relegated to either using the P920 CM7, or flashing back to Froyo and using the P925 CM7 (hopefully this made it about as clear as mud)
    Quick question: if you flash an updated nightly build, do you have to totally re-install all your apps and data again?

No just flash the update. Your apps and data wont be delated unless you do a wipe before install.

I tried CM7 here, and everything worked except getting a network connection. I was coming from stock AT&T Gingerbread 2.3.5 with baseband L6260_MDEOM_SIC_01.1042.00.

I flashed several times, following the instructions. I should mention I've had 6 other Android devices, am fairly technical, and have successfully used CM7/CM9 on 2 other phones.

After flashing coming from the same ROM I'm currently on, I'd boot into CM and everything would work, and well! But the network connection didn't work. The System bar at the top showed the reception bars not lit up and with a red 'x' next to them. Wifi worked. I tried switching back and forth between Airplane mode, but it didn't help. Reflashed several times, too.

I even tried manually adding APNs, but that didn't work. (Actually, I was surprised that the APN list was blank. Also, after trying to add an APN it looked like it took but then the APN list was still blank. Not sure if this is related though, since I assume CM already has the APNs set up properly to be able to work right away without playing around with the APNs further, so I assume the issue I saw here, if it indeed was an issue, was not the issue itself but symptomatic of the larger issue.)

When I give up and try to flash Stock AT&T again, that too has no reception. Same problem. I have to do the complicated full instructions using the LG Flash Tool to actually get back to stock with working network reception.

I assume it has to do with the baseband, but I followed the CM instructions of making sure you first have Gingerbread with a Gingerbread baseband (I do - I have stock AT&T Gingerbread V20p with the baseband that comes with it).

I'd really love to use CM7! Any ideas or suggestions?

Did you flash the P920 CM7 or the P925?
    If you have a GB baseband you need to flash the P920 version.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium