Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[27th Jun][Sense] INT2SD, a new D2EXT method (added Alex-V GB HD INT2SD-S)

Tip us?

nlooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 610
And, like always, phone has booted, gave me a lockscreen, then several FC windows, I touched "wait", and when I unlock I have only a white HTC screen and that's the end.

And at the bare beginning I got the window saying "android.proces........" force closed that appeared for, maybe, a second and disappeared with no interaction.

Pastebin f**ked me up so I attached logcat to the message.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (178.2 KB, 16 views)

Proz0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Well, the bucketload of ANRs (Application Not Responding) both you and the logcat report would suggest that your card is basically too slow for INT2SD which has the entire /data (including Dalvik cache) on the SD, especially in combination with the resource-hungry beast that is Sense.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300)
The Following User Says Thank You to Proz0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nlooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proz0r View Post
Well, the bucketload of ANRs (Application Not Responding) both you and the logcat report would suggest that your card is basically too slow for INT2SD which has the entire /data (including Dalvik cache) on the SD, especially in combination with the resource-hungry beast that is Sense.
Thanx.

This time I tried with ext4. So, when I buy something faster I'll try again, I'm very interested how it all goes with fatsys. What would you recommend class 6, 8 or what? I heard some rumors about problems with class 10.

Proz0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
I have a class 10, and it seems slower than it should be, though those are all the issues (if you can call that an issue ) I'm experiencing. Class 6 should be enough, though some people have reported problems with C6 being too slow as well, yet it works like a charm for others. Probably better to ask someone who has more experience with SD performance since I have only ever used a grand total of 3 cards with my 2 Android phones (two of those came along with the phones) Good luck!

nlooooo
Old
(Last edited by nlooooo; 27th February 2012 at 08:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
I have a class 10, and it seems slower than it should be, though those are all the issues (if you can call that an issue ) I'm experiencing. Class 6 should be enough, though some people have reported problems with C6 being too slow as well, yet it works like a charm for others. Probably better to ask someone who has more experience with SD performance since I have only ever used a grand total of 3 cards with my 2 Android phones (two of those came along with the phones) Good luck!
Thanx man, I appreciate that.

I think it also has connection with manufacturer, Kingston is not that fast, Transcend and Sandisk are better by my opinion.

billyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Default INIT2SD

I flashed INIT2SD rom. It is much quicker than original Data2ext Rom, with the same set of apps, my boot time is reduced from 12min. to 4min. There is just one issue sometimes it would not boot after restart. I need to take battery or than it will boot, once I had to delete dalvik-cache to get it boot proper.
Anyway I do not restart more than once a week, so it's not a bit issue.

App installation is much smoother on INIT2SD, it won't hang after installing new app like data2ext used to do. Also loading speed is a bit better.

Thanks, good implementation of Alex great rom.

Quote:
This is the INT2SD thread for Sense ROMs and their developers and users.
INT2SD thread for AOSP ROMs

Disclamer: I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to billyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Proz0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Thanks man! About it not booting, can you reboot it and when it gets to the point when it hangs, plug it into your PC, do 'adb logcat' and Pastebin that here? Sounds like a pretty big issue, though I hadn't experienced it.

billyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 80
OK, will post logcat, when I have some time tommorow.
The Following User Says Thank You to billyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smileking
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Work on Runnymede AIO V6.5 ??

Hello, Can you make Runnymede AIO V6.5 work with INT2SD ??

The ROM address is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1315961

pedrocel85
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Default where is new roms?

prozor, where are the new roms mate?