Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Desire Z/Vision/G2 - Successor

Tip us?

mintaeroboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Desire Z/Vision/G2 - Successor

What do you want to see if HTC bring out a hardware keyboard phone? Also names and any news.
Personal I would want qHD screen, terga 3 CPU, + GPU, 4G, sense/ics 4.0?, better speakers, 1900 mha battery, 16GB on broad memory, 2GB RAM,

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

user032
Old
Thanks Meter 0
QWERTY keyboard phones are unfortunately out of style nowadays. Moto Droid/Milestone is pretty much the only keyboard phone series with modern specs available at least over here. Samsung Captivate Glide seems intriguing with its dual core CPU and AMOLED display but it's US only.

If you are really looking for Sense, it's unfortunate that there are no rumors or leaks or anything about a HTC QWERTY flagship.

riahc3
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by user032 View Post
QWERTY keyboard phones are unfortunately out of style nowadays.
So says you. Although declining, Blackberries still sell and I refuse to buy anything that does not have a physical QWERTY keyboard.
THE HTC DESIRE Z/G2/VISION IS NOT A "4G" PHONE.
Read what is 4G: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
The Following User Says Thank You to riahc3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eGetin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by user032 View Post
QWERTY keyboard phones are unfortunately out of style nowadays. Moto Droid/Milestone is pretty much the only keyboard phone series with modern specs available at least over here. Samsung Captivate Glide seems intriguing with its dual core CPU and AMOLED display but it's US only.

If you are really looking for Sense, it's unfortunate that there are no rumors or leaks or anything about a HTC QWERTY flagship.
That's not true. There clearly are people out there eagerly waiting for new QWERTY-phones, otherwise e.g. Sony Ericsson wouldn't sell Xperia pro and Mini pro etc. Nokia has released a few phones with QWERTY keyboard and as you said Motorola has Droids too.

Does anyone know how many Visions has been sold? HTC has always made qwerty-phones, I can't see any reason why they should stop now.

iucidium
Old
Thanks Meter 80
A QWERTY Nexus would be nice - death to Sense. When I owned a Desire Z rooting and going to an AOSP Gingerbread DOUBLED my battery life.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

MarkMarrk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would like to see more internal memory, better speakers, a better screen and I would like to see them keep the touch sensitive "trackball" button at the bottom of the phone!

rirozizo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,178
to me, the only thing that matters is to make the soft buttons as hardware buttons, not the irritating touch

|RIROZIZO|

ISOCK youtube channel
ROM Specific Q&A/T Thread Template on the PORTAL

Get a (battery) Life!

Member of Slim Team (Support is never via PM)

Currently working on: Making slimkat in-depth reviews and updates

Phone: Google Nexus4 LG E960 Mako 16GB Black | ROM: Latest Slimkat Build | Kernel: Changing | CPU: Never Overclocked | Recovery: TWRP/MultiROM
Dropbox link <--- click this to get extra space!

My Blog

UnSungHERO420
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
I'd love a 1080p screen, gorilla glass, tegra 3, 64gb internal, ICS of course, 4G, an INSANE camera, and no matter the mah a battery to hold it all together for 14+ hours at heavy use.

But that's just me.

let me not forget to say vanilla android!
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
32GB Jet Black | W03 SlimKat v14 Old Tree | Teamasek 1.3
SanDisk Ultra 64GB UHS-1 | Beats Earphones | Fossil MetaWatch Analog
Secure Settings | Tasker | ViPER4Android

Past Devices

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3(Samsung SCH-I535) - Retired
T-Mobile G2(HTC Desire Z) - Retired
T-Mobile Nexus One(HTC Passion) - Lost
T-Mobile G1(HTC Dream) - Hard Bricked

makken85
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintaeroboy View Post
What do you want to see if HTC bring out a hardware keyboard phone? Also names and any news.
Personal I would want qHD screen, terga 3 CPU, + GPU, 4G, sense/ics 4.0?, better speakers, 1900 mha battery, 16GB on broad memory, 2GB RAM,

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
4.0" 720p screen, Qualcomm krait + adreno 225, pentaband 3g, AOSP ICS, 2GB ram, 16GB ROM + SD card, 5 row QWERTY with directional keys or D-pad, dedicated camera button, metal back cover with release lever.

hey, I can dream right?

opensourcefan
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I want an HTC device, built as solid and of as good quality as this one with updated Rezound like features. Not going to happen though, HTC has successfully grabbed a large portion of the market due to their past quality and has since shifted from quality to quantity.
Daily Device(s) - Galaxy Note 3 (N900W8) - Jedi Elite KK V1.1 || 4.4.2 || 03/19/2014
Backup - Galaxy Note 2 - CleanROM 3.3, Galaxy Nexus - 100% stock.
Prev Devices - Galaxy S3*, Moto RAZR (xt910), EVO 3D GSM (Super Yellow Screen!, Slow Developing on GSM), 2 HTC Sensations Returned and Refunded (Dust under screen x2, blurry yellow screen, broken vibrator), HTC Desire Z* - Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0, Galaxy S GT-I9000M SD Failure. iPhone 3GS*, iPhone 2g*, Moto Razr V3...
* Still own.