[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

27th February 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #1121  
Flag New Iberia, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 72

544 posts
More
think these things would work even if you don't pay for the VVM service? sort of like how we have built in city id and its free since its a custom rom?
27th February 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #1122  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 566

1,762 posts
Donate to Me
More
no clue, i dont even know what "visual" voice mail is. i dont really even use my regular voice mail really lol
27th February 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #1123  
Flag Ashburnham
Thanks Meter: 9

130 posts
More
Talking

Rock on! It worked!! The first link is to the APK download (since it looks like Verizon VVM is no longer in the market), and the second link explains how to change some settings in the /system/build.prop file.

**NOTE: I had to comment out (effectively changing the values to "false") in the build.prop file in *2 different spots*. Since I'm a 'vi' freak, I searched the whole build.prop file for all instances, and changed those. After changing both instances of each setting, and rebooting, the Verizon VVM app worked!

It looks like those settings tell the Verizon VVM app that you have the "Blur VVM app installed. I actually like this Verizon VVM app better, as it displays the full date of the VM, whereas the Motorola Blur version only showed the time of the VM.

Many thanks,

Bruce
27th February 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #1124  
Flag Kutina
Thanks Meter: 865

541 posts
Donate to Me
More

I cannot get carriers name in notification drawer or on lockscreen, onli this, no service.
Is this some bug or its normal?

Thanks
27th February 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #1125  
Flag Ashburnham
Thanks Meter: 9

130 posts
More
It looks like my last issue is related to the Camera, so it already may be a known issue, but I can't seem to scan any QR codes. Haven't tried regular barcodes, but I would guess probably the same.. I'm sure this is known, but thought I would mention it if its not.

This ROM is now my daily driver! Kudos to @hashcode and all the devs. It was certainly worth the wait. I still can't believe how much faster it boots up, even with a bunch of TiBu Apps/Data restored..

Many thanks,

Bruce
27th February 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #1126  
Flag New Iberia, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 72

544 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarlock

It looks like my last issue is related to the Camera, so it already may be a known issue, but I can't seem to scan any QR codes. Haven't tried regular barcodes, but I would guess probably the same.. I'm sure this is known, but thought I would mention it if its not.

This ROM is now my daily driver! Kudos to @hashcode and all the devs. It was certainly worth the wait. I still can't believe how much faster it boots up, even with a bunch of TiBu Apps/Data restored..

Many thanks,

Bruce

in the camera thread, he said it causes a memory leak, thus making the phone rendered almost but usable, so its been disabled for now till he can figure it out
27th February 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #1127  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 14

127 posts
More
Just switch over to ICS. It working well at the moment.

I had some weird battery stuff, but wiped the battery stats and that's fix.

I can't seem to play wma files (most notifications seem to be wma). Is this a known issue? (I did a search for wma but didn't find anything).

PS: I'll use this for a week and if it ticks the boxes I'll be making a donation!
28th February 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #1128  
Thanks Meter: 11

36 posts
[QUOTE=jediman;23036218]I had only like 89 apps. All default (incl gapps) and only one downloaded app, which was the paid koush d3 boot strap

I swear its been 15 mins already, wth.
Should I install rom, reboot and then add my account?
Not trying to let it restore, but I wonder if that's part of it?

Does it only do this once or each reboot?

Never noticed this much of an issue with the Xoom when I upgraded it to ICS.[/QUOTE

I had the same issue...no matter how long I left it, after it optimized it just kept saying upgrading the updating. I think I wasn't paying attention and I have been swapping out installs with safestrap. A data/cache wipe and fresh flash of beta and google apps and reboot without any of the optimizing or anything and everything is good to go. Out of curiosity were you flashing from a GB rom? I think I might have flashed MAV over my CM9A7 safe while swapping and didn't data/cache wipe,

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App
Last edited by atlantanetworkguy; 28th February 2012 at 01:30 AM.
28th February 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #1129  
Thanks Meter: 11

36 posts
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-battery-life/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manytoys

Just switch over to ICS. It working well at the moment.

I had some weird battery stuff, but wiped the battery stats and that's fix.

I can't seem to play wma files (most notifications seem to be wma). Is this a known issue? (I did a search for wma but didn't find anything).

PS: I'll use this for a week and if it ticks the boxes I'll be making a donation!

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App
28th February 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #1130  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
I've noticed Pandora FCs when connected to Microsoft SYNC via Bluetooth. I think I noticed it first during Alpha #6, or whenever it was first noted that "Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)." I'm assuming it's related to that issue, but wanted to mention it just in case.

Also, it doesn't FC if Bluetooth is on and not connected. I haven't been able to test what happens when connected to other devices.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread