Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Tip us?

Endoroid
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
...and it's not even close to stable either. In everyone's opinion what is the best ROM for the Droid 3 that actually works? I am on maverick and I would describe it as"ok"...

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA
Im enjoying eclipse 3.0. Comes in a couple flavours of overclock and is pretty stable. Liberty is a good rom, its been abandoned it seems but its pretty damn good anyways

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

DoubleYouPee
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoman00 View Post
for anyone interested in the state of development of cm9 for droid 3, hash posted an update on his blog:

http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/

looking pretty bleak for us seems as though cm7 will most likely be our only hope for a fully functional camera/hd codecs
He's talking about this 1GB issue thing..where it's all coded for 1GB. And that the only device with 512mb and ICS is Archos Gen9.
What about the nexus S? It has 512mb RAM and ICS... I asked this on his blog as well

swordrune10
Old
Thanks Meter 675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYouPee View Post
He's talking about this 1GB issue thing..where it's all coded for 1GB. And that the only device with 512mb and ICS is Archos Gen9.
What about the nexus S? It has 512mb RAM and ICS... I asked this on his blog as well
Nexus S is Exynos 3.. all this has to do with it being OMAP4.. im not exactly sure but ics isnt limited at 1 GB of memory, its just has to do with the SoC and it's limitations.. at least thats my assumption..

ovelayer
Old
Thanks Meter 356
1. eclipse 3.0
2.mavrom
3.liberty (dont laugh its stable as heck)
4.steel droid

bogdan_wrc
Old
Thanks Meter 48
and when you say BEST rom, what do you mean? what points of reference do you take? fast, stable, responsive,safe, customizable...?

ovelayer
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan_wrc View Post
and when you say BEST rom, what do you mean? what points of reference do you take? fast, stable, responsive,safe, customizable...?
yup
The Following User Says Thank You to ovelayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billyhoyle13
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovelayer View Post
1. eclipse 3.0
2.mavrom
3.liberty (dont laugh its stable as heck)
4.steel droid
Accurate ranking - Liberty was the tits for a while and Eclipse is the shiz.

jediman
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Boss surprised me with a free nexus upgrade @ work. My boss is the bees knees. Will be saying by to d3 on Monday!

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jediman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hobox10
Old
Thanks Meter 27
So in your guys' opinions, what rom do you think is best in terms of stability and reliability as the number 1 most important feature, but while still performing smoothly.

Would it be best to stay on stock? I'm asking because my parents have complained about their phones (both have D3) sometimes freezing or slowing down a bit. Obviously they don't need anything flashy or customizable.

Also, I've read about ICS not being real ICS on the D3, or something like that? Bluetooth not working?

Calen77
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Yeah...

No droid3 ICS rom with bluetoth...

Câmara only for images, not vídeos ...

TIomap3 needs 1g Ram to work ...

It's a shame.

Sad, but TRUE...

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium