Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Advise (WM or Android)

Tip us?

dreamerman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Advise (WM or Android)

I have a HTC TyTn II P4550 gathering dust in my drawer. It has WM6.1, unlocked and untouched. I gave it up a year ago because the call quality is low and chews up battery. A standard 1350mAh fully charged battery won't last for 12 hours with no internet surfing and less than 60mins talk time. So I dusted off my old Blackberry Pearl 8110 and use it instead. What can I do to revive my HTC? I am not afraid to brick it as it is currently unused anyway.

lohtse
Old
Thanks Meter 41
with shifu rom 4.3 (WM 6.5.5) I get upto 4 days of general use (wifi,data,gps,camera. gaming etc) out of my kaiser.... Give it a try and see as call quality is great as is system in general...

As to Android..Have dual boot and android is ok but prefer wm6.5 as droid is there just so don't always have to take my personal phone with me all the time(its a droid phone) so means can keep work data and personal separate and be able to use best of both as required...
Primary devices:-
HTC Desire s rooted with DS ICE rom
HTC ONE V rooted, Ignorance V5 rom
ZTE Blade 2 with custom rom
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2,Stock
Nokia Lumia 520 dev unlocked,WMP8.1
HTC TYTN 2 6.5 shifu V4.3 WWE ROM
1 x Samsung Tab 2 7"Stock modded rom
1 x Advent Vega,Vega Bean
Secondary:-
Way to many but include,
68 Psions,Palms,WinMo's,Android

brickedkaiser
Old
(Last edited by brickedkaiser; 2nd January 2012 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Using the same windows rom here, Shifu 4.3 seems to be the more stable and usable rom around.
Remember to update your radio version too, use always the latest versions, tried android on my phone, looks great, but couldn`t get it to be stable.

(little note on the use of shifu rom, remember to delete any unnecessary SMS you got to your phone, after some months of use, if not deleted your phone might get a lot slower because of them)

Also, previous user, would you please specify the radio you are using, because I usually charge my kaiser everyday or every 2 days, would like to learn your trick. (only complaint I can ever have about this phone is that it is quite slow to change from 3g to EDGE and vice-versa, as I live in a place with phone signal not that strong everywhere)
Kaiser revived after ~1300 badblocks on android install - only 2 remained
Task2a and frankenkaiser did the trick, postmortem trauma solved with brilliant help of massivekid, and some courage!
Radio: 1.71.09...
hardspl: 3.34
rom:shifu v4.3