Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Advise (WM or Android)

OP dreamerman

2nd January 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
I have a HTC TyTn II P4550 gathering dust in my drawer. It has WM6.1, unlocked and untouched. I gave it up a year ago because the call quality is low and chews up battery. A standard 1350mAh fully charged battery won't last for 12 hours with no internet surfing and less than 60mins talk time. So I dusted off my old Blackberry Pearl 8110 and use it instead. What can I do to revive my HTC? I am not afraid to brick it as it is currently unused anyway.
2nd January 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Where ever they send Me!!
Thanks Meter: 43

945 posts
More
with shifu rom 4.3 (WM 6.5.5) I get upto 4 days of general use (wifi,data,gps,camera. gaming etc) out of my kaiser.... Give it a try and see as call quality is great as is system in general...

As to Android..Have dual boot and android is ok but prefer wm6.5 as droid is there just so don't always have to take my personal phone with me all the time(its a droid phone) so means can keep work data and personal separate and be able to use best of both as required...
3rd January 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
More
Using the same windows rom here, Shifu 4.3 seems to be the more stable and usable rom around.
Remember to update your radio version too, use always the latest versions, tried android on my phone, looks great, but couldn`t get it to be stable.

(little note on the use of shifu rom, remember to delete any unnecessary SMS you got to your phone, after some months of use, if not deleted your phone might get a lot slower because of them)

Also, previous user, would you please specify the radio you are using, because I usually charge my kaiser everyday or every 2 days, would like to learn your trick. (only complaint I can ever have about this phone is that it is quite slow to change from 3g to EDGE and vice-versa, as I live in a place with phone signal not that strong everywhere)
Last edited by brickedkaiser; 3rd January 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread