Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q&A For GTabCombOver

Tip us?

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb 1.2bl branch

Not any any way to conflict with Rajeevvp - he is WAAAY smarter than me on this thing. (We owe a LOT to him for his knowledge and assistance on the GTab.) I am sure that he is absolutely correct about the stability level of the two versions of this ROM being equal regardless of the bootloader (1.1 or 1.2).

However it is a fact that most Honeycomb/ICS development now is on the 1.2bl branch. That means that when you switch over, your options for different ROMs is enlarged greatly. This ROM is the only HC ROM, that I am aware of, that still offers the option of flashing onto a 1.1bl.

BTW, when you do switch, it is a good idea to be sure that you NVFlash with an image that will enlarge the system partition. Some ROMs (notably Flashback) require the System partition to be larger than the stock Tap-n-Tap provided.

To get it right, try my "NVFlash for Dummies" article here: http://raywaldo.com/2011/01/nvflash-for-dummies/
Also, see my partitioning article here: http://raywaldo.com/2011/07/format-the-gtab/

rajeevvp
Old
Thanks Meter 406
I think it bears repeating here what ROM devs/maintainers already know (but, which all regular users may not): Only kernels (both in ROM and in recovery) care about the bootloader version; ROMs don't.

So you can install, let's say, a 1.2 only ROM on a 1.1 bootloader, if you flash a 1.1 kernel immediately afterwards--or vice-versa. It is similarly not difficult to change the kernel and keep whatever version of recovery you have--CWM is just a program which, again, doesn't care about bootloader versions.
The Following User Says Thank You to rajeevvp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevvp View Post
I think it bears repeating here what ROM devs/maintainers already know (but, which all regular users may not): Only kernels (both in ROM and in recovery) care about the bootloader version; ROMs don't.

So you can install, let's say, a 1.2 only ROM on a 1.1 bootloader, if you flash a 1.1 kernel immediately afterwards--or vice-versa. It is similarly not difficult to change the kernel and keep whatever version of recovery you have--CWM is just a program which, again, doesn't care about bootloader versions.
Thanks for the additional info.

cgingermany
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Talking bl1....

OK understood. So for now I'm good but consider switching so that I may have more options' got it. If which ever ICS comes out that's the bootloader ill check. For now this is running smooth I would hate to try and update and break the nice flow this rom has so far :) thank you for the info. And thanks for the great rom.
There is Strong, then there is ARMY STRONG!

Viewsonic G Tab!
[ROM-AOSP][BL-1.2]G-Harmony ICS 4.0.4 ODEXed(UPDATED 6/4)
8GB Class 6 Kingston MSD

HTC Sensation!!
S-Off-line w/ every ROM I catch-up to
8GB class 6

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III rooted
32 GB sdhc Class10

downtown711
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does this ROM support USB game controllers, such as the xbox 360 wired controller?

Thanks for making such an awesome ROM for us to enjoy, keep up the good work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

rajeevvp
Old
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown711 View Post
Does this ROM support USB game controllers, such as the xbox 360 wired controller?
See if this works.

mikaole
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Big thanks for bringing my favorite Rom back to live.
Works fantastic on my Hanns.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikaole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryou057
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am a Japanese, Zpad T2 (built-in GPS) uses a.
Launch Google Maps, and why black out the screen after a while and then restart it.
Also, I tried using a software called GPS Test, but after a while, unable to get a GPS.
After that choose the Japanese language, so there is something to be displayed in English, I want you to respond to the Japanese.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryou057 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rajeevvp
Old
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryou057 View Post
Launch Google Maps, and why black out the screen after a while and then restart it.
Other users have reported the same problem on other ROMs with Google Maps 6.x. Uninstall whatever you currently have and install one of the older 5.x versions. Try this one.

Quote:
Also, I tried using a software called GPS Test, but after a while, unable to get a GPS.
Is GPS Test showing your location correctly at first and then failing, or is it not showing your location at all?

ryou057
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevvp View Post
Is GPS Test showing your location correctly at first and then failing, or is it not showing your location at all?
Location does not point anywhere.
So the GPS signal level is 0, not received at all.
What other tablets that can be received?
Thank you.