Originally Posted by dateno1
it not work on 64ibt OS
I know this thread's a bit old, but it came up on Google for me when I was trying to figure out how to set up my EVO 4G as a secondary display, so I figured I'd share my findings here.
The iDisplay application itself had no problem whatsoever running on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop. The problem lies in the Android drivers.
You need to download the Android SDK and install the Google USB Drivers package within that. Once the SDK is properly installed and your device is plugged in and in debugging mode, you'll need to go into Device Manager and find your "Unknown Device" or "Android Phone" (with the little (!) overlay on its icon) and right-click it to update its drivers. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software", "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", select "Mobile Devices" from the list, click "Next", and click "Have Disk". Browse to where you installed the Android SDK and within there, browse to extras\google\usb_driver . With any luck, it will give you a couple of warnings, and then "Android Composite ADB Interface" will appear in the list -- select it, confirm the unsigned driver warning, and your phone is now properly installed! (see note at bottom)
Once it's installed, restart iDisplay on the computer so it can "see" the phone properly, then select "USB Connection" from iDisplay on the device. Voila!
: If Windows complains that the specified location does not contain drivers for the hardware when you browse to the usb_drivers folder, you may have to go to that folder and edit the .inf file. First, check the Properties of your "Unknown Device" in Device Manager, go to the "Details" tab, and select the "Hardware IDs" property -- jot down the line that has just "VID" and "PID" (and "MI", if it's there) in it. Now in the .inf file, under the [Google.NTamd64]
header, duplicate one of the lines (I borrowed from the "HTC Magic" line, replacing USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_01
with the line you wrote down from the device properties. In the case of my EVO 4G, I added the following:
; HTC EVO 4G
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C8D&MI_01
Now when you attempt to install the driver, Windows should be happy (other than the unsigned driver complaints)!
Hope this helps someone out there