i present to u the first custom kernel for the HTC JetStream!
i have developed kernels for Xperia X10, Xperia ARC, Xperia PLAY, Huawei Ideos X6, Samsung Galaxy SL, Kindle Fire, HTC Flyer and now i bring u my kernel for HTC JetStream!!! this is my first kernel for a MSM8x60 (Snapdragon S3 device)..
i dont have this device with me and so it was a pain getting this kernel working without device in hand but thanks to the testers it was possible!!!
special thanks to: bmw-boy, nmyseteroious & Russ741 for testing it out on their tablets!
[ disclaimer ]
OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
U HAVE BEEN WARNED!
I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP
[ features ]
- CPU overclocked to 2.052 Ghz
- CPU underclocked to 192 Mhz
- GPU overclocked to 320 Mhz
- for safe booting CPU is capped at bootup to 1.536GHz/384MHz (max/min)
- slightly undervolted (atleast for stock frequencies)
- uses LZMA compression
- added lots of fixing/patches (including CPU HOTPLUG notifications/CPU unaligned access) thanks to faux132
- VDD CPU voltage control (@ /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels)
- compiled using Snapdragon optimizations
- PERFLOCK disabled
- SWAP enabled
- enabled few file systems support:
- insecure kernel (ro.secure=0 & USB debugging enabled by default)
- /system mounted as RW
[ credits for features ]
- most of the stuff in this kernel is based on the work by faux132 and showp1984 on their HTC Sensation kernel!
thank you all for ur work!
[ requirements ]
- stock HTC JetStream ROM (or ROMs based on it)
- bootloader unlocked
- working recovery
- android app for overclocking like SetCPU (paid) or NoFrills CPU Control (free)
- VDD control app: IncrediControl
- [OPTIONAL] CIFS Manager (free)
- [OPTIONAL] Swapper 2 (free)
[ how to install my kernel ]
- download the provided kernel image & wifi module (zip file)
- save the wifi module (zip file) to external sdcard
- reboot device into fastboot mode (adb reboot bootloader)
- flash my kernel using (fastboot flash boot kernelname.img)
- reboot device (fastboot reboot)
- enter recovery (adb reboot recovery)
- flash the wifi module (zip file) via recovery (install zip from sdcard)
- reboot phone and enjoy the kernel
- start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur device (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
- now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
- DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
- SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours
- during testing never set "SET ON BOOT" option of these apps... u might get stuck in bootloops...
[ my kernel sources ]
[ donations ]
if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
PAYPAL DONATION LINK
[ downloads ]
[JetStream] DooMKernel v01 (mirror)
Wifi Module (mirror)