Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

process com.android.camera stopped unexpectedly

Tip us?

nismoasfuh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default process com.android.camera stopped unexpectedly

Hey guys, so my camera has never worked for me with cm7 and the platypus kernel im running currently. It didn't bother me because i had my trusty ipod to take all my videos. But now, my ipod was robbed from me and i need to get this working on my phone. Plain and simple my camera app icon isn't even there. It just shows the app where it used to be and now it has an android logo. I want my camera/video recording back!! please help..

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Do those other camera apps work? Use those, or reflash CM7 on top of current install

Sent from my ICS i897 Captivate
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 / Android L + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

nismoasfuh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
yes those other apps do work. but they have no video recording. If there was an app with video recording i would do that. Buuuuuuut i really did like the stock one. So re flashing cm7 will definitely fix this? Any other way?

studacris
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4068

DONATE TO ME
Grab that apk from the ROM in/system/app and paste it in with a root file explorer on your phone. Then reboot.
What's the best nation on Earth?
DONATION!
The Following User Says Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nismoasfuh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
found the apk through root explorer at where u said. Where do i past it now though?

4-2ndtwin
Old
(Last edited by 4-2ndtwin; 6th January 2012 at 04:17 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
Copy the .apk to your phone from your pc, then move it to /system/app with Root Explorer (don't forget to mount R/W).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

studacris
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4068

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoasfuh View Post
found the apk through root explorer at where u said. Where do i past it now though?
Sorry...yeah, goes in the same place.
The folder structure in a ROM zip is where all of it goes when it flashes (except the updates folder, that contains the kernel and modem)

As stated above make sure you guy the little button on the top right of root explorer to mount r/w BEFORE you paste.
What's the best nation on Earth?
DONATION!
The Following User Says Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nismoasfuh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
i am so sorry for being so ignorant. But how do i get the apk from my computer? i see the camera.apk with its icon in my system/apps/ folder.

nismoasfuh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
sorry about that. Guess i brain farted. re download newest cm7 got the camera apk. put it from my comp to my phone. didnt have to reboot just had to install it. working perfect thanks guys!!

nismoasfuh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
okay well i did this and it got fixed. Buuuuuut every time i reboot the phone the problem comes back and i have to reinstall the app every time. Any way to fix this or do i just have to reinstall the apk every time i wanna use my camera?