Originally Posted by anthony411
I'm a newbie using a Vega Racer IM-A770K. Could you step by step guide me how to upgrade S/W, how to enter recovery mode.....
Thanks you so much !!!!
Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K utilities
To go into RECOVERY MODE
1. Turn off phone
2. Simultaneously press:
VOLUME DOWN BUTTON
Lastly POWER BUTTON
3. Release all three buttons when the SKY VEGA boot logo appears
4. When Android character w/ white triangle (with exclamation point inside) appears, press the MENU soft key (lower left side of the phone’s front face). The Android system recovery menu should appear
5. To choose a function, use the up/down volume buttons on the left side of the phone
6. To select and activate a function, press the SKY soft key
To go into Soft/Ware download mode
1. Turn of phone
2. Simultaneously press:
VOLUME UP button
And lastly press the POWER button
3. S/W Upgrading will now flash on the screen
To upgrade firmware to version 1.47, you first need to download and install the USB drivers. You can get it directly from this site:
Or from the Sky site:
When you reach the above page, there will be a java script with two identically sized boxes (Ignore the smaller box beneath the right box). Clicking the right side box will bring up the download box. Save file to computer.
4. After you have installed the drivers, test your phone’s connection to the computer to initially determine all the required drivers were installed properly. But before doing this, make sure that you have activated USB DEBUGGING on your phone.
>usb debugging (must be checked)
5. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer v9, proceed to this page:
Notice when that page opens, it will prompt you to install ACTIVE X. Allow that installation to proceed.
6. After ACTIVE X has been installed, notice on the left side there is a phrase noting USB with some Korean characters. Underneath that phrase is a clickable rectangular PINK box. If that box is instead colored gray with a rotating circle, that might mean ACTIVE X did not load or install properly. Or you might be using a different browser or maybe something else. Notice the GRAY box is NOT clickable.
7. Clicking the PINK box will turn it into a progressing lavender bar. At this point, put phone into S/W download mode (volume up/ search /power buttons) and connect the A770k to the computer. Notice the characters on top of the progress bar may change and at this point there is communication between the phone and the Sky download site. It may take a few minutes for the phone to establish a download connection between Sky’s services. Once a connection is established, the characters above the progress bar will turn into a progressing percentage bar starting from 1% and ending into 100%.
There will be two phases of the progressing percentage bar. The first phase is downloading the software while the second is loading the v1.47 software into the phone. After the 2nd phase, the phone will automatically reboot. The first phase will depend who slow or fast your internet connection is. My download took around an hour.
As most tutorials here at XDA say, I take no responsibility if something goes bad after performing the above procedure. Do at your own risk. I’ve done this twice and so far so good.