[TOOL][Updated 5.9.12]viperMOD PrimeTime v4.6 | Auto Root/Unroot/Busybox/CMW Flash!

OP -viperboy-

23rd January 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #501  
Thanks Meter: 808

4,245 posts
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkline

I got my 64GB from Amazon today... followed your steps and was rooted within 10 minutes from unboxing. It worked Great.... Downloaded rootkeeper and that worked Great. Updated the firmware to ICS 4.0.3 and that went worked fine.....

Now... what do I do with the f@#$% Wifi...... that will not stay connected??? Waited 6 weeks for Amazon to send me this unit.... Why... Why...

Anyone else having wifi signal drop? I can connect but in a very short time it loses signal. The only way to keep it working is to shut down wifi and restart. I've done that 30 times in the last hour.

Was this the case prior to ICS update? Seems like software issue to me. My new one from hhgregg has a weaker wifi than my BB one I returned but I'm not sure I want to update to 11.1 yet in fear I might run into more issues.
23rd January 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #502  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,926

3,711 posts
More
Finally got my 64GB in today as well. Came with Honeycomb. Installed drivers, and rooted via option #2.

F.Y.I. I tried option 1 on honeycomb and had no joy.

In the process of backing up root and updating now.
24th January 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #503  
Flag ---= THE JAW =--- SK
Thanks Meter: 25

495 posts
Quote:

I got my 64GB from Amazon today... followed your steps and was rooted within 10 minutes from unboxing. It worked Great.... Downloaded rootkeeper and that worked Great. Updated the firmware to ICS 4.0.3 and that went worked fine.....

Now... what do I do with the f@#$% Wifi...... that will not stay connected??? Waited 6 weeks for Amazon to send me this unit.... Why... Why...

Anyone else having wifi signal drop? I can connect but in a very short time it loses signal. The only way to keep it working is to shut down wifi and restart. I've done that 30 times in the last hour.

Wifi seems sporadic with the Prime, my 32GB US model has ran like a champ. In fact wifi and gps have both been great. I knew about the issues before I got my Prime, so I wasn't expecting much when I got it, due to aluminum back panel.
Obviously most of these issues can be attributed to the hardware design, so it doesn't matter where or when you got your Prime. I originally pre-ordered the 64GB, grew tired of waiting and settled for the 32GB model. The issues of wifi and gps seem to be divided amongst Prime owners, some are perfectly happy, others are extremely disappointed.
TF700T will address these issues and I will buy one when it eventualy hits the market. Unfortunately until then, we just have to put up with the problems.
24th January 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #504  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 795

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz

TF700T will address these issues and I will buy one when it eventualy hits the market. Unfortunately until then, we just have to put up with the problems.

You can hope that it will be fixed by the plastic back, but based on the prelim tests on it that I have read it has not changed the GPS lock speed much if at all.
24th January 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #505  
Thanks Meter: 1

81 posts
No wifi issues at all on my home network but it was hell on the office wifi

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
24th January 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #506  
Thanks Meter: 57

172 posts
Same thing here. Send it back and buy a tablet that works correctly or wait for the new transformer in Q2
Quote:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
24th January 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #507  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 795

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No wifi issues at all on my home network but it was hell on the office wifi

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

I have a similar experience. The wifi works excellent at home, but walking down the hall at work it does not switch access points as smoothly as other devices do. Requiring me to stop for a while in order to establish the connection.
24th January 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #508  
Thanks Meter: 63

992 posts
Would this method work with the beta ota rom ending in 9.4.2.11.1?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
24th January 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #509  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ch7

I feel really silly updating my Prime to ICS before rooting. Stupidity on my part thinking that the warning regarding the latest OTA was a warning to the 11.1 beta update and not the official OTA update.

I guess I'll have to patiently for a new root method.

In other news, the program was dead simple to use and pretty nice.

Welcome to the party, sucks huh. Has me studying exploits.
24th January 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #510  
Flag Bamberg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 448

2,482 posts
Donate to Me
More
I never realised how much I needed root until now! Mine was updated with the files from Asus webpage because I couldn't get the update ota. Oh well will be watching!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread