[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 for Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 - Now with WiMAX!
CRISIS AVERTED. NIGHTLY-9 IS EXPECTED TO BE SAFE. NORMAL PRECAUTIONS APPLY.
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT. THANK YOU.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
QBKing77 was kind enough to produce a couple of videos about Epic's CM7
Please note that these were done before WiMAX was released.
How to Install
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Epic (or coming from another ROM)?
- Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery
- Do a Nandroid backup!
- Install the ROM
- Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
The current buglist:
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Native tethering does not work with WiMAX. Enabling either WiFi or USB tether will disconnect WiMAX until tether is turned off. Third-party wifi tethering apps are known to work.
- WiMAX Toggle Widget is Broken.
Attempting to use it may cause the notification bar to force-close. You can disable the widget entirely in the CyanogenMod Settings menu.
WiMAX can be managed through the Wireless & Networks system setting screen.
NOTE: There is a third-party WiMAX Toggle Widget on the Android Market. It is not free, but has been reported to work on NS4G. Work toward implementing a functioning native toggle widget is ongoing.
NIGHTLIES. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- WiMAX (uberpinguin, mkasick, wispoffates)
- Fixed camcorder media profiles for smoother recording and better auto white balance. Also adds "HD" profile. (Decad3nce)
- Torch toggle button in PowerWidget (noobnl)
- New WiFi driver from Aries kernel. Fixes native WiFi Hotspot and toggle button.
: ddb0c474d8fbf2e8711938b903f7ce0b update-cm7.2.0-RC0-Epic-WiMAX-signed.zip
Download google applications
Google Talk with video addon
- Mirror 0 courtesy of Rodderik in irc.irondust.net/#epic.
- Mirror 1 courtesy of bonsaikitten and dev.gentooexperimental.org.
- Mirror 2 courtesy of Hydr0p0nX from irc.irondust.net/#epic.
- Mirror 3 courtesy of Facebonez in irc.irondust.net/#epic.
- Mirror 4 courtesy of likewhoa in irc.freenode.net/#gentoo-chat
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
- Fixed brightness control (noobnl)
- WiFi Hotspot (decad3nce, noobnl, uberpinguin)
- Fixed bad cached download mounts (noobnl)
- Fixed overlay for video encoding/decoding (decad3nce & noobnl)
- Fixed e911(mkasick)
- Fixed most of the dhcpd cluster****(a couple more issues left)
- Fixed init.d
- Fixed cache errors
- Fixed issues with logwrapper
- Stage1/Stage2 inits
- Updates from upstream
- Backup/Restore fixed
- Updated prebuilt modules
- Compiled kernel from source MAJOR THANKS to mkasick and Rodderik
- Fixed torch overlay
- Fixed MMS overlay
- Fixed incoming call routing
- Fixed mic feedback/whistling
- Adjusted APN for MMS - receiving works, sending fixed
- Fixed application notification LED based on a tip from DRockstar
- Fixed haptic feedback with a patch from jt1134
I recommend using the EI22 modem.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom is a result of many tiring hours from Decad3nce, noobnl, jt1134, Uberpinguin, nubecoder, mkasick, nullghost, dameon78, wispofattes, DRockstar, and many many other contributors.