Post Reply

(BOOTLOADER UNLOCK SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN) Operation: Mosh

OP miffy4

6th January 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
It was on the xda news page the other day.

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID X2
7th January 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #22  
motcher41's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brainerd, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,276
 
3,408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlesword

I believe that we should have this posted on every phones forum because it's not just for us that it will benefit but it would benefit everyone and for me I wouldn't have to wait on a phone to see if it's dev friendly or just another red headed step child.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

I tried. A mod went and removed all of them but one and gave me a ban warning.
I had reposted in ever phones general forum
Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
Last edited by motcher41; 7th January 2012 at 02:13 AM.
7th January 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Meter: 18
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motcher41

I tried. A mod went and removed all of them but one and gave me a ban warning.
I had reposted in ever phones general forum
Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

WOW...didn't expect that. That's pretty upsetting.
7th January 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #24  
Stuckinabox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Posting on all phones' forums is a bit much, we just need it on the moto section of all sites.
7th January 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #25  
T3HBR1AN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 19
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Its cross posting. Pretty much every forum I've been on frowns upon it.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.
7th January 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #26  
motcher41's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brainerd, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,276
 
3,408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinabox

Posting on all phones' forums is a bit much, we just need it on the moto section of all sites.

Im not aware of a moto section on xda. I don't see an issue with posting it in all the moto phone general forums

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
7th January 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #27  
motcher41's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brainerd, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,276
 
3,408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3HBR1AN

Its cross posting. Pretty much every forum I've been on frowns upon it.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.

The problem I have with it is it has to do with all moto users. Not just one. It belongs in all moto phone general forums. I guess everyone should pick a phone and post it there. They can't say anything about that since all the posts will be unique

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
7th January 2012, 08:33 AM   |  #28  
T3HBR1AN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 19
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I was doing some work tonight so I took an opportunity to do some benchmarking. I compared two Tegra 2 devices: the Xoom and the Droid X2. The Xoom is running a Tiamat Katana Kernel and slight debloating. The X2 runs Eclipse v1.3 with the mashup build.prop.

This is the two side by side.



This is the Xoom. It scored 7195.



This is the X2. It scored 4880.



I know this isnt a super scientific method or anything but I think it shows how much these devices are being held back by the locked bootloader.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.
Last edited by T3HBR1AN; 7th January 2012 at 08:36 AM.
7th January 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #29  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254
 
939 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3HBR1AN

I was doing some work tonight so I took an opportunity to do some benchmarking. I compared two Tegra 2 devices: the Xoom and the Droid X2. The Xoom is running a Tiamat Katana Kernel and slight debloating. The X2 runs Eclipse v1.3 with the mashup build.prop.

This is the two side by side.



This is the Xoom. It scored 7195.



This is the X2. It scored 4880.



I know this isnt a super scientific method or anything but I think it shows how much these devices are being held back by the locked bootloader.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.

Your xoom is also running @ 1.7 ghz lol. Run it at stock and then compare. Not to mention HC has a lot of performance updates. I would say with unlocked bootloader we should expect that 4k score to go to like 5.5k

Edit: Your OC is making a world of a difference. Your score is being held back by CPU, Ram, your SD card. The Graphics performance on the X2 actually scores higher than the xoom (probably due to resolution difference) I would love to see how my barebones v2 compares though.
Last edited by aceoyame; 7th January 2012 at 02:55 PM.
7th January 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoyame

Your xoom is also running @ 1.7 ghz lol. Run it at stock and then compare.

Isn't that the point? You can't do that with an X2 because of the locked bootloader. At least not as far as I know. I myself am not all that big on overclocking but given the right kernel the X2 is certainly capable of it. Seems to me that would translate into the X2 being held back from performing like it can because of the locked bootloader.


Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes