Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 37,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Honeybar upgrade ....

Tip us?

nikhiltanwar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Smile [Q] Honeybar upgrade ....

can honeybar be upgraded ? it takes up a lot of space.... can v utilise that space...like samsung did in touchwiz UI ... they paced a shortcut button on honeybar in center(as in image)
is there any app that can do?
can it be added to sense?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	842348  

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4

gedster314
Old
Thanks Meter 112
I hear you on that. I would love to have the app drawer on the bottom. I also hate the app switcher and the lack of clear all notifications. IMO it does seem to run a little better then GB and overall am liking it better more then I thought.

nikhiltanwar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
well touchwiz has done a good job... actually when u touch on the small arroe pointed in the picture... we get 5-6 nice shortcuts... that is something HTC sense lacks.... is there any app fo tat?

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
First, this area of the screen is not called "honeybar" ,its the system bar. Honeybar is a 3rd party applications.
Second, I must be missing something, isn't exactly what the system bar does on the flyer when you touch the right corner?
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

bsoplinger
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
First, this area of the screen is not called "honeybar" ,its the system bar. Honeybar is a 3rd party applications.
Second, I must be missing something, isn't exactly what the system bar does on the flyer when you touch the right corner?
+1

As in I thought that looked just like stock Honeycomb right corner touch.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

n7of9
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhiltanwar View Post
well touchwiz has done a good job... actually when u touch on the small arroe pointed in the picture... we get 5-6 nice shortcuts... that is something HTC sense lacks.... is there any app fo tat?
wizzbar
https://market.android.com/details?i...nowbee.wizzbar
The Following User Says Thank You to n7of9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamus28
Old
Thanks Meter 266
These are my major gripes with the bar. I would love if these could be addressed in an app or rom.

-When notifications appear, instead of occupying the space next to the time and battery indicator, they cover it up. This makes the settings popup unclickable.
-Notifications can't be "cleared all"
-The background task button is no more useful than holding the home button in GB
-The settings popup can't be customized
-CM7 has an option to hold the back button to kill the current process. The same type of behavior would be indispensable when an app freezes.

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1,188
I can't agree about the background task button. It is much more effective for me.then long pressing home on gb. I can switch through three apps before you could switch one.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

nikhiltanwar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7of9 View Post
exactly i was looking for this ... thnx man...

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4

nikhiltanwar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
i agree with the name mistake but i was toking bout different thing... touchwiz has shortcut button in center of system bar and i think that is way better than wasting space without anything... jus check out wizzbar or see some video of "touchwiz UI on HC"

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4