[FIX] Bionic (Boot FAILURE) & (CDT FAILURE)

Search This thread

fxmech

Nov 5, 2011
Appleton
fxmech.com
Megaupload Servers

Nevermind.
A majority of the pieces i need are already on my computer - the rest are in my brains from know-how picked up previously when breaking my BIONIC.

I'm glad nobody has to explain to me how this works again.

The Megaupload servers aren't coming back soon, if you ask me.

Can I get a mirror up for the OP links? :confused:

I can provide a mirror, so long as we don't break the server. First things first, getting those files...
-----
Posted with my PC next to my bricked Droid Bionic via the web browser.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2011
Geneva
I am currently looking for an alternate way to upload these files again. I will also be naming a revision to the OP to accommodate new info and methods. If anybody knows of a good host let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my super awesome Kindle Fire running CM7 with Tapatalk

Last edited:

Feyerman

Mar 15, 2008
Anyone willing to mirror the files needed so I can give this route a try?

In all my flashing attempts my webtop version is too old and isnt allowing me to use the mouse or keyboard. I need to try and figure a way to update the webtop image.

I am running eclipse 2.1 now and it runs great other than in my lapdock then it doesnt fully load into the webtop mode. I have done the webtop hack its just my version is WT 1.3.0-105_DBN-1 when most are on DBN-24...

Any help fixing this would be fantastic!

Dec 4, 2011
Geneva
Need a little help here. The one site that I have found that will support the file size fails during the upload. If anybody knows of any hosting sites I would appreciate it. Thanks.

ryanmgarvey1

Jun 16, 2010
Having same issues with web links ...does anyone know of another route. I was rooted, tried to update to 901 and ren into problems.,.used a link off root wiki which brought me back to stock but when I updated radio it gave me these errors. I've tried every link/download I know of through rd lite but isn't allowing me to complete...fail errors most frequently for image files. Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you

kushang9928

Dec 26, 2013
surat
Would you please reupload the files?

Okay so I have noticed that there are still some people out there having issues with either going back from Update .901 or have dropped into a (Boot Failure) mode and cannot find a solution. I have decided to post up what works for me. Mind you I have personally and purposely bricked my Bionic multiple times to ensure that this works. However:

I am in no way responsible for any permanent damage you do to your phone. If you have an issue I will do the best I can to assist as I’m sure the rest of the members will. But you take full responsibility for anything you decide to attempt.

While some of you have been able to use the one click method provided by , some of you can’t follow through with the fix due to the (Boot Failure) or (CDT Failure). I have changed some of the files in the One Click method provided by. These files worked for me multiple times but I cannot gauruntee they will do the same for you. But if you are brave enough giver er hell.

Step One: Download these files. You will need all three if you want to go through to .901. Each update is labeled as such to limit the confusion. Once downloaded move all folders to your desktop and unzip the CDT file ONLY!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZ4AC6ML

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XE1OFOM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TSYCAFP4

Step Two: Plug your Bionic in via USB. Once plugged in you can either boot into Fastboot mode by holding the POWER + VOLUME DOWN. If you are in (CDT Failure) you won’t be able to reach fast boot but that’s okay. In fact “Fastboot” mode isn’t necessary as long as you are in one of these error screens.

Step Three: Open the folder labeled “CDT_BOOT_FIX” and double click “EVERYTHING”. The system will begin running the install of the files contained. ALL FILES SHOULD SUCCEED. Not one of these files should fail and in the event one does please post so we may figure it out together.

Edit: You will need to also download this and place it into the unzipped CDT folder:
Sorry I must have forgotten to add it originally when composing the file.

Step Four: Once the files have finished running, reboot your Bionic. You should now have a running system. YOU ARE NOT FINISHED YET, so please pay attention. Failure to do so will only cause you to go through this again.

Step Five: Move the Update files (893 if you only want to go that far or 893 and 901 to go all the way) to your SD card. Make sure both files are on the root of the SD card. Now shut down your phone.

Step Five: Boot into recovery and choose “Update Zip on SD Card”. Choose the 893 file and click okay. Your phone will now install the 893 update. Reboot. STILL NOT DONE. As noted below if you plan to go to the .901 update then you can skip step six and just flash both the 893 and 901 one right after the other. If only going to 893 then proceed to step six.

Step Six: Your phone will now boot into “CDT Failure”. Make sure your Bionic is plugged into the USB port. Hover your mouse over the “CDT_BOOT_FIX” folder, hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK your mouse. A pop-up box comes up. Click “Open Command Prompt Here”. Once the Command Prompt comes up type:

moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin

/\ You can copy and paste this if you would like.

Your phone will now flash the CDT file. It should succeed. Once this is complete you are full OTA 893. You now have the choice of booting into recovery and loading the 901 file should you choose to do so.

That should be it. Thank you to all who have contributed. The scripting for the Everything command came from P3DROID. If you object to me using it please let me know. I appreciate it but the files can be run manually so no biggy. Thanks

If you have any problems feel free to ask

And yeah i'm currently on 4.1.2 (98.72.22.XT875).
I want to flash Gingerbread on my BIONIC.
would you please help me to downgrade it.
Thanks in Advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Extract and run FixCDT.bat. I noticed the links are down, I hope this helps some of you.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9ama2v67y3see5o
    Okay so I have noticed that there are still some people out there having issues with either going back from Update .901 or have dropped into a (Boot Failure) mode and cannot find a solution. I have decided to post up what works for me. Mind you I have personally and purposely bricked my Bionic multiple times to ensure that this works. However:

I am in no way responsible for any permanent damage you do to your phone. If you have an issue I will do the best I can to assist as I’m sure the rest of the members will. But you take full responsibility for anything you decide to attempt.

While some of you have been able to use the one click method provided by , some of you can’t follow through with the fix due to the (Boot Failure) or (CDT Failure). I have changed some of the files in the One Click method provided by. These files worked for me multiple times but I cannot gauruntee they will do the same for you. But if you are brave enough giver er hell.

Step One: Download these files. You will need all three if you want to go through to .901. Each update is labeled as such to limit the confusion. Once downloaded move all folders to your desktop and unzip the CDT file ONLY!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZ4AC6ML

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XE1OFOM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TSYCAFP4

Step Two: Plug your Bionic in via USB. Once plugged in you can either boot into Fastboot mode by holding the POWER + VOLUME DOWN. If you are in (CDT Failure) you won’t be able to reach fast boot but that’s okay. In fact “Fastboot” mode isn’t necessary as long as you are in one of these error screens.

Step Three: Open the folder labeled “CDT_BOOT_FIX” and double click “EVERYTHING”. The system will begin running the install of the files contained. ALL FILES SHOULD SUCCEED. Not one of these files should fail and in the event one does please post so we may figure it out together.

Edit: You will need to also download this and place it into the unzipped CDT folder:
    Sorry I must have forgotten to add it originally when composing the file.

Step Four: Once the files have finished running, reboot your Bionic. You should now have a running system. YOU ARE NOT FINISHED YET, so please pay attention. Failure to do so will only cause you to go through this again.

Step Five: Move the Update files (893 if you only want to go that far or 893 and 901 to go all the way) to your SD card. Make sure both files are on the root of the SD card. Now shut down your phone.

Step Five: Boot into recovery and choose “Update Zip on SD Card”. Choose the 893 file and click okay. Your phone will now install the 893 update. Reboot. STILL NOT DONE. As noted below if you plan to go to the .901 update then you can skip step six and just flash both the 893 and 901 one right after the other. If only going to 893 then proceed to step six.

Step Six: Your phone will now boot into “CDT Failure”. Make sure your Bionic is plugged into the USB port. Hover your mouse over the “CDT_BOOT_FIX” folder, hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK your mouse. A pop-up box comes up. Click “Open Command Prompt Here”. Once the Command Prompt comes up type:

/\ You can copy and paste this if you would like.

Your phone will now flash the CDT file. It should succeed. Once this is complete you are full OTA 893. You now have the choice of booting into recovery and loading the 901 file should you choose to do so.

That should be it. Thank you to all who have contributed. The scripting for the Everything command came from P3DROID. If you object to me using it please let me know. I appreciate it but the files can be run manually so no biggy. Thanks

If you have any problems feel free to ask
    There is a missing command in the batch file I have.

This below should do what you need it to do, I still have the recovery flashing error though.

ERROR
    sending 'recovery' (9216 KB)... OKAY [ 0.663s]
    writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failure
    FAILED (remote: )​

Which actually doesn't matter once you can get into a working system.

Contents of the corrected batch file
    @echo off
    pause
    pause
    moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader
    pause
    moto-fastboot erase cache
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash lbl lbl
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash ebr ebr
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash mbr mbr
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash webtop grfs.img
    pause
    moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img
    pause
    moto-fastboot -w
    pause​

The fixed batch file can be downloaded [HERE]
    Hmm.. the link doesnt show up for me.. i ran one click last night, got the flash failure, then ran bbb this morning and got the CDT error and couldnt even boot up. Flashed the moto and then went back, ran 901, and now i am rooted and all is good. This was a grueling maybe 6 hours worth of trial and error. Oh yeah and to top it off, i have a different laptop that didnt have adb, so i had to get that set up too. Forgot to mention that this all started cause i had 901 and wasnt rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App