Ics discussion thread/Links for touchpro247 and Aeroevan Roms

OP knipp21

5th February 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #1761  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Long time listener, first time caller.

Its called a Beta so we can test it out as well right? After the Friday posting ultimatum, nothing has been posted. I would like the chance to be able to test out these so called issues myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fred McCree For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #1762  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 115

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred McCree

Its called a Beta so we can test it out as well right? After the Friday posting ultimatum, nothing has been posted. I would like the chance to be able to test out these so called issues myself.

i also was starting to think the same..

+1

I mean. (Just my way of thinking, so if I'm wrong in this case please let me know)
Betas is many people testing to find bugs and problems. If your waiting for everything to be fixed privately, that's a full release.

Betas should be "Heres a new build, download it and report back" And not so much hidden until there's no more problems..Im pretty sure we all know that "Beta" means its not going to be perfect and it will have bugs, but we can also give feedback. More people probably means more bugs found.

Although if i am wrong let me know. Though thats what i thought a beta was.
Last edited by Firetop; 5th February 2012 at 08:35 AM.
5th February 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #1763  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 50

290 posts
More
I'm actually running into a very strange problem with ICS that hopefully someone knows a work-around for.

I've tried to flash the Open Kang Project ROM at least half a dozen times. I go through the standard wipe and all that to prep for flashing each time (even trying multiple clean wipes). If I flash the ROM by itself, it boots up fine (and looks beautiful), but I have no access to the Market or any other Google Apps, nor can I sync to my Google account. I figure, no big deal, probably not included in the Zip file. I go back into Recovery, flash the GApps zip and re-boot the phone. Once I do so, it then wants me to go through the little tutorial, Touch the Android to begin, and so on. However, if I touch the Android, it says "Setup Wizard has stopped working" and there's no way to get past it.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's some silly detail I'm overlooking, but it's really got me stumped. I also love the look of the MIUI ICS Rom, but that's still a very long way off for me to consider using regularly.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was entirely just a silly detail I was overlooking. Even though I had copied the ICS version of GApps to my SD card, I was installing the Zip file from a Gingerbread version. AOKP is working absolutely fantastic for me now. I'm a very happy man!
Last edited by Card83; 5th February 2012 at 11:56 AM.
5th February 2012, 01:47 PM   |  #1764  
Thanks Meter: 541

1,497 posts
How about the dev releases it when he wants? He is the dev after all....

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jizzylax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #1765  
Flag Upstate, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21

We don't know. Tp works as does joker...and I'm in the desert..there isn't really anything new from 3. And we are going to send an update till its ready.

Personally for me 6 is rock solid but the other testers are experiencing trouble.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Okay, thats fine, I was just wondering. I dont really mind not having anything new in the next build, I've just been having some weird, random reboots (a few times a day) with beta 3...with and without Force GPU, so Id welcome anything just for the chance to start fresh.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App
5th February 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #1766  
OP Senior Member
Flag FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Thanks Meter: 578

3,791 posts
More
Quote:

Its also touch pros rom to do with what he wants. I'm sure he loves the whining...he does this for free

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knipp21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2012, 03:25 PM   |  #1767  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 307

1,750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKSherpa5344

Okay, thats fine, I was just wondering. I dont really mind not having anything new in the next build, I've just been having some weird, random reboots (a few times a day) with beta 3...with and without Force GPU, so Id welcome anything just for the chance to start fresh.

A lot of things work in beta 3 that don't work in aokp (although I never got around to bumping up the voltage....maybe...) but I couldn't handle the reboots on the browser. After trying to respond to someone's post on xda about ics ABOUT rebooting my phone rebooted 3 times until I just said eff it and went back to 7.2
5th February 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #1768  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
I thought TouchPro did release it, but the testers are having a hard time uploading it due to some personal commitments.

If we could pass the torch to someone that has the ability to upload it, that would be awesome.
5th February 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #1769  
Flag Upstate, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linch89

A lot of things work in beta 3 that don't work in aokp (although I never got around to bumping up the voltage....maybe...) but I couldn't handle the reboots on the browser. After trying to respond to someone's post on xda about ics ABOUT rebooting my phone rebooted 3 times until I just said eff it and went back to 7.2

Im loving Beta 3, its what Ive been running since it came out but more recently Ive had those issues. AOKP is out, MMS is kinda a deal breaker for me. Just hoping for something new here, love TP's work.

5th February 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #1770  
OP Senior Member
Flag FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Thanks Meter: 578

3,791 posts
More
Quote:

I thought TouchPro did release it, but the testers are having a hard time uploading it due to some personal commitments.

If we could pass the torch to someone that has the ability to upload it, that would be awesome.

No I was told not to upload it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread