Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1! (DONATE BUTTON!)

Tip us?

Zombiepiratez
Old
(Last edited by Zombiepiratez; 26th August 2013 at 02:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Talking [UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1! (DONATE BUTTON!)

Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility is the all-in-one Kindle Fire unbricker. All it does is execute what would be done in the command prompt, but it does it for you.
Screenshots-

Changelog -

1.1 - Added "Flash Amazon Update" button

1.0 - New UI design, some bugfixes

Also, I now have a donate button, if you're feeling generous

Like it? Download it HERE

If you like this, don't forget to thank me!

DISCLAIMER:By downloading this file you agree that I (ZombiePiratez) am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device(s). This tool is made, for use with the Kindle Fire only. it is not recommended for use with any other devices. Use it at your own risk. Please know that this is un-tested, so if it works for you, please notify me what you chose and what was wrong with your device.

Thanks to Vashypooh for allowing me to use some of his code as a model for mine
This is a signature.
The Following 116 Users Say Thank You to Zombiepiratez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheMagicPancake
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
This looks great. Personally, I wouldn't need this, but I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't have much experience with a command line.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMagicPancake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zombiepiratez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicPancake View Post
This looks great. Personally, I wouldn't need this, but I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't have much experience with a command line.
The reason why I made this was exactly for those people that don't have experience with a command line. Up until about 2 months ago, I was one of those people
This is a signature.

Vashypooh
Old
Thanks Meter 599

DONATE TO ME
Your download link is bad,

and this looks very, very similar to what I made...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vashypooh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigjkcfan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashypooh View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

Zombiepiratez
Old
(Last edited by Zombiepiratez; 5th January 2012 at 02:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashypooh View Post

Yup. it does look similar to what you made. The thing is though, it does a completely different thing. I'll be fixing the download link soon, not sure why it's broken...
Also, I did use bits and pieces of your code as models, but nothing more than that.
This is a signature.

DragonSeeker
Old
(Last edited by DragonSeeker; 5th January 2012 at 06:34 AM.) Reason: My Conscience
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks to both of you. This here little thing just saved my bacon. I am not a noob exactly but I am not a complete command line expert either, but it all comes together in time. I was stuck in the recovery loop and this helped me out.

Keep Moving Forward,
Dseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiepiratez View Post
Also, even though this might look like Kindle Fire Utility, it is not developed/owned by the same person. Aside from that, a special thanks to Vashypooh for allowing me to use some of his code as a model for mine.

Thank you and honorable mentions are always appreciated but sometimes not noticed. Just a thought. Yes I am going to go take a long walk off a short pier, as this is none of my business. But in all honesty if I did not say something it would weigh on my oh so big conscience all night. Cheers.

Dseeker

Zombiepiratez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSeeker View Post
Thanks to both of you. This here little thing just saved my bacon. I am not a noob exactly but I am not a complete command line expert either, but it all comes together in time. I was stuck in the recovery loop and this helped me out.

Keep Moving Forward,
Dseeker

Thank you and honorable mentions are always appreciated but sometimes not noticed. Just a thought. Yes I am going to go take a long walk off a short pier, as this is none of my business. But in all honesty if I did not say something it would weigh on my oh so big conscience all night. Cheers.

Dseeker
Always happy to help And I'm glad it worked for you!

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
This is a signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zombiepiratez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osozraz
Old
(Last edited by osozraz; 5th January 2012 at 05:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Just for clarity. Is this just a front end for the different methods for unbricking we have in the forum? I mean, if I have a broken adb ("-exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: no such file or directory (2)) this won´t make any magic, will it?

Edit: Ok, Just read the .bat file and in fact it is a front end. Will not work for me but sure will be useful for many people.

b63
Old
(Last edited by b63; 5th January 2012 at 06:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 458
the concept is a good idea - allthrough it's a frontend to known methods

and it is working partially with zergrush - this is'nt working anymore since 6.2.1 !
would suggest to incorporate pokey9000's method for 6.2.1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1414832

correct me if i'm wrong

nevertheless i think it's a good idea and worth to push it to further releases