I've made this as easy as possible. Not for novice users.
I chose backtrack as the image (instead of ubuntu) because i LOVE backtrack. I've used it as my main on-the-go linux for a while. Mainly because I hack all the wifi I'm around so i have a constant NET connection
This script requires ADB installed and ROOT!
- Download the image and attached scripts (BT5_Install.zip)
- Rename the image to BT5.zip and copy to /sdcard/ - I would copy in the script, but ADB is WAAAY slow.
- Unzip BT5_Install.zip into your ADB folder - Or anywhere if you have ADB set with environmental variables
- Make sure device connected and responds to adb (adb devices)
- run install.bat
This will push the proper scripts, open the image up for use and run necessary scripts
This process does take time. No longer than 10 minutes. Script will notify when complete.
---Linux is now installed!---
- Open terminal emulator and type: (do this any time you want to start your linux if you have shut it down or the TFP has restarted)
- cd /sdcard/bt5
- sh bt
- Type Y at the prompt
- VNC into 127.0.0.1:5901 with password 'root' with any VNC program you like
- Open terminal in Linux
- Type pico /usr/bin/startvnc
- Xhange resolution to 1280x800
- Type ctrl x
- restart TFP
Look absolutely AMAZING now
- If the bt5 folder on /sdcard/ is ever deleted, you will lose your linux and need to re-install!
- This has been tested and confirmed by me!
- Can you tell I like formatting?? hahaha
- Need help with ADB? Click HERE for my guide!
- Im using POCKETCLOUD in Windows mode (it connect to linux as well!)
The GUIDE is not finite. Please post anything you feel should be added/corrected to the guide.
Thanks and 5 star would make me feel good inside too!