5,597,762 Members 36,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What Do you Prefer for the next rom
Lite ROM (Less than 350MB) 372 34.29%
Heavy ROM (Almost 550MB) 150 13.82%
Heavy ROM & useless apps removable via kitchen 563 51.89%
Voters: 1085. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][Mar 18][XXLC1] CheckROM NoteHD™ V6 | Kitchen Pro v2.41 | Perfection Delivered!

Tip us?
 
Mahmood
Old
#991  
Mahmood's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 345
Posts: 759
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nijmegen

 
DONATE TO ME
gadget check whats your opinion on kernel which are u using ? FM or abyss ???? and thanks for the wallpaper !!
Windows 7, Mac OS X, iDevices, android, windows:
http://mahmood1.com

Mac OS X Mountain Lion VMWare for Windows PC:
http://mahmood1.com/Windows_Mac_Goog...ualisation.php

iPhone jailbreak,unlock and custom ipsw:
http://mahmood1.com/ipod_and_iphone.php
 
.hide
Old
#992  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 434
Join Date: Feb 2010
quick question, do i need to format/system for full wipe?
HTC HD2

Rom:HyperDroid-CM7

Kernal: TYTUNG

Samsung Galaxy S9100

Rom :CheckRom

Kernal: Siyah

Samsung Galaxy Note

Rom:CriskeloRomNOTE

Kernal:SpeedMoD

-A Spanish Born Chinese-
 
Reb0rn
Old
#993  
Reb0rn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 723
Posts: 1,724
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alingsås

 
DONATE TO ME
This is kind of a LOL moment for me...

I ordered a White Note on thursday and thought that i should download the roms i wanted so i have everything ready for the arrival. (This one and another one just in case...)

Both of them have updated atleast 3 times each sience that... Together they are almost 1Gb ... haha

Should have just downloaded today when i get the Note, would have saved me about 4Gb of useless download... Gonna try V3 tonight.

Thanks for your dedicatin and work!
 
xda890
Old
#994  
xda890's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 624
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by .hide View Post
quick question, do i need to format/system for full wipe?
That's what full wipe means...

BTJ
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied:
"It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"
The Following User Says Thank You to xda890 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GadgetCheck
Old
#995  
GadgetCheck's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5245
Posts: 3,158
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: India,Kerala,Trivandrum (God's own Country)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood View Post
gadget check whats your opinion on kernel which are u using ? FM or abyss ???? and thanks for the wallpaper !!
CF Root


Quote:
Originally Posted by .hide View Post
quick question, do i need to format/system for full wipe?
Nothing the ROM automatically wipes ur Device just make sure to da backup

www.checkrom.com
Where support gets refined as social networking
Founder and Developer of CheckROM™ for Samsung Phone's
The Following User Says Thank You to GadgetCheck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
geonahta
Old
#996  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 156
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliashadow View Post
Why do you care so much about benchmarks mate??Benchmark are bull****s!!

In my Desire HD i had 5500 on Quadrant Benchmark, more than my Note.Is that means that DHD is faster than Note???Absolytely not!!

Any Dev can add some ''lines'' in his rom to boost Benchmarks, but its really useless...
I don't care that much about benchmark either, especially not really sythetic ones, but a simple SD read/write is a good indication if something is wrong with your setup.

Installed FM and got a 7.3/>50 R/W.
 
.hide
Old
#997  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 434
Join Date: Feb 2010
thanks xda890 and gadgetcheck.

1 more question to clear my doubt. i read from nexus thread a full wipe require format /boot also. but i cant find that option in cwm so my guess is i can skip it ?

final wipe will be like this?

format /cache
format /data
format /system
clear davilk cache
clear cache partition
wipe data/factory restore
HTC HD2

Rom:HyperDroid-CM7

Kernal: TYTUNG

Samsung Galaxy S9100

Rom :CheckRom

Kernal: Siyah

Samsung Galaxy Note

Rom:CriskeloRomNOTE

Kernal:SpeedMoD

-A Spanish Born Chinese-
 
Anonymous Vagrant
Old
#998  
Anonymous Vagrant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 293
Join Date: Jan 2012
I'm really really interested about this ROM but the lack of full-detailed instruction is rendering me, a total android noob, useless. So can anyone be kind enough to write a full-detail on how to root to this ROM? Can i root it so i still retain 0 flash counter and is applicable to update to ICS in the future?
 
xda890
Old
#999  
xda890's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 624
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by .hide View Post
thanks xda890 and gadgetcheck.

1 more question to clear my doubt. i read from nexus thread a full wipe require format /boot also. but i cant find that option in cwm so my guess is i can skip it ?

final wipe will be like this?

format /cache
format /data
format /system
clear davilk cache
clear cache partition
wipe data/factory restore

As gadgetcheck said, you don't acutally need to do anything yourself, the installscripts of this ROM wipes your device...

BTJ
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied:
"It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"
The Following User Says Thank You to xda890 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lqrt
Old
#1000  
lqrt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 975
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Vagrant View Post
I'm really really interested about this ROM but the lack of full-detailed instruction is rendering me, a total android noob, useless. So can anyone be kind enough to write a full-detail on how to root to this ROM? Can i root it so i still retain 0 flash counter and is applicable to update to ICS in the future?

You don't root this rom. Go to chainfire's cf root thread , for rooting. . .

Tags
amazing, bestrom, checkrom revo notehd revolution, gadgetcheck, god, kitchenpro, leomar75, silkysmooth
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes