FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Strange sound during video playback?

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By TrailorParkKid, Member on 5th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is anyone else experiencing a strange warbling sound while playing back any video? I've tried playing a video recorded by the Prime as well as videos I've downloaded. I get it through the speakers and with headphones.

Edit: Tested with the stock player, the MyNet Player, and MX Video Player.
Last edited by TrailorParkKid; 5th January 2012 at 07:43 PM.
 
 
5th January 2012, 07:38 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
Nope, no such thing here.
5th January 2012, 08:01 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Yeah, nothing here.

The sound output isn't very loud, but the quality I get from that one measly speaker ain't bad at all.
5th January 2012, 08:22 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR

Yeah, nothing here.

The sound output isn't very loud, but the quality I get from that one measly speaker ain't bad at all.

There are two speakers, just not much separation between them. Check out: http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Album/1619#25
6th January 2012, 07:08 AM |#5  
TrailorParkKid's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
So this is isolated then? Guess I'll have to do some more testing.
6th January 2012, 07:11 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I got it. Only tested two videos, both .avi. One had this weird..... Watery? Sound, and one didn't

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
6th January 2012, 12:01 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511

I got it. Only tested two videos, both .avi. One had this weird..... Watery? Sound, and one didn't

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

I have experienced that sound is sometimes decoded wrongly when HW acceleration is enabled. Try and play the videos in SW and see if the problem persists.
6th January 2012, 12:12 PM |#8  
bman2309's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
watery noise
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0ton

I have experienced that sound is sometimes decoded wrongly when HW acceleration is enabled. Try and play the videos in SW and see if the problem persists.


I can confirm this. The other day I played a new top gear episode to find it making a water noise and laggy playback. Took me a while and frustration, but it is easily fixed by changing the decoding method. You can do this in mx video player in the top right. I leave mine in s/w now...
6th January 2012, 12:33 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman2309

I can confirm this. The other day I played a new top gear episode to find it making a water noise and laggy playback. Took me a while and frustration, but it is easily fixed by changing the decoding method. You can do this in mx video player in the top right. I leave mine in s/w now...

Just note that SW mode will not, at least from my experience, decode 1080p satisfactory.
6th January 2012, 02:00 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman2309

I can confirm this. The other day I played a new top gear episode to find it making a water noise and laggy playback. Took me a while and frustration, but it is easily fixed by changing the decoding method. You can do this in mx video player in the top right. I leave mine in s/w now...

HA HA, I was also playinga to gear episode when it happened.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
6th January 2012, 03:54 PM |#11  
TrailorParkKid's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I installed the MX Codec for ARMv7 and I have not experienced it since. Seems to be a codec issue only. Recommend trying that and see if it fixes for others in this thread. Kinda kicking myself for not thinking about that first lol.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes