How to Update Radios & Matching RIL Files
Originally Posted by Catpoule
hey my friend, things alright ?
si you flashed new radio ?
i'm on the thread right now, would like to have more explanations before flashing too. i guess we had the same radio and ril.
so what radio did you flash ? how did you proceed ?
i've already checked my current ril and firmware.
Hey Cat. I'm doing fine. How are you?
Follow these steps to install the radio and RIL file:
1) Go to the thread I linked here
and scroll down the post. Eventually, you will come across a menu called Ice Cream Sandwich Base
. Continue to scroll down until you see this link: 11.72.3504.00U_11.23.3504.08_M2
. Click on it and the file will download. Then click on the HTC-RIL 4.0.0024HMQ
link and download that too.
2) After downloading the 2 files, verify that the MD5 codes are correct before you proceed!
Unzip the 11.72.3504.00U_11.23.3504.08_M2
file. Locate the PG58IMG
file and put it on the SD card. Then take the HTC-RIL 4.0.0024HMQ
file and put it on the SD card also.
3) Reboot the phone into bootloader (hold down volume down button while pressing the power button). The bootloader will automatically detect the PG58IMG
file and ask if you want to perform the update. Hit the volume up button to say "yes
". It will then install the radio.
4) After installing the radio, bootloader will ask to reboot. DO NOT REBOOT!
Instead, open the back cover and remove the battery. Remove the SD card and put it in a memory card reader and delete the PG58IMG
5) Put the SD card and the battery back into the phone and boot into recovery. Flash the HTC-RIL 4.0.0024HMQ
file. Reboot the phone.
That's it. You're done. Enjoy the new radio!
If you update your radio and RIL file and decide to flash a new version of the Elegancia ROM, you must
re-flash the RIL file until Steve0007 includes it in his newest ROM release.