Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Hashcode Zone

Specifications:

Base by: Hashcode
Version: [kernel/rom] cm9/ics build with fixes [02/09/2012 flash.zip update or full rom]
Android Version: 4.0.3
Kernel: See Below
CyanogenMod Version: 9.0.0-RC0-KFire-KANG
Build Date: Thu Feb 9 21:13:12 CET 2012
Build Number: IML74K

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1476352

Kernel Modifications:

by intersectRaven
[KERNEL][.35.14][OC, CIFS, TUN]intersectRaven's Kernel 02/11/2012 12:22

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382999

MODs:

Lite themeing
Includes GAPPS

image.4.png
image.1.png

image.3.png
image.2.png

Download:

HERE

Updated cm9-02-09_hashcode
Updated Kernel

Notes:

NO HD Youtube

This is still Beta it has issues so don't
be suprised..

I also have some work to do on the icons..

AS ALWAYS ENJOY!​

Last edited:

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
So, video works now?

Thank you.

I'd have to take a look but it basically has the some issues as the others. So if it didn't work before it probably wont work now. Give it a try and report back. I don't have it loaded ATM because I've been using my daughters kindle.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I may have uploaded the wrong revision the correct one is currently uploading..

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
OK the correct version is up now (sorry) should be version 3. Had the file names all messed up this happens from staying up too late..

htcdesirezgeorge

May 8, 2011
Awesome! Zone, do you know how to get the original kindle fire kindle reader app to work on ICS? I've been trying to pull it from the Kindle rom but can't figure it out.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I just downloaded it. It still has video and sound issues. It still has the issue of when you turn off notification, the system crashes, getting a lot of android.process.acore has stopped popups with v3.

Its colorful, though, lol. A lot of blue.

Thanks!

Ya well like I say it still has the same issues as before just looks a little different. Until someone smart than I figures out the issues they will continue to be a problem . Just hope we don't end up in the same boat as the HP Touch Pad were we don't ever get the source. Everyone needs to hope that Kindle decides to upgrade the base ROM to ICS.

Edit:

Its also prerooted and has some apps.

Last edited:

yumcax

Aug 29, 2010
Seattle
Interesting. How is this different from the 1229E ROM from the IceCreamSandwich Development/Discussion Thread? Other than the Blue theme?

Worth flashing?

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Interesting. How is this different from the 1229E ROM from the IceCreamSandwich Development/Discussion Thread? Other than the Blue theme?

Worth flashing?

Well that ROM originally didn't have Root you had to root it yourself. Now that may have changed I don't know. So that was one thing. The others would be of course the apps, colored icons, modified notification transparency, ad blocking (without an app), and of course the elimination of the orange and green. Its really just my take on it. You may not like it or even notice the changes. Thats OK I make it for myself and just thought I would post it for the masses.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Software and theme apparently. Video should be listed under "not working" as well...

Added video to the not working sorry never tried any video.

Side Note:

What with GAPPS why does it feel like a crime all the sudden when I compile the source it comes with GAPPS what gives?

romified

Jul 11, 2011
Just some KANG with replaced files. Meh.
No thank you.

Guys, please don't do what I have seen so much of lately in other forums on XDA. Constructive criticism or feedback is one thing, I hope any dev would welcome that or even details as to why you didn't like it after you have actually tried it. But to just throw useless opinions that do nothing more than down a dev or their work doesn't do anyone any good. If you don't think it is for you or it doesn't meet your "criteria", don't flash it and move on.
Besides, ICS is so new and still beta on the KF, I don't think expectations should be too high at this point, basic changes or additions is all you will see initially.

palmheel

Dec 18, 2011
romified, well said. I don't post much, but you are exactly right. Those with the knowledge try to help and of course they may step on each others toes now and then. Us noobs do appreciate all the work. Let's not forget what the ultimate goal
is.

horrorwolf

Feb 12, 2008
Guys, please don't do what I have seen so much of lately in other forums on XDA. Constructive criticism or feedback is one thing, I hope any dev would welcome that or even details as to why you didn't like it after you have actually tried it. But to just throw useless opinions that do nothing more than down a dev or their work doesn't do anyone any good. If you don't think it is for you or it doesn't meet your "criteria", don't flash it and move on.
Besides, ICS is so new and still beta on the KF, I don't think expectations should be too high at this point, basic changes or additions is all you will see initially.

Couldn't have said it better. If you dont like like another dev posts, whether its their own version, a kang or themed version. Just stay out of the thread. Negative comments don't help anyone in this community.

We are supposed to be a team environment for dev, themers and testers.

Please keep bickering away from XDA.

Reactions: nursereese

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Couldn't have said it better. If you dont like like another dev posts, whether its their own version, a kang or themed version. Just stay out of the thread. Negative comments don't help anyone in this community.

We are supposed to be a team environment for dev, themers and testers.

Please keep bickering away from XDA.

I think he could put [THEME] in the original post and probably save a lot of confusion.

And while I think development and improvement is GREAT, he makes a point of putting his donate link very prominently in the posting, which makes it look like he's just editing a few files and asking for donations. Which I believe is what some of those in this thread are taking offense to, since most of us did not ask for anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: emelie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hashcode Zone

Specifications:

Base by: Hashcode
    Version: [kernel/rom] cm9/ics build with fixes [02/09/2012 flash.zip update or full rom]
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Kernel: See Below
    CyanogenMod Version: 9.0.0-RC0-KFire-KANG
    Build Date: Thu Feb 9 21:13:12 CET 2012
    Build Number: IML74K

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1476352

Kernel Modifications:

by intersectRaven
    [KERNEL][.35.14][OC, CIFS, TUN]intersectRaven's Kernel 02/11/2012 12:22

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382999

MODs:

Lite themeing
    Includes GAPPS

image.4.png
    image.1.png

image.3.png
    image.2.png

Download:

HERE

Updated cm9-02-09_hashcode
    Updated Kernel

Notes:

NO HD Youtube

This is still Beta it has issues so don't
    be suprised..

I also have some work to do on the icons..

AS ALWAYS ENJOY!​

Just some KANG with replaced files. Meh.
    No thank you.

I shouldn't have said it that way I think. All I wanted to say is just that I am tired of all those roms that just add a different theme and some "optimizations".
    Your work could have been done as a patch for the original rom, which would be easier for both parts. The way you do it now you have to rebase your rom every time the original rom gets updated, I think that's quite a pita to do it.

I didn't want to piss you off, just post my opinion on all those modified roms.

Well here is the thing:

If I'm going to change something in every single apk (which I do) then I might as well include the guts of the system as well. Once the ROM is done I generally only have to update apks that have changed. Plus when I build the entire system I know it works. Themes run into issues because they don't always work on every ROM. That creates way to much trouble shooting. I also tend to PNG Optimize the files which again affects every single apk. So thats why I do it this way.
    I have no problem with this. Also: I didn't do any work on the other rom, I just created the topic to help people solve problems.
    No offense. I'm sorry if you got that wrong. :) Keep doing your work, a lot of people like themes.

Honestly when you step in and say KANG and basically F-You its hard not to take it the wrong way. Over the years I've worked WITH the other developers not against them. I've done ROMs with some of the top developers here on XDA (fresh, Team MikMik, Team XRON, Team Tiamat) and been very fortunate that they have allowed me to "do my thing" with there hard work. I've never claimed to be something I'm not and I have never intended on stealing someone else s work with out due credit. I have always asked for permission to use others work. ROMs take a team to get the job done. Thats why we have Team Eos, Team MikMik, Team XRON and so on. Its too much for a single person who has a life or family.

So with that said I propose we put it all behind us and do what we do for the community. No hard feelings here and I hope you can feel the same.
    Seems like this had a lot of updates last part of December and then nothing really for a couple weeks, is it still being looked at or did it die on the vine?

Well three things really. One was I took a lot of heat about this whole post which bothered me some. Next I have been working on my other two devices. And lastly there is the possibility that some PROs are working on a new Kindle ROM.

The graphics I created for the Xoom ICS will go into this ROM.