Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do you get rid of all the extra persistent icons in the bottom bar area?

Tip us?

Bimboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default [Q] How do you get rid of all the extra persistent icons in the bottom bar area?

I have persistent ones for my two memory cards, plus the dock and keyboard notifications. Add to that the dual battery indicators, when docked, and it takes up a ton of space. I'll get a few emails from different email accounts, and a few auto app updates notifications, and the bottom bar is almost completely populated.

Anybody know if there's a way to get rid of these memory card and docked notifications, once they first appear? You should be allowed to just acknowledge the notification, and it would go hidden... Is that possible??

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
Retired: ATT Tilt (Kaiser), ATT Fuze (Raph110), HTC HD2 (Leo - T-Mo US), Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules, Samsung Galaxy S III
Nook Color - Rooted & OC 1.2 Ghz
ATT Samsung Galaxy S 4 - awaiting MF3 solutions

cordell507
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
i've tried to get the one for the sd card to go away but i dont think you can, it's so stupid, you can feel the sd card sticking out it's not like you need something constantly reminding you and i didn't know it did it for the dock why does it have to tell you that it's pretty obvious if you ask me.

copc
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I could be wrong but I think it is a rom thing. I remember from flashing Roms on my Gtablet that one of the devs removed the annoying reminder about the sd card. So we can hope that a dev can chime in and it could be done.
Samsung Note 3
Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 223
yea it's rom based, so you'd need a custom rom that removes that tweak
Phones: OnePlus One 64gb - PA
Tablets: Nexus 7 32GB (2013)