5,606,722 Members 37,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][AOSP]Galaxian-Soup[GT-7310/7300][beta 1.7.3][4.5.2012]

Tip us?

nirogu325
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Weird, I tested Beta 1.4 heavily for several days and didn't had reboots. The only issues I found were the Browser once more sometimes stopped working with the Internet and the Youtube app sideways scrolling graphics issue on the left side of the screen. Are you guys wiping before flashing? Also, have you cleared Cache and Dalvik Cache and then tested if reboots still remained?

pats4life100
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I love the Rom my only problem is that I can't tether to my from my phone any way you can ad adhoc support

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

dondavis007
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325 View Post
Weird, I tested Beta 1.4 heavily for several days and didn't had reboots. The only issues I found were the Browser once more sometimes stopped working with the Internet and the Youtube app sideways scrolling graphics issue on the left side of the screen. Are you guys wiping before flashing? Also, have you cleared Cache and Dalvik Cache and then tested if reboots still remained?
Wipe everything at least twice :)
Running CM9 @ 1.504 now without any trouble

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
Just give me a Nexus with a great camera/app, and I'll stay with it...

Smart(er) phones:
iPhone 3, N1, Optimus 2X, Xperia Arc, iPhone 4, Xperia S, Motorola Razr, Galaxy Note, One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia V, Padfone 2 + "New", Note 2, iPhone 5, HTC One S, S4, Xperia ZR, LG G2, N5, Z1c, HTC M7 & M8, etc...

Pads:
iPad, Asus T1+T2+Prime, Galaxy Tab 8,9. iPad2, Nexus 7, Padfone 2, iPad4. PadFone 4, New PadFone

If I helped you hit "thanks"

chienline
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondavis007 View Post
Wipe everything at least twice :)
Running CM9 @ 1.504 now without any trouble

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
I read that the camera on CM9 is not working either. I'm running GS Beta 1.4 @1,504 and have no reboot issue.

I agree with nirogu325 about distortion on bottom left of screen while scrolling on youtube homescreen, which I have encountered since alpha version.
But I don't see the stock browser get stuck yet.

Everything is just going great and smooth so now I'm hunting the market apps to load on my Tab

Again, BIG thanks to all the Devs
With Love on Valentine's Day (LoL)

bdfull3r
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
i don't know whats the problem but i seriously doubt its people forgetting to wipe data and cache. One or two maybe but a whole swarm of people who never had issues before hand is suspect.

bplay
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No reboot problems. Just installed like it is written in the first post. Rom is running very good

Gesendet von meinem GT-7300 mit Tapatalk

dondavis007
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by chienline View Post
I read that the camera on CM9 is not working either. I'm running GS Beta 1.4 @1,504 and have no reboot issue.

I agree with nirogu325 about distortion on bottom left of screen while scrolling on youtube homescreen, which I have encountered since alpha version.
But I don't see the stock browser get stuck yet.

Everything is just going great and smooth so now I'm hunting the market apps to load on my Tab

Again, BIG thanks to all the Devs
With Love on Valentine's Day (LoL)
You have camera?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk
Just give me a Nexus with a great camera/app, and I'll stay with it...

Smart(er) phones:
iPhone 3, N1, Optimus 2X, Xperia Arc, iPhone 4, Xperia S, Motorola Razr, Galaxy Note, One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia V, Padfone 2 + "New", Note 2, iPhone 5, HTC One S, S4, Xperia ZR, LG G2, N5, Z1c, HTC M7 & M8, etc...

Pads:
iPad, Asus T1+T2+Prime, Galaxy Tab 8,9. iPad2, Nexus 7, Padfone 2, iPad4. PadFone 4, New PadFone

If I helped you hit "thanks"

pseudoheld
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondavis007 View Post
You have camera?
I'll just answer for him... No one has camera yet on ics. The hardware isn't supported yet, but the devs are working on it!

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA App
Phone: Nexus 5 Rom: SlimKat Kernel: Franco, ElementalX, or sth else
Tablet: Galaxy Tab 8.9 Rom: Stock Based ICS Mod
Retired Phone: Motorola RAZR
Retired Phone: Nexus One Rom: ICS BCM
Did I help you? Hit the thanks button

chienline
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoheld View Post
I'll just answer for him... No one has camera yet on ics. The hardware isn't supported yet, but the devs are working on it!

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA App
haha, thanks
All I mean is, since CM9 doesn't have camera working, then I guess it's not better than Galaxian Soup, so I'm not wasting my time downloading and testing that rom for now

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

But Samsung has launched ICS for Tab 7 Plus, that means the camera problem soon be fixed
just the matter of time, and patient people will taste the best ice cream

Loccy
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325 View Post
The browser freeze problem is an old one and seems to be related to Flash. If I watch a Flash video, sometimes on subsequent use of the browser you get the behaviour you describe, where it hangs. I have my browser set to display the most used pages as the homepage and even this fails to load despite being an internal page that requires no interwebs. When in this state if you do a force stop on the browser it seems to fix it (so no need for a full reboot). Suspect there is some kind of Flash based process that's hanging and causing the browser to do the same.

If you have no interest in Flash, I would imagine disabling it would fix this problem outright - otherwise, a quick force close and you're back in business.