Thread Closed

Galaxy Note colour rendering issue: started working on it.

21st February 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #451  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 217

1,245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbagecanman

@supercurio i have been reading through the thread and have held back and been patient but have to ask any update on this project?

Sent from my A500 ICS dream machine

Dude, he was in the thread with an update just 2 days ago...

Swyped from a white note.
garbagecanman
21st February 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #452  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Sorry man I just check op for updates and didn't see anything I'll skim back m8 my bad....

Sent from my A500 ICS dream machine
22nd February 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #453  
Thanks Meter: 62

515 posts
I'm hoping the Galaxy Nexus can be next Hopefully much of supercurio's excellent work will apply to the Nexus. If so, I'll have a paypal donation waiting
22nd February 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #454  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry
Thanks Meter: 5,072

3,529 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc120

I'm hoping the Galaxy Nexus can be next Hopefully much of supercurio's excellent work will apply to the Nexus. If so, I'll have a paypal donation waiting

Sorry I kind of lost motivation after my old crappy work for Nexus S had been kanged and re-labeled without credit on Galaxy Nexus.

So, for this Google device I'll do something amazing and different or nothing at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #455  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 1,130

2,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

Sorry I kind of lost motivation after my old crappy work for Nexus S had been kanged and re-labeled without credit on Galaxy Nexus.

So, for this Google device I'll do something amazing and different or nothing at all.

btw when you are going to release for note? month or more? just wondering
22nd February 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #456  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry
Thanks Meter: 5,072

3,529 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgaBimbam

btw when you are going to release for note? month or more? just wondering

I started writing the new app, I suggest not asking for ETA as I have no idea myself when it will be finished.

As soon as possible as usual, but eh it takes time.

BTW I tweeted about it but: the real fix will only be available on ICS, as Samsung changed a few code lines in their driver that allows me to hack it live without kernel flashing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #457  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 1,130

2,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I started writing the new app, I suggest not asking for ETA as I have no idea myself when it will be finished.

As soon as possible as usual, but eh it takes time.

BTW I tweeted about it but: the real fix will only be available on ICS, as Samsung changed a few code lines in their driver that allows me to hack it live without kernel flashing.

damn nice to hear you are like chuck norris ;D
22nd February 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #458  
Thanks Meter: 9

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwellington

Thank you! Just wondering if it will also fix or lessen the green tint ? The only relief I have at the moment is to turn the brightness right up but this hurts my eyes!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Mine has a green tint as well. It is most noticeable on grey areas, such as the key board.

I've been using Screen Adjuster from the market to balance it out by adding more blue and red. After a few days of using it, go back and switch it off and you'll really see just how green the screen is, it is shocking.

The only catch with using screen adjuster to balance the colours is you lose some of that really nice deep dark black that the screen has.

With screen adjuster off, you can barely see where the bezel ends and the screen begins because the blacks are so dark... but you get the green tint.

With screen adjuster on, the blacks aren't as dark and you can see the difference between the bezel and the status bar for example, but the colours look more realistic.

So it's a compromise either way. But personally, I can't go back to the green tint after a few days without it, so the slightly reduced blacks are worth it.
22nd February 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #459  
Here, there, everywhere
Thanks Meter: 2,254

5,594 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Yeah...GNote is the beast !!
23rd February 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #460  
Thanks Meter: 272

5,707 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple zebra

Mine has a green tint as well. It is most noticeable on grey areas, such as the key board.

I've been using Screen Adjuster from the market to balance it out by adding more blue and red. After a few days of using it, go back and switch it off and you'll really see just how green the screen is, it is shocking.

The only catch with using screen adjuster to balance the colours is you lose some of that really nice deep dark black that the screen has.

With screen adjuster off, you can barely see where the bezel ends and the screen begins because the blacks are so dark... but you get the green tint.

With screen adjuster on, the blacks aren't as dark and you can see the difference between the bezel and the status bar for example, but the colours look more realistic.

So it's a compromise either way. But personally, I can't go back to the green tint after a few days without it, so the slightly reduced blacks are worth it.

Ive seen those green tints from few units its like in a shape of a backlight bleeding and im shocked some of my friends think its part of the keyboard theme or on the market background. Though i didnt insist for them to have it replaced but i told them its not normal.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread