Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note colour rendering issue: started working on it.

Tip us?

btyork
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbagecanman View Post
@supercurio i have been reading through the thread and have held back and been patient but have to ask any update on this project?

Sent from my A500 ICS dream machine
Dude, he was in the thread with an update just 2 days ago...

Swyped from a white note.
Current Device:
- A White Samsung Galaxy Note.
---
Past Devices:
- White T-Mobile SGS2 (T989)
- Custom HTC MyTouch 4g
- TMOUS Galaxy Tab 7"
- Motorola Defy
- 2x TMOUS HTC HD2
- TMOUS G1

Remember, the search feature is your friend!
garbagecanman Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry man I just check op for updates and didn't see anything I'll skim back m8 my bad....

Sent from my A500 ICS dream machine

jkc120
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I'm hoping the Galaxy Nexus can be next Hopefully much of supercurio's excellent work will apply to the Nexus. If so, I'll have a paypal donation waiting

supercurio
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,071

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc120 View Post
I'm hoping the Galaxy Nexus can be next Hopefully much of supercurio's excellent work will apply to the Nexus. If so, I'll have a paypal donation waiting
Sorry I kind of lost motivation after my old crappy work for Nexus S had been kanged and re-labeled without credit on Galaxy Nexus.

So, for this Google device I'll do something amazing and different or nothing at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EdgaBimbam
Old
Thanks Meter 1,129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio View Post
Sorry I kind of lost motivation after my old crappy work for Nexus S had been kanged and re-labeled without credit on Galaxy Nexus.

So, for this Google device I'll do something amazing and different or nothing at all.
btw when you are going to release for note? month or more? just wondering
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” André Gide
Need help?

iPhone 5 16GB White

supercurio
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,071

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgaBimbam View Post
btw when you are going to release for note? month or more? just wondering
I started writing the new app, I suggest not asking for ETA as I have no idea myself when it will be finished.

As soon as possible as usual, but eh it takes time.

BTW I tweeted about it but: the real fix will only be available on ICS, as Samsung changed a few code lines in their driver that allows me to hack it live without kernel flashing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EdgaBimbam
Old
Thanks Meter 1,129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I started writing the new app, I suggest not asking for ETA as I have no idea myself when it will be finished.

As soon as possible as usual, but eh it takes time.

BTW I tweeted about it but: the real fix will only be available on ICS, as Samsung changed a few code lines in their driver that allows me to hack it live without kernel flashing.
damn nice to hear you are like chuck norris ;D
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” André Gide
Need help?

iPhone 5 16GB White

purple zebra
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwellington View Post
Thank you! Just wondering if it will also fix or lessen the green tint ? The only relief I have at the moment is to turn the brightness right up but this hurts my eyes!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
Mine has a green tint as well. It is most noticeable on grey areas, such as the key board.

I've been using Screen Adjuster from the market to balance it out by adding more blue and red. After a few days of using it, go back and switch it off and you'll really see just how green the screen is, it is shocking.

The only catch with using screen adjuster to balance the colours is you lose some of that really nice deep dark black that the screen has.

With screen adjuster off, you can barely see where the bezel ends and the screen begins because the blacks are so dark... but you get the green tint.

With screen adjuster on, the blacks aren't as dark and you can see the difference between the bezel and the status bar for example, but the colours look more realistic.

So it's a compromise either way. But personally, I can't go back to the green tint after a few days without it, so the slightly reduced blacks are worth it.

betoNL
Old
Thanks Meter 2,253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Yeah...GNote is the beast !!

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple zebra View Post
Mine has a green tint as well. It is most noticeable on grey areas, such as the key board.

I've been using Screen Adjuster from the market to balance it out by adding more blue and red. After a few days of using it, go back and switch it off and you'll really see just how green the screen is, it is shocking.

The only catch with using screen adjuster to balance the colours is you lose some of that really nice deep dark black that the screen has.

With screen adjuster off, you can barely see where the bezel ends and the screen begins because the blacks are so dark... but you get the green tint.

With screen adjuster on, the blacks aren't as dark and you can see the difference between the bezel and the status bar for example, but the colours look more realistic.

So it's a compromise either way. But personally, I can't go back to the green tint after a few days without it, so the slightly reduced blacks are worth it.
Ive seen those green tints from few units its like in a shape of a backlight bleeding and im shocked some of my friends think its part of the keyboard theme or on the market background. Though i didnt insist for them to have it replaced but i told them its not normal.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe