Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Splashtop Remote Desktop

Tip us?

bobapunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Default Splashtop Remote Desktop

The Free app of the Day on Amazon is "Splashtop Remote Desktop"

The app is supposed to let you link to a computer and access an files or programs on that machine.

The app seems like it might be useful but I would like to get your feedback on it.

(I am not associated at all with this app or its developer, I just thought it was neat and would like to get more opinions on it)

Thanks!

rjin9673
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobapunk View Post
The Free app of the Day on Amazon is "Splashtop Remote Desktop"

The app is supposed to let you link to a computer and access an files or programs on that machine.

The app seems like it might be useful but I would like to get your feedback on it.

(I am not associated at all with this app or its developer, I just thought it was neat and would like to get more opinions on it)

Thanks!
It requires that you install a client on your machine to use. I would recommend using the built-in RDP for Windows. There are many free RDP clients out for android that work, such as 2X, and do the same thing without installing extra.

jeremystyle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you are using a mac check out the computer specs because it only works on lion. I use jump and love it

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

alloydwhitlock
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
While reading the reviews listed for the Amazon Appstore for Splashtop, something that struck me as concerning was the lack of encryption. The reviewer did a great deal of research and said that Splashtop should have it available, though not when that date will come.

Personally, I use the free version of Pocket Cloud from Wyse for my remote desktop needs. It works well and uses your Google account information for logging in.
  • Droid Eris - GSB 4.4 - CM 7.2 (Retired)
  • Nook Tablet - CM 7.2 (Current)
  • Droid Bionic - Stock 2.3.4 (Researching)

lukeskope
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've used Pocket Cloud and Splashtop on OS X Snow Leopard, so the poster saying it only works on Lion is wrong. Splashtop's encryption is loose to speed the program up. Splashtop is great for accessing your computer from your own LAN but insecure if you are on another network. Splashtop is cool, might as well give it a try, but I prefer Pocket Cloud overall.

jeremystyle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskope View Post
I've used Pocket Cloud and Splashtop on OS X Snow Leopard, so the poster saying it only works on Lion is wrong. Splashtop's encryption is loose to speed the program up. Splashtop is great for accessing your computer from your own LAN but insecure if you are on another network. Splashtop is cool, might as well give it a try, but I prefer Pocket Cloud overall.
Sorry about that, I just saw SL as well. My mistake.