6th January 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Peoria, IL
Thanks Meter: 56

496 posts
Donate to Me
More
The Free app of the Day on Amazon is "Splashtop Remote Desktop"

The app is supposed to let you link to a computer and access an files or programs on that machine.

The app seems like it might be useful but I would like to get your feedback on it.

(I am not associated at all with this app or its developer, I just thought it was neat and would like to get more opinions on it)

Thanks!
6th January 2012, 03:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobapunk

The Free app of the Day on Amazon is "Splashtop Remote Desktop"

The app is supposed to let you link to a computer and access an files or programs on that machine.

The app seems like it might be useful but I would like to get your feedback on it.

(I am not associated at all with this app or its developer, I just thought it was neat and would like to get more opinions on it)

Thanks!

It requires that you install a client on your machine to use. I would recommend using the built-in RDP for Windows. There are many free RDP clients out for android that work, such as 2X, and do the same thing without installing extra.
6th January 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
If you are using a mac check out the computer specs because it only works on lion. I use jump and love it

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk
6th January 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Stoughton, WI
Thanks Meter: 8

20 posts
Donate to Me
While reading the reviews listed for the Amazon Appstore for Splashtop, something that struck me as concerning was the lack of encryption. The reviewer did a great deal of research and said that Splashtop should have it available, though not when that date will come.

Personally, I use the free version of Pocket Cloud from Wyse for my remote desktop needs. It works well and uses your Google account information for logging in.
6th January 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

41 posts
I've used Pocket Cloud and Splashtop on OS X Snow Leopard, so the poster saying it only works on Lion is wrong. Splashtop's encryption is loose to speed the program up. Splashtop is great for accessing your computer from your own LAN but insecure if you are on another network. Splashtop is cool, might as well give it a try, but I prefer Pocket Cloud overall.
9th January 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #6  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
my bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskope

I've used Pocket Cloud and Splashtop on OS X Snow Leopard, so the poster saying it only works on Lion is wrong. Splashtop's encryption is loose to speed the program up. Splashtop is great for accessing your computer from your own LAN but insecure if you are on another network. Splashtop is cool, might as well give it a try, but I prefer Pocket Cloud overall.

Sorry about that, I just saw SL as well. My mistake.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread