Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 51,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loss of root after flashing ?????????

Tip us?

Graham Dougherty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Loss of root after flashing ?????????

I keep losing root access after flashing 2.3.3 roms. I have some 2.3.3 roms in recovery that work fine. Is it required to flash a new superuser when I flash a new rom setup? If so what order do i flash? 1 flash formatt all zip 2 flash rom 3 flash kernel 3 flash gapps 4 flash gps fix .zip??? I Originally rooted using unrevoked 3 then ran CM6 snap to CM7 to OMGB Fresh ect. no problem. Now some GB roms CM7.1.0 and numerous Sense roms come up after flash no ROOT access.
The Following User Says Thank You to Graham Dougherty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HipKat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,829

DONATE TO ME
You have to go to the SU app and enable permissions. You're not losing root.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
Android 4.4.4
ROM SOKP MKK444 V01
KERNEL Alucard v2.6.9.b
GAPPS PA Modular Full 4.4.4 20140804
RADIO R970TYUFND1
RECOVERY Philz Touch 5.06.6

My Life Is Committed To Jesus!

The Following User Says Thank You to HipKat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 151
If SU isn't baked into the rom that you flash, you have to get it from market like hip kat said

Sent from my DECK'ed out EVO
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to {ParanoiA} For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bossman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default need help.. plz

im searching and searching the thread for answers, but i cant seem to find one that fixes my evo's root. i recently had the newest stock rooted rom and everything was working fine even the root.. today i flashed to ics 4.0.3 from deck and i seem to have lost root access.. supposedly my phone is still rooted, and i do believe it is, since superuser works and everything, but when i open titanium back or any other app that needs su persmission, i get access denied.. my head hurts.. and if i miss anything i would appreciate it if anyone can guide me in the right direction.. thanks. ps. i tried installing an older version of su from recover, but that didnt do much difference.. it still doesnt work

Notorious
Old
Thanks Meter 5,062

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman1 View Post
im searching and searching the thread for answers, but i cant seem to find one that fixes my evo's root. i recently had the newest stock rooted rom and everything was working fine even the root.. today i flashed to ics 4.0.3 from deck and i seem to have lost root access.. supposedly my phone is still rooted, and i do believe it is, since superuser works and everything, but when i open titanium back or any other app that needs su persmission, i get access denied.. my head hurts.. and if i miss anything i would appreciate it if anyone can guide me in the right direction.. thanks. ps. i tried installing an older version of su from recover, but that didnt do much difference.. it still doesnt work
http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...ghi-signed.zip flash this in recovery dont ask what it is just flash
The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bossman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4gnoob View Post
http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...ghi-signed.zip flash this in recovery dont ask what it is just flash
i know what that is, and i will give it a shot.. ive been trying out different roms, and just now i flashed to another ics rom and for some reason, the su doesnt allow root access.. every other rom seems fine, the problem with my phone is when i have ics rom.. but ill let u know wat happens

HipKat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,829

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
You have to go to the SU app and enable permissions. You're not losing root.
FFS!!!!!!! I already posted the answer
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
Android 4.4.4
ROM SOKP MKK444 V01
KERNEL Alucard v2.6.9.b
GAPPS PA Modular Full 4.4.4 20140804
RADIO R970TYUFND1
RECOVERY Philz Touch 5.06.6

My Life Is Committed To Jesus!

bossman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
FFS!!!!!!! I already posted the answer
i did this and nothing changed.. i thought i did a bad flash, but i re did it and still the same. gonna try flashin su right now see if that helps

bossman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4gnoob View Post
thanks. this worked

Notorious
Old
Thanks Meter 5,062

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman1 View Post
thanks. this worked
It always does

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App