Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CWM for Galaxy Player 5.0 US (YP-G70XAA)

OP apapousek

6th January 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 264

305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello all,

I'm working on porting CWM to our beloved Galaxy Player 5.0 US edition. I'm loosely following the guide here. I cannot promise that I'll be able to port it successfully, but I can promise that I'll brick my device at least once.

tl;dr : This post says some guy is working on CWM. Woot!

-apapousek
6th January 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lenexa
Thanks Meter: 1,668

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your sending it to the people are you? And good luck, I only wish I knew how to do this
7th January 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #3  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 5

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
Apapouseck-

Are you a dev? PM me and give me your email address please. I have a question.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
7th January 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 264

305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoller1

Your sending it to the people are you? And good luck, I only wish I knew how to do this

Of course I'm distributing it. Once I get a working copy, it's being thrown on github, or my own server, and given freely, open source, blah blah blah. No proprietary crap, except maybe enough drivers to get it up and running. But sources for those, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramjammer

Apapouseck-

Are you a dev? PM me and give me your email address please. I have a question.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Well, technically not a dev. I just like taking software, messing around with it, seeing what it can do. My email address is anthony@papousek.org
8th January 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Philadelphia Pa
Thanks Meter: 12

246 posts
More
Can't wait

Sent from my YP-G70 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
8th January 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #6  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,827

13,538 posts
Donate to Me
More
That post, as it says, doesn't cover Samsung devices. It turns out that a while back, Koush made a commit to mkvendor.sh that allows it to operate without an example boot.img.

However, the problem is that there's a remaining bug in mkvendor.sh that TMPDIR is not set in the code path that is triggered when you don't specify boot.img

Right now I'm at a state where CWM starts and runs, but somehow it is treating the tilt sensor as volup/voldn input - so the thing scrolls eternally.
8th January 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 50

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

That post, as it says, doesn't cover Samsung devices. It turns out that a while back, Koush made a commit to mkvendor.sh that allows it to operate without an example boot.img.

However, the problem is that there's a remaining bug in mkvendor.sh that TMPDIR is not set in the code path that is triggered when you don't specify boot.img

Right now I'm at a state where CWM starts and runs, but somehow it is treating the tilt sensor as volup/voldn input - so the thing scrolls eternally.

Maybe you need the s3c-keypad file to correct this or changing somewhere in the source /dev/input/eventX to another one.
8th January 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #8  
Flag Owego, NY

13,538 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks like I need to figure out how to filter out /dev/input/event1, and only pay attention to event4 and event5 (or just event4)
8th January 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag Owego, NY

13,538 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've got something that seems to be working... Needs a lot more testing. Recovery is important, and if it's broken, can really **** up someone's device.

Also, the way I got it working seems to be a massive hackjob, I need to chat with Koush if there's a better way to do things. Either that or a LOT of CWM porters have done source code modifications without publishing them (Which, while not ideal is allowed for CWM since it is Apache-licensed not GPL.)
8th January 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #10  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 50

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

I've got something that seems to be working... Needs a lot more testing. Recovery is important, and if it's broken, can really **** up someone's device.

Also, the way I got it working seems to be a massive hackjob, I need to chat with Koush if there's a better way to do things. Either that or a LOT of CWM porters have done source code modifications without publishing them (Which, while not ideal is allowed for CWM since it is Apache-licensed not GPL.)

I'm glad you got a clockworkmod which seems to work. Let us know what koush says and if it'll be official support to CWM on our devices.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread